Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-07-2008, 12:00 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,170,143 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
This thread re-visits the question:

If abortion is murder, then what sentence should women get who get abortions?
It's premeditated, so Murder in the 1st Degree, 25 to Life. Another option would be Murder in the 2nd Degree (Depraved Indifference) 17-25 years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7
Ah yes, BUT, if we make abortion illegal because it's murder, then logically, the same punishments doled out to parents who kill their babies AFTER birth should be applied to murder "pre" birth, no?

If those who think abortion is murder don't agree, what and where is the distinction?
Give it time and you won't have to worry. It will be legal to have a post-birth abortion and kill your children.

There isn't much difference between, "A child would inconvenience my life-style so I had it's skull crushed and its brains sucked out" and "A child would inconvenience my life-style so I dashed its brains out against a wall."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2008, 12:31 PM

1,385 posts, read 3,006,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
It's premeditated, so Murder in the 1st Degree, 25 to Life. Another option would be Murder in the 2nd Degree (Depraved Indifference) 17-25 years.

Give it time and you won't have to worry. It will be legal to have a post-birth abortion and kill your children.

There isn't much difference between, "A child would inconvenience my life-style so I had it's skull crushed and its brains sucked out" and "A child would inconvenience my life-style so I dashed its brains out against a wall."

Old 07-07-2008, 03:19 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,286,152 times
Mircea, who are you to judge what a person does with their body?
What does an early abortion look like? (http://www.abortion.org.au/abortionpictures.htm - broken link)
Do you really think this could live on its own outside of the womb?

Old 07-07-2008, 03:37 PM

3,337 posts, read 5,120,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAFan View Post
I don't think anyone should have kids. Its better that way. If "accidents" happen, then abortion is the best way to go.
Aren't you glad your mother thought differently??

Old 07-07-2008, 03:43 PM

3,337 posts, read 5,120,178 times
Quote:
I'm serious. Now I'm childfree by choice. If I was a with a woman who said she never wanted kids, she's really a liar and wants kids and tries to get me trapped in that situation, then that is a major crime and felony. She should be arrested for pressuring a man to have kids. She's being a fraud and manipulative.

It's your right to be child-free and I appreciate your honesty about why you don't want children. I have no issues with it at all because 1) It's none of my business 2) It's your right.

That being said, perhaps you should guarantee that you never have a child by getting a vasectomy. That way, no woman can "trap" you at all (well, 99.9% of the time) and no abortions are necessary. Win-win for all. Most women want a child eventually, so good luck finding a woman who will stay with you even though they want a child.

Old 07-07-2008, 03:54 PM

1,875 posts, read 2,870,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theroc5156 View Post
It's your right to be child-free and I appreciate your honesty about why you don't want children. I have no issues with it at all because 1) It's none of my business 2) It's your right.

That being said, perhaps you should guarantee that you never have a child by getting a vasectomy. That way, no woman can "trap" you at all (well, 99.9% of the time) and no abortions are necessary. Win-win for all. Most women want a child eventually, so good luck finding a woman who will stay with you even though they want a child.
Well I would end the relationship right away if she changes her mind. Women who can't make up her mind, they can leave me alone as well. If I was married to a confused woman, I'd have no issue with a divorce.

Old 07-07-2008, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theroc5156 View Post
Aren't you glad your mother thought differently??
Are you implying something?

Old 07-07-2008, 03:57 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,353,683 times
Quote:
All I'm saying is, if people have abortions, they should feel no shame or guilt. They should be happy and move on, hopefully no more accidents could happen.
Theres no excuse for accidents in todays world, the word accident should be replaced with stupidity.

Old 07-07-2008, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
Theres no excuse for accidents in todays world, the word accident should be replaced with stupidity.
Young people being intimitly out of control, going unprotected, doing the unthinkable, and all that.

Old 07-07-2008, 04:11 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,286,152 times
And a condom never broke, right.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies