Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2008, 10:06 AM

1,385 posts, read 3,005,868 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Knocker View Post
Some people feel incest is normal too. Dont make it so. Normal has nothing to do with thought process, its got to do with reality. 2 men getting married isn't normal. I dont care if they do but it does effect every one of us personally. Thats why its so important to the gay community. They want to be normal but theyre not & gay marriage gives them a shallow pretense of normalcy. They want my kids & everyone else to grow up accepting what is basically sexual deviancy as normal because they cant accept the fact, or wont accept the fact they simply have issues.
Incest is a completely different issue from homosexuality. You are going down the slippery slope.
How does two strangers of the same sex (who you've never met) getting married affect you? What is your real problem with gays?

Quote:
If you cant see the difference between heterosexual marriage & homosexual marriage you need some biology lessons. Its got little to do with God but everything to do with simple social values & reality.
Sure sounds like you're trying to push your religious agenda into someone else's business. And if you're trying to say that the only reason to get married is to have children you're wrong again. And besides there are many gay couples who are raising children.

Quote:
Well since the definition of marriage is a social contract between a MAN & a WOMAN theres not much need to say its not between two men is there.
The definition of marriage has been constantly changing and will continue to change. And I've always heard to it as "two people joining together"

Quote:
I'm sorry these people got spat at but I'd bet money they knew they were creating controversy & that, as much as any desire to get married, fueled their desire to go ahead with it.
So you're saying they deserved to get spat at? I'm sure that's why they did it; this whole love thing is just a red herring.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2008, 10:15 AM

48,502 posts, read 96,823,165 times
That is sick but seems to be pretty much normal behavior how days amoung protestors. Remember when they threw baloon with urine in the good old 60's against cops and guardsman?

Old 07-13-2008, 10:28 AM

2,779 posts, read 7,520,772 times
Quote:
Some people feel incest is normal too. Dont make it so. Normal has nothing to do with thought process, its got to do with reality. 2 men getting married isn't normal. I dont care if they do but it does effect every one of us personally. Thats why its so important to the gay community. They want to be normal but theyre not & gay marriage gives them a shallow pretense of normalcy. They want my kids & everyone else to grow up accepting what is basically sexual deviancy as normal because they cant accept the fact, or wont accept the fact they simply have issues.

If you cant see the difference between heterosexual marriage & homosexual marriage you need some biology lessons. Its got little to do with God but everything to do with simple social values & reality.

Well since the definition of marriage is a social contract between a MAN & a WOMAN theres not much need to say its not between two men is there.

I'm sorry these people got spat at but I'd bet money they knew they were creating controversy & that, as much as any desire to get married, fueled their desire to go ahead with it.
Homophobics are the deviants. People who are homosexual and who live as homosexuals are acting in a mentally healthy way, while people who repress their homosexuality, channeling themselves instead into intense fear of and antipathy towards homosexuals while engaging in heterosexual relations, need help to overcome their self-hatred and denial.

Old 07-13-2008, 10:44 AM

5,232 posts, read 8,411,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arod0331 View Post
Incest is a completely different issue from homosexuality. You are going down the slippery slope.
In your mind maybe, but they are both abnormal sex practices & if being gay is "normal" simply because gay people say so then why isn't incest "normal" simply because folks that practice it say so?

Quote:
How does two strangers of the same sex (who you've never met) getting married affect you? What is your real problem with gays?
Because its giving it a social stamp of approval it doesn't deserve. I have no problem with gays. I have a problem with ignoreing reality. Being gay is fine, thats none of my buisness. Truth is the gay community is its own worst enemy making such a big deal out of things.

Quote:
Sure sounds like you're trying to push your religious agenda into someone else's business. And if you're trying to say that the only reason to get married is to have children you're wrong again. And besides there are many gay couples who are raising children.
Funny, I dont think I brought up religion at all. The reason for mateing in the first place & the reason we have a sex drive at all is to reproduce. Thats got nothing to do with marriage. A couple reproducing is very important to the future of a species. So we, pretty much universally, recognize such unions as important & marriage was created.

Gay people can raise kids, so can monkeys. But they cannot produce them & shouldn't be allowed to adopt.

Quote:
The definition of marriage has been constantly changing and will continue to change. And I've always heard to it as "two people joining together"
Bullsnot, thats not true & you know it. Until very recently marriage was between a Man & Wife.

Quote:
So you're saying they deserved to get spat at? I'm sure that's why they did it; this whole love thing is just a red herring.
I think I clearly said I'm sorry they got spat at.
I doubt however they were very surprised & I'm sure they knew they were creating controversy.

Old 07-13-2008, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by norcalmom101 View Post
Homophobics are the deviants. People who are homosexual and who live as homosexuals are acting in a mentally healthy way, while people who repress their homosexuality, channeling themselves instead into intense fear of and antipathy towards homosexuals while engaging in heterosexual relations, need help to overcome their self-hatred and denial.

Blah blah blah blah.
You might be right about homophobics, I wouldn't know. I do know that homosexuals are deviants, harmless true but deviants none the less.
I'm not even sure theres reason to hold people who are homophobic in contempt. Being aprehensive about sexual deviants in our midst wouldn't seem out of line, especially when they overtly try to subvert reality to suit their deviant lifestyle.

I'd say the truth is that homosexuals are the ones in denial & exhibiting self loathing the way they try to be what their not. But thats their prerogative.

Old 07-13-2008, 10:55 AM

8,185 posts, read 12,635,558 times
[quote=Tin Knocker;4438419]In your mind maybe, but they are both abnormal sex practices & if being gay is "normal" simply because gay people say so then why isn't incest "normal" simply because folks that practice it say so?

quote]

Incest involves the victimization of a child. Homosexuality does not. Huge difference.

Old 07-13-2008, 11:07 AM

1,385 posts, read 3,005,868 times
Quote:
In your mind maybe, but they are both abnormal sex practices & if being gay is "normal" simply because gay people say so then why isn't incest "normal" simply because folks that practice it say so?
Just because you don't like gays doesn't make it abnormal. Being gay does not cause psychological damage to the parties involved, unlike incest.
At one time in history oral sex was thought to be abnormal, should we stop people from doing that too?

Quote:
Because its giving it a social stamp of approval it doesn't deserve. I have no problem with gays. I have a problem with ignoreing reality. Being gay is fine, thats none of my buisness. Truth is the gay community is its own worst enemy making such a big deal out of things.
So many contradictions here.

Quote:
Funny, I dont think I brought up religion at all. The reason for mateing in the first place & the reason we have a sex drive at all is to reproduce. Thats got nothing to do with marriage. A couple reproducing is very important to the future of a species. So we, pretty much universally, recognize such unions as important & marriage was created.
You mentioned god, slip on your part maybe? Sex isn't just for reproduction (then what's the evolutionary purpose of the clitoris?). Two people engage in sex as part of their love for each other and bonding.

Quote:
Gay people can raise kids, so can monkeys. But they cannot produce them & shouldn't be allowed to adopt.
Many gays have had children of their own through artificial insemination or from previous relationships.
They shouldn't be allowed to adopt? How narrow-minded of you that it's better that these children sit in custody of the state and not be allowed to be raised in loving homes with gay parents. I really think you have religious views clouding your judgment, what else could it be?

Quote:
Bullsnot, thats not true & you know it. Until very recently marriage was between a Man & Wife.
So, less than 100 years ago we had arranged marriages in this country not so widespread anymore. People of different classes couldn't marry, certain people could not marry divorced people. Marriage isnt what it's always been.

Quote:
I think I clearly said I'm sorry they got spat at.
I doubt however they were very surprised & I'm sure they knew they were creating controversy.
Yet you say they should have expected it since they were creating controversy? No they shouldn't, gay or straight anyone deserves the right to be treated like a human being and not spit on.

Old 07-13-2008, 11:13 AM

[quote=camping!;4438521]
Quote:

quote]

Incest involves the victimization of a child. Homosexuality does not. Huge difference.
Incest does not always involve children. But thats besides the point.
The point is abnormal is abnormal. Sex between the same sex is as abnormal as it is with kids or relatives. Its more socially acceptable & more often involves consenting adults but that does not make it equal in normalcy to sex between a man & woman. I'm not saying its a crime, just refusing to say that something so obviously abnormal is normal.
People will brand me a homophobe or other things out of frustration but thats their problem.

Old 07-13-2008, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arod0331 View Post
Just because you don't like gays doesn't make it abnormal. Being gay does not cause psychological damage to the parties involved, unlike incest.
At one time in history oral sex was thought to be abnormal, should we stop people from doing that too?
I have no problem with gay people & am not trying to stop them from being gay.

Quote:
So many contradictions here.
Simply because you want there to be.

Quote:
You mentioned god, slip on your part maybe? Sex isn't just for reproduction (then what's the evolutionary purpose of the clitoris?). Two people engage in sex as part of their love for each other and bonding.
You are correct I mentioned God. I said God had little to do with it.
Sex certainly is for reproduction. It feels good so we seek it out & the result is more reproduction. We do however engage in sex to bond & express love. That doesn't mean its normal between members of the same sex.

Quote:
Many gays have had children of their own through artificial insemination or from previous relationships.
Just more evidence of it being a disorder. But children created naturally are totally different that greedily bringing a child into such a home simply because you can afford it & science can make it happen.

Quote:
They shouldn't be allowed to adopt? How narrow-minded of you that it's better that these children sit in custody of the state and not be allowed to be raised in loving homes with gay parents.
How narrow minded of you to assume that the desires of two people to have something they arent fit for outweighs the need of a child for a stable household with a mom & dad.

Quote:
I really think you have religious views clouding your judgment, what else could it be?
Umm, a realistic view of the natural world.

Quote:
So, less than 100 years ago we had arranged marriages in this country not so widespread anymore. People of different classes couldn't marry, certain people could not marry divorced people. Marriage isnt what it's always been.
Theres a world of difference between those examples & homosexual marriage. You dont have to admit it but you know its true.

Quote:
Yet you say they should have expected it since they were creating controversy? No they shouldn't, gay or straight anyone deserves the right to be treated like a human being and not spit on.
Again, I said I'm sorry they got spat at. Nobody deserves that, but I still say they knew they were inviting controversy. Just as those who start these threads are.

Old 07-13-2008, 11:30 AM

2,779 posts, read 7,520,772 times
Homosexuality obviously makes you uncomfortable, causes you anxiety, and you seem to have strong feelings about it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies