Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2008, 04:30 PM

365 posts, read 692,621 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by norcalmom101 View Post
Today a friend at work told me about some friends of hers who just got married in a civil ceremony in California. There were protesters at the city hall where they were being wed, as they are gay and there were several other gay couples getting married.

One of the protesters spit right into her friends face after they completed the ceremony and were exiting.

Zealots who do this in the name of Christianity are taking the Lords name in vain when they call themselves Christians.
I'm a Christian...and I have to agree. This kind of behavior is wrong, completely wrong. What's with Christians these days? I don't get it. Saying "I'm a Christian and being one" must be 2 different things. This is kind of UNGODLY behavior is why the word Christian has been given a bad name. I feel if they want to marry, let them. Their life style is NONE of OUR business anyway. We're suppose to love and accept them. Not go and spit in their faces...shame on them!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2008, 04:43 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,357,057 times
Just because one christian spat on someone doesn't and shouldn't relect on all Christians or group them together, each person has independent thoughts and actions and is not linked to another. this person should have been arrested, you can't go around spitting on people.

Old 07-13-2008, 05:13 PM

10,757 posts, read 35,445,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
Just because one christian spat on someone doesn't and shouldn't relect on all Christians or group them together, each person has independent thoughts and actions and is not linked to another. this person should have been arrested, you can't go around spitting on people.
Absolutely, I agree with you. It only reflects on those that actually DID it and those that defend them doing it. I know alot of christians who would NEVER consider treating their fellow man in this horendous way.

I have to wonder about people who can read about something like this and then come up with reasoning why its OK or understandable that something like this should be done.

Old 07-13-2008, 05:43 PM

24,511 posts, read 33,325,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gradco2004 View Post
+1 rep
-1 rep

Old 07-13-2008, 05:44 PM

145 posts, read 435,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
i agree. These people are just as crazy as those who attack women outside of abortion clinics. I went to one for a pregnancy test one time and this lady jumped on the hood of my car screaming murder and you're going to burn in hell. Yeah thats the way to spread gods gospel

Old 07-13-2008, 05:57 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,571,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EventHorizon View Post
No excuses, spitting on people is horrible. But they are going out on a limb by having a 'civil union ceremony'... what a bunch of bull...
Have you been in a cave recently? Gay marriage is legal in California, duh!!! To the OP, did the couple kick their a***s?

Old 07-13-2008, 06:26 PM

10,757 posts, read 35,445,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
Have you been in a cave recently? Gay marriage is legal in California, duh!!! To the OP, did the couple kick their a***s?
I think they should have been arrested for assualt personally but then they would have decided they were martyrs for the cause or something sick like that.

Old 07-13-2008, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post
I think they should have been arrested for assualt personally but then they would have decided they were martyrs for the cause or something sick like that.
Nah, being arrested would be too easy & not enough of a statement. A nice Manolo stilletto in the ass w/an accompanying picture would be MUCH more satisfying!

Last edited by karfar; 07-13-2008 at 06:28 PM.. Reason: wrong designer

Old 07-13-2008, 06:49 PM

3,923 posts, read 3,648,388 times
I am taking this quote from one of colorado native's posts on page 2.
Quote:
It's arrogance to think you understand the motivations of others who you so clearly don't wish to understand.
This sentiment was conveyed by a fellow supporter of the homosexual's right to marry. And I think it is an excellent remark. I bring it up here because it seems that is exactly what you are trying to do here norcalmom101.
Quote:
See my new thread on homosexuality of homophobes. We may be dealing with the most extreme of those repressing their own homosexuality, or that of their spouse, which explains their vehement irrationality. It's really very sad.
You are suggesting that the reason these people reject the idea of gay marriage is because secretly they are gay themselves or are suffering from a bad experience involving gay people thus they are acting irrationally. That is a such a bold faced generalization that I had to say something. There are people all over who have feelings just like you and me and their feelings lead them to think that gay marriage is wrong. And the majority of these people who do think it is wrong don't act as those spitting idiots did. They still respect the rights of people to do as they please. But that doesn't mean they have to feel that it is right. What is right is to leave people alone to do as they will, and keep your personal feelings just that. Personal. And there is nothing irrational about feeling like that. It is our nature to have our own thoughts and feelings. Oh, and one other thing. There is also this thing called repressed heterosexuality, which occurs when gay people realize they are really straight. The pendulum swings in both directions folks, that is just the nature of life.

Old 07-13-2008, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reads2MUCH View Post
Oh, and one other thing. There is also this thing called repressed heterosexuality, which occurs when gay people realize they are really straight. .
Aw Reads, I think you know as well as I do that, due to the nature of our society & how vicious it can be, most people would rather keep their homosexuality closed up than let people know about it. It takes a very brave person to come to terms w/it & let others know. I personally don't know of ANYONE who is homosexual & then "became" heterosexual. Me thinks if that were the case, the person truly is a homosexual but because of pressures on them, they denied it & choose to live as a heterosexual to avoid persecution.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies