Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Were Native Americans the victims of Genocide by the United States of America?
Yes 184 67.65%
No 88 32.35%
Voters: 272. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2008, 01:50 PM

6,734 posts, read 9,345,633 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Palpatein View Post
What about the Indian Genocide against the settlers?

Read some history. Fort Parker Massacre is a good start.

It was common practice for them to drag captured white babies from a running horse so that the baby's body would shred up with arms, legs, and head detaching.
You would defend your land too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2008, 01:50 PM

208 posts, read 412,298 times
If white people are so freaking evil as you postulate then why is it that third worlders are desparate to get into our countries?

=====================

European settlers were constantly massacured by INdians. Real men rise up and protect their families and since they did, today we have people like you proclaiming that Europeans were a bunch of murderous thugs.

Old 06-12-2008, 01:51 PM

3,199 posts, read 4,319,109 times
Default Good grief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reads2MUCH View Post
Would you say the same about the Jews and Gypsies. Germany declared war on their kind. They nearly succeeded in their extermination. But hey, who cares, welcome to the real world. Sorry, but the problem is that your real world isn't real at all. It is a world of domination and hate while the real world stands for peace and love. Those who choose to live in the real world find these kinds of historical events sickening. Those who live in your real world think that is just how the cookie crumbles. God, I hope I never live in your world.
Don't forget Disneyworld

Old 06-12-2008, 01:51 PM

It wasn't the INdians land.

They were a bunch of nomadic cannibals.

Massacuring each other's tribes.

What you think New York and Detroit were built by Indians?

Old 06-12-2008, 01:54 PM

13,406 posts, read 28,741,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishtom29 View Post
I didn't deny anything except your notion of what genocide is. Your notion (and the UN's) is so wide as to make almost any war into "genocide". If forcing the Indians of Illinois to move to Kansas and Oklahoma was "genocide" then we need a new word to define what went on at Auschwitz and Buchenwald.

Your saying that what happened to the Indians at our hands is no different than what the Germans did to the Jews is ridiculous. What gives the lie to your statement is that after more than 200 years there are many Indians in The United States, in ony four years the Germans damned near exterminated the Jews in the areas they controlled. "Exterminated" as in killed everyone, root and branch. Not "killed enough to make the rest give up and go back to the reservation", no EXTERMINATED.

Give me an example of any Indian nation that The United States government exterminated or even attempted to exterminate. You can't. Not to mention some Indian nations that were allies of The United States such as The Pawnees, Rees and Crows. Funny way to commit genocide, arming people and using them as military allies.

In any event live on land taked from Indians and I intend to stay here. There's no excuse for giving modern Indians a raw deal but they're never gonna get Kentucky back as a private game preserve.
I'll just state I agree...you've already made the point
I personally do not believe the US made a deliberate effort to kill off all the indians.
The indians were a conquered people many gave up the fight and were relocated...fair?? no....unfortunately it's the nature of the beast the conquerers vs the conquered.

Old 06-12-2008, 01:57 PM

Dude,

You've got W.A.I.D.S.

White Immune Acquired Immune Definiciency Disorder. Everybody, duck and cover because I think he's going to perform another self-immoliation act!

Old 06-12-2008, 01:58 PM

3,923 posts, read 3,648,840 times
Quote:
If white people are so freaking evil as you postulate then why is it that third worlders are desparate to get into our countries?

=====================

European settlers were constantly massacured by INdians. Real men rise up and protect their families and since they did, today we have people like you proclaiming that Europeans were a bunch of murderous thugs.
The third worlders want to be here because like the true imperialists that we are we have taken all that is good in the world for ourselves, so they have no choice but to want to come here. The imperialists also landed in America and did the same thing. Started taking away another people's land and killing their people. European settlers were killed in retaliation for their brutality toward the Indians. And if ever there were "real men" it was the Native Americans. If not for the white man's guns I believe the war would have ended a lot differently. White men were no match for the natural prowess and hunting skill of the Native Americans. Not to mention they lived with nature, they did not exploit and destroy it. Sorry, but we were a plague set on this once beautiful land and have since destroyed its beauty at every turn. And sorry but if you study history just a bit you find that European settlers (conquerors) were brutal, murderous thugs under the control of mad kings and despots. But as I said before, we are not responsible for the sins of our fathers. But for our ignorant denial of past events, we are.

Old 06-12-2008, 01:58 PM

I guess in your book, dragging white babies till they were shredded is a good wholesome thing huh?

Old 06-12-2008, 01:59 PM

Were your ancestors slave owners?

Because you're so saddled with white guilt.

Enough with the self immoliating acts.

Old 06-12-2008, 02:01 PM

3,923 posts, read 3,648,840 times
Quote:
It wasn't the INdians land.

They were a bunch of nomadic cannibals.

Massacuring each other's tribes.

What you think New York and Detroit were built by Indians?
Your ignorance is staggering, but not uncommon. But if you look at the poll results I think you will notice that for the most part people do believe what happened was genocide.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies