Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2008, 07:56 PM

5,012 posts, read 7,874,059 times

Advertisements

they used to be a great world culture. They have devolved into one of the most violent, misogynist, backwards, jew/christian hating, fanatical, and suicidal **** ants we've come to associate islam with today. It's too bad they don't get their backwards people together and start contributing something positive to the world like they did many centuries ago with math and the sciences.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2008, 08:01 PM

958 posts, read 2,133,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnulus View Post
I have read books on Islam too, and the Koran. Not all of it but large parts of the Koran.

At one time Sufism was the dominant religious practice in the Muslim world, and indeed is still very common in non-Arab countries, but declined after Westerners colonized and pillaged Islamic countries. The seeds of terrorism were planted by western countries exploiting and humiliating Muslim countries for their own benefit. The decision to create Israel, unilaterally, was just the icing on the cake for many Muslims, after centuries of being dumped on, how would you feel?
Lets face it, You're just another radical America hating lib with a guilt complex that doesn't have the guts to say so. So pardon me while I laugh at you.

Old 09-04-2008, 08:04 PM

42,554 posts, read 86,992,173 times
You left some out. I won't bother with the dates, because I don't have the whole thing ready at hand, copied from a blog, paste-ready.

French and British Christian terrorists use military force to sieze and occupy nearly all territories on earth inhabited by Muslims, and ban under penalty of death their traditional systems of law and order

Racked by their own guilt, European Christian terrorists disown entire Muslim population of Palestine and award the territory to Jews. Jews then proceed to declare that only they are the rightful owners of property in the territory, and subject Muslims to second-class status.

Last edited by jtur88; 09-04-2008 at 08:13 PM..

Old 09-04-2008, 08:54 PM

2,905 posts, read 7,350,665 times
Quote:
Not a week goes by that I don't hear at least one or two people make some kind of bigoted anti-Muslim or anti-Arab statement in real life, off the computer. I'm not a Muslim but I think it's sad that in the US this kind of behavior is acceptable. I blame the right wing of the Republican party, too, because they are the ones feeding this rhetoric.

They always emphasize the middle name of Barak Obama... "Barack Hussein Obama". "McCain not Hussein", etc. It's all incredibly shallow and bigoted. Or they will mock things they don't understand, such as traditional Muslim or Arab dress or customs. It is beyond the pale now days to talk about "watermelon" and "African-American" together, so why do so many people continue to use Muslims and Arabs as the butt of jokes?

I think Republicans should repudiate this behavior if they have any conscience at all. They need to own up to their anti-Muslim rhetoric.
Yes, they do throw his middle name around quite a bit, don't they? It's childish, actually. And who cares what his middle name is? He's obviously NOT Muslim, so what? You would think religious Christians would be rejoicing that they got one from the other side.

If he had a JEWISH name, that would be completely unacceptable. No one did that with Lieberman, did they (I am legitimately asking this question because I don't know the answer, for all I know, some Christian group had a problem with him being Jewish)

It seems acceptable to treat Muslims and Arabs this way at the current time. And many people can't even distinguish between the two groups--even though the highest percentage of Muslims across the world are Asian-Indonesian to be specific, everyone ties the Arab/Muslim thing together.

Old 09-04-2008, 09:17 PM

4,104 posts, read 5,310,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
Americans believe that Atheists are also incapable of harboring any moral sense of right and wrong, but at least, they do not accuse Atheist of trying to kill them, and reply with pre-emptive genocide against that eventuality.
Bingo! Rep for you.

Old 09-04-2008, 09:23 PM

4,104 posts, read 5,310,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
; well, I don't see many people around here standing up & proclaiming against the extremist christians that are hellbent on poking their noses into everyone's business. Yet I don't see anyone complaining about that.
I am a Republican and I find it offensive when extremist Christians poke their nose in everybody's business. This as a formal complaint from a voice on the right. Religion is a personal, and has no place in politics. Pat Roberston and his ilk give the rest of us a bad name.

Old 09-04-2008, 09:31 PM

367 posts, read 1,285,836 times
Based on most of the posts, we have so much hatred towards muslims. No wonder some of them are trying to kill us.

Old 09-04-2008, 11:13 PM

1,573 posts, read 4,064,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by turkeytrot View Post
Lets face it, You're just another radical America hating lib with a guilt complex that doesn't have the guts to say so. So pardon me while I laugh at you.
Hate is something I try hard now days not to cultivate. And guilt is useless. But the things that people do to one another are real. The fact you choose to ignore the suffering of others, even Muslims, doesn't make the pain go away.

I feel bad for you, that you would laugh at me but maybe one day you will change your mind. Life is better when you let go of attachments to fictional countries that only exist on maps and hatreds that only exist in peoples deluded hearts.

Old 09-04-2008, 11:17 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,431,754 times
re prejudice and treatment. just one lil question (ok 2). seeing as how we attacked invaded and occupied iraq, how will i be treated if i immigrate there? how are christians and jews treated as a whole in the mideast. do share with us.

Last edited by Huckleberry3911948; 09-04-2008 at 11:29 PM..

Old 09-05-2008, 12:13 AM

42,554 posts, read 86,992,173 times
Quote:
Hate is something I try hard now days not to cultivate. .
Suddenly, one day, you will just realize that you don't want to do it anymore. You'll feel wonderfully liberated.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies