Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2008, 10:49 PM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,117,293 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
I guess that means your neighbor was stupid and didnt sign a 50 year contract in the 1990's with a lawn maintenance company..
Yeah he did but those shifty "Trial Lawyers" got the maintenance company our of it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2008, 11:05 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,564,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewToCA View Post
You know you are a liberal if you consider tagging (or graffiti) an acceptable creative art form.
It MUST be....some years ago, someone published a HUGE "Coffee Table" volume of photos of grafitti...yes, a little of it was the colorful "mural" type found in some barrios which could loosely be called 'folk art'..but the large majority of it was just plain grafitti..on every surface that could be 'sprayed', much of it totally defacing the area.

Nice move, whoever published that...and you know you're a liberal when you fork over $55 Dollars for this book, to impress your cocktail party guests...

Old 06-13-2008, 06:03 AM

2,940 posts, read 3,973,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
When George Bush is a murderer, islam is a religion of peace, jimmy carter a statesman, the most pressing issue this country faces is allowing homosexuals to marry, you actually believe Algore, there is no problem that more tax dollars cant fix, people dont kill people, guns do, baby animals are more important than baby humans, you really think there is a population explosion, big SUV's disgust you, mcmansion's is your new favorite buzz word, you like to use the term's bigot, homophobe, racist and neocon all in the same sentence, you are a soccer fan, you hate nascar and all those stupid redneck hick's that support it, just about everywhere else in the world is better than America, you drive a subaru with a rainbow sticker a celebrate diversity sticker and a kucinich gore kerry for president on the back!
That's quite the generalization, and I guess that's why I consider myself and independent, because I don;t neatly fit into a box labeled "liberal" or "conservative." Let's revew your criteria and what I believe:

I believe George W. Bush (and Dick Cheney) IS a murderer, the Iraq war is a sham.

I DO NOT believe Islam is a religion of peace (but I do think we provoke them with our wars-for-oil and funding of Israel.

Jimmy Carter...well, I was 2 years old when he was elected, but my opinion is that he's a good man who got elected at the wrong time.

I do not believe the most pressing issue is allowing homosexuals to marry, I do not believe they should be allowed to "marry"...marriage, by definition, is between a man and a woman. Should they be allowed a some sort of civil union...I don't see why not...for legal purposes: health care, etc. They're not hurting anyone by doing so. And its not like straight people have been giving marriage a good name...look at the divorce rate.

I do not believe Al Gore and his global warming crap...and I think he's a hypocrite for preaching to people about conserving energy while he flies around in a private jet and lives in a mansion.

I do not think baby animals are more important than baby humans....I am pro-life and oppose abortion in pretty much any circumstance. I wish Roe v. Wade would go the way of the dinosaur. But I also think we should not be cruel to animals and protect them whenever possible. I'm not a hunter, but I think hunting is OK as long as you eat what you kill.

I HATE McMansions and sprawl.

Big SUV's do disgust me, if they are not being used for a legitimate purpose...if its hauling one person to the office, or some lady to the mall, its despicable. If its being used for work or hauling around a large family, that's OK with me.

Soccer is OK with me. And NASCAR does suck...another excuse for mullet-headed rednecks to get drunk off of cheap swill beer.
Rednecks driving in circles is not a sport, and my bet is that most of its beer-bellied chain-smoking fans wouldn't last 2 minutes on a soccer field. (Oh, also, to you NASCAR fans, hate to spoil this for you, but WWE wrestling is not real).

And I don't drive around with rainbow stickers, diversity stickers, or any political stickers....I don't trust any politician enough to want to put a sticker on my car.

To be honest, I probably would lean liberal if liberals weren't so in love with high taxes and abortion.

Old 06-13-2008, 06:07 AM

8,577 posts, read 7,860,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prinny View Post
Why would I feel dumb? Nothing dumb about me at all? I'm quite intelligent actually!
you know you're a liberal after you make that statement.

Old 06-13-2008, 06:47 AM

161 posts, read 384,670 times
You know your a liberal if....

~You believe the answer to lower crime rates is through counseling

~You can't see the irony in your own beliefs

Old 06-13-2008, 06:49 AM

8,185 posts, read 12,647,292 times
You know you are a liberal when you don't see the hypocrisy in the following statement "I refuse to generalize or stereotype people who are a different race/religion/ethnicity/sexual orientation then myself --- quite unlike those knuckledragging, nascar loving, mullet wearing, bear drinking hillbilly neocons!!!"

Old 06-13-2008, 07:41 AM

13,608 posts, read 21,407,908 times
you know you are a modern day liberal when you say America was formed by a bunch of " selfish rich white guys who just didn't want to pay their taxes".

Old 06-13-2008, 07:51 AM

you know you're a liberal if you think the words, "we hold these truths to be self evident, that all men are created equal," were from a barack obama speech.

Old 06-13-2008, 07:58 AM

27,672 posts, read 16,166,190 times
when your last line of defense is name calling.

Old 06-13-2008, 08:01 AM

you know you're a liberal if you have ever used the term "bush tax cuts for the super rich," and believed it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies