Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Were Native Americans the victims of Genocide by the United States of America?
Yes 184 67.65%
No 88 32.35%
Voters: 272. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2008, 02:05 PM

3,923 posts, read 3,648,388 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Palpatein View Post
Were your ancestors slave owners?

Because you're so saddled with white guilt.

Enough with the self immoliating acts.
I don't have white guilt. I could care less about skin color. I care about real truth, not patriotic ramblings about how we were justified in what we did to these people. As far as shredding babies is concerned, of course I don't agree with that. I never said the Indians never did anything heinous or wrong. But they were fighting for their homes and land, not conquest. Both sides did their wrongs but at least the Indians were justified in their fight to save their people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2008, 02:06 PM

14,164 posts, read 27,237,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reads2MUCH View Post
Your ignorance is staggering, but not uncommon. But if you look at the poll results I think you will notice that for the most part people do believe what happened was genocide.
I'm gonna go out on a limb here and guess that Obama can't count on a vote form the "Senator" here

Old 06-12-2008, 02:08 PM

208 posts, read 412,276 times
You're attributing European characteristics to those Indians in question - is that not racist!?

There was no Kurkkawa nation with an economy, military, school system, bridges, industry, etc.

These were nomadic people, many of whom were cannibals, horrificlly tortured people for fun, massacured neighboring tribes and butchered terrified European settlers.

Old 06-12-2008, 02:09 PM

208 posts, read 412,276 times
No, Obama's not getting my vote.

I don't take orders from Chris Matthews or self-loathing pot head professors.

Old 06-12-2008, 02:11 PM

2,057 posts, read 3,414,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reads2MUCH View Post
Would you say the same about the Jews and Gypsies.
Jews, yes. Gypsies, I know nothing about.

Quote:
Sorry, but the problem is that your real world isn't real at all. It is a world of domination and hate while the real world stands for peace and love.
Power corrupts. When a person is apparently all for peace and love, occasions arise where their gratification seems to outweigh the peace and love for the world... Then they cross that threshold a little easier and a little easier until they're just downright bad. That's just human nature.

As far as "the bad world not existing", I think there are a whole of Jews that would disagree... if they were alive to tell you. I think there are a whole lot of people in Darfur who would disagree with you.

Just because you place your head in the sand doesn't mean that reality is only sand.

Quote:
Those who choose to live in the real world find these kinds of historical events sickening. Those who live in your real world think that is just how the cookie crumbles. God, I hope I never live in your world.
The most tragic thing about your opinion is that it's exactly what everyone says not to do. I recognize the evil prevalent in history and make my choices in a way that minimizes it in my own little way. When everybody does that, we have a good world. However, you pretend like history can't repeat itself-- Pretending that it's not possible for these things to happen again and that they're not a part of the real world... while they're happening right now.

With all due respect, you need to get real. The world's is harsh and violent. The first step to keeping that violence on the other side of the door is to accept that.

Old 06-12-2008, 02:21 PM

Oh, I see Senator Palpatine no longer has any real comments to post so it's time to pull out the old insult handbook. That's fine, I was expecting it sooner or later. The fact is no, I am neither a professor or a pot-head. And I am truly happy with who I am. But that doesn't mean I have to be OK with everything the white race has done throughout history. But maybe that is because my gene pool lies only half on the European side. Care to guess where my other roots stem from.

Last edited by Reads2MUCH; 06-12-2008 at 02:42 PM..

Old 06-12-2008, 02:29 PM

If you read up a little on the Holocaust you will find that Hitler was not just exterminating Jews, but also millions of Gypsies as well. As far as getting real, I don't deny that evil exists today in our world. But that is still not the real world. We live in a fake, material world where the few are out to have it all and the rest yearn for peace and relief. There is nothing real or genuine about the way the world is running these days.

Old 06-12-2008, 02:30 PM

5,168 posts, read 11,442,095 times
Let's please get back on topic
Were the native Americans the victims of genocide by the United States of America - or else this thread will be closed.
NO PERSONAL INSULTS!

forum rules, please read them

Old 06-12-2008, 04:23 PM

10,261 posts, read 21,765,143 times
I find myself in bad company defending The United States against the charge of genocide.

I'll make something clear; I don't think any reasonable person can deny that the Indians were invaded and conquered and were the victims of gross injustice. I don't make light of what was done to them nor do I deny they had the right to defend themselves and their territory.But I don't think they were victims of genocide. Victims of war, conquest, disease and neglect yes.

However, and this is a big however, I was born here and here is where I'll stay.

Old 06-12-2008, 04:45 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,561,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishtom29 View Post
I find myself in bad company defending The United States against the charge of genocide.

I'll make something clear; I don't think any reasonable person can deny that the Indians were invaded and conquered and were the victims of gross injustice. I don't make light of what was done to them nor do I deny they had the right to defend themselves and their territory.But I don't think they were victims of genocide. Victims of war, conquest, disease and neglect yes.

However, and this is a big however, I was born here and here is where I'll stay.
I'll second that..and remind others that so far, in this country, anyone is free to leave (unless you're a felon under court order). The sincerest, purest form of making amends would be to pack up and leave....any takers?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies