Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2024, 06:21 PM

8,587 posts, read 11,015,721 times

Advertisements

What is it with this senator?
I favor all he is doing to combat Biden's illegal executive orders, but, I keep thinking something/someone is behind Mr. Manchin's provocative stance.
For the last year, this democrat senator seems to be against many things Biden proposes.
He states he is not running for re-election, and turned down running as a third party candidate for president.
Could it be that he and Trump have secretly decided a split ticket is on the horizon?
I believe a Trump/ Manchin ticket would be unbeatable.

Manchin has pulled far away from basic democratic party lines and policies, to the point of being an unannounced independent politician.
Something is up with this man, I just don't know what it is yet.

Perhaps we will get our "October surprise" early this year, just before the republican convention.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2024, 06:24 PM

2,357 posts, read 1,158,430 times
Better Manchin than Noem.

Old 05-03-2024, 07:44 PM

11,153 posts, read 10,733,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
I favor all he is doing to combat Biden's illegal executive orders, but, I keep thinking something/someone is behind Mr. Manchin's provocative stance.
For the last year, this democrat senator seems to be against many things Biden proposes.
He states he is not running for re-election, and turned down running as a third party candidate for president.
Could it be that he and Trump have secretly decided a split ticket is on the horizon?

Manchin has pulled far away from basic democratic party lines and policies, to the point of being an unannounced independent politician.

Perhaps we will get our "October surprise" early this year, just before the republican convention.
Manchin has not pulled away from the Democratic Party lines, they've been pulled away from him. He's an old school Democrat, from back when the Democratic Party was run by sane people. It isn't like this is the first time he's stood up to the party. He's already said he won't run for re-election, so he can pretty much vote his conscience. Luckily, unlike the modern Democrats, he still has one.

Old 05-03-2024, 08:34 PM

6,066 posts, read 3,787,860 times
I like Manchin, but I don't think that he will be Trump's VP pick. There are numerous moderate Republicans who could fill the spot just as easily without p*ssing off a huge portion of the Republican party by Trump's picking a Democrat.

Not that Manchin is a "lefty", but if Trump goes too far left in his VP selection, he risks p*ssing off the right wing of the party which he can't afford to lose.

The way I see it, Manchin would be an excellent choice for one of the "other" parties such as a running mate for RFK Jr. Manchin would add a lot of gravitas to Kennedy's candidacy. I think that a LOT of the moderate Dems could get behind that pair. Might even siphon off a few Pubs.

Old 05-03-2024, 09:20 PM

3,357 posts, read 1,453,675 times
Quote:

I’d be surprised if Joe Manchin would tie his political (and moral) future to Mr. Trump, but politicians being what they are, I suppose anything is possible.

Old 05-04-2024, 10:20 AM

45,671 posts, read 27,299,876 times
Quote:

Actually - the Democrat party has pulled away from what it used to be - and has become anti-American in much of what it supports.

Old 05-04-2024, 12:12 PM

39,107 posts, read 51,328,001 times
Manchin is a pretty reliable democratic vote actually. He does have a couple of things that explain his splits with Biden. First, he is a tool of the fossil fuel industry which is explainable as he represents his state and his state is under their control. Also, he is a deficit hawk, so he tends to oppose any big spending programs.

Old 05-04-2024, 07:58 PM

9,191 posts, read 6,368,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Actually - the Democrat party has pulled away from what it used to be - and has become anti-American in much of what it supports.
The Democrat party has become the Globalist party and the Globalists hate that Americans enjoy a higher standard of living than much of the rest of the world. Notice how everything the Democrats propose seems to eat away at our standard of living in one way or another? They drive up energy costs with climate change proposals. They drive up product prices by imposing insane regulations and DEI mandates on businesses and so on and so forth.

Younger generations are financially hurt by this political behavior and yet they continue to strongly favor the Democrat party.

Old 05-04-2024, 09:38 PM

13,354 posts, read 7,385,078 times
Sen. Joe Manchin: ‘I cannot for the love of my country endorse Donald Trump’

Old 05-04-2024, 10:14 PM

9,380 posts, read 7,003,158 times
Dems will choose to burn it down before they endorse the opposite party.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies