Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-11-2008, 10:18 AM

3,326 posts, read 5,340,701 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnestorr View Post
I have just seen on CNN that that idiotic Georgia president is running for cover now. This guy is freaking stupid...he spent his entire time in the office listening to the Western powers and none of the Western powers is doing anything at this moment. My guess is that they gonna kill this bastard just to send a strong message to those other former soviet republics

He has to run its over I imagine he will leave the country .

Bush and Cheney have a hard time realizing that our military isnt cloned like the movies and when you are in 2 countries bogged down its not the best thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2008, 10:19 AM

658 posts, read 831,083 times
If the powers that be decide that the USA exists to spread freedom anywhere it deems suitable, then Georgia is a defacto ally. If not, then we keep our noses out of countries that do not ask for our help, and Georgia is not our ally.

Does someone have a link to document Georgia's request for American help in this war?

Old 08-11-2008, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViewFromThePeak View Post
The russians use nothing other than ak variants, as its the most reliable gun in the world.

They use 74's nowadays due to its lighter rounds, but the ak and its variants are consistently the top rated assault rifle in the world and would never be retired by a world class power.

Our weapons jam in sand storms ,etc they require constant cleaning .

From what I understand AK47 doesnt and packs a mother of a punch. I never fired one have only seem them.

Granted range is not as far as ours but it seems those that have option prefer it .

Old 08-11-2008, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesandveybe View Post
If the powers that be decide that the USA exists to spread freedom anywhere it deems suitable, then Georgia is a defacto ally. If not, then we keep our noses out of countries that do not ask for our help, and Georgia is not our ally.

Does someone have a link to document Georgia's request for American help in this war?

I agree but we dont have the man power thats what some dont grasp.

Russia makes a fast "kill" or fails as their stuff is junk most barely works.

Even if we wanted as of today they own GA . A few pockets will fight but they are on borrowed time .

American generals be it Powell, etc warned Bush over and over about being bogged in 2 countries for yrs it fell on deaf ears .

Old 08-11-2008, 10:27 AM

19,567 posts, read 21,870,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luiso View Post
Okay I saw lots AK47 overseas thought they still used it but your right I have heard the name AK74 though never saw one (not that I know of)

AK47 is popular in Iraq and Afghanistan . Imagine they still make it .
The Soviets fell in love with the idea of lightweight calibers just like western nations have....I owned a civilian version of both the AK47 and the AK74 and liked the 74 more,much more accurate.

Off topic I know.

Old 08-11-2008, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewToCA View Post
I like Kagan's comment about Saakashvili:

Saakashvili...truly monumental mistake was to be president of a small, mostly democratic and adamantly pro-Western nation on the border of Putin's Russia.
Probably his mistake was to trust the west....history shows that can lead to disaster.

Old 08-11-2008, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesandveybe View Post

Georgia HAS asked for help I believe....

Old 08-11-2008, 10:30 AM

1,774 posts, read 2,809,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
Probably his mistake was to trust the west....history shows that can lead to disaster.
Ohh yeah....just like Chalabi when he trusted the USA to make him the next leader of Iraq

Old 08-11-2008, 10:32 AM

1,774 posts, read 2,809,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
Georgia HAS asked for help I believe....
Who wants to go there and fight with Russia

Old 08-11-2008, 10:34 AM

Why do you immediately think we must send military forces?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies