Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-07-2008, 02:44 PM

42,554 posts, read 87,022,277 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Anyway, I'm talking about 2 things:
1. A Politician (man) carrying on about women and their right to have an abortion. In my belief men have no say in what a woman does with her unborn, whether he is the father or not.
2. Any "law" that says a woman must have the consent of a donor to abort the fetus. She does not and there is not. She doesn't even have to let the man know she is pregnant.
I think these are very good points. When a women agrees to have sex with a man (or vice versa) , it is not assumed that she has agreed to carry the man's baby for 9 months. She would be obliged to do so only if she had, prior to conception, agreed at least verbally to such a contract. Absent such a contract, the woman has a right to dispose of the man's property inside her in any manner that suits her convenience. There is a difference between "having sex" and "depositing sperm", and it is incumbent on the man to recognize the difference, and to either protect his own interests in a timely manner, or surrender his interests to another controlling party.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2008, 03:07 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,480,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomander View Post
Some might say it is the degrading morality of society that is lending itself to these problems.

I would be one of those. To be so politically correct that you that you would have values disappear just to be fair seems like throwing the baby out with the diaper.

If wanting babies not to be aborted has turned bad maybe I should rethink my already dismal idea of what human nature actually is. I personally could never disassociate life with a comparison to food. I just don't think I have it in me.

Old 10-07-2008, 11:19 PM

1,915 posts, read 3,487,893 times
Oh good grief already!

Abortion has nothing to do with what a child COULD turn out to be or not. Mot of the discussions surrounding abortion have to do with the "reason" that the pregnancy is terminated .

Personal responsibility is not a phrase liberals tend to use. It's everyone elses fault and someone has to pay for it...whether it be through an innocent fetus getting the shaft or people who work and make more than $250,000.01 getting taxed to help out those who don't like to work or find every excuse to not better themselves in one way or another.

So of course liberals err on the side of pro-abortion. Be real. Call it what it is. It's pro-abortion. It's not a "choice". There is no choice for those who wouldn't abort. Using the word "choice" is just to make everyone's feelers happy who had one or thinks they want that option open to them should they need it someday.

At the end of the day it's all the same. A baby or a potential baby. However you need to view it so you can sleep at night.

Roe v Wade will never be overturned.

Old 10-08-2008, 05:58 AM

29,939 posts, read 39,480,300 times
One day people will be so politically correct they will not be able to remove the idea that maybe even jumping off a bridge is fair. Let's not discriminate against the bridge.

Old 10-08-2008, 07:35 AM

609 posts, read 1,175,456 times
Quote:
I thought they called that sex? And we are talking about the kid not being born yet but I will elude to that too.

If the woman wants to get an abortion she can do it without the consent of the man. She can also just disappear and claim "whatever" as the reason the man can't see the kid. All she has to do is say the man was beating her. That is all the reason she has to submit.

I just find it funny that some man in Politics can stand up there on a podium and preach about a woman's body. Shouldn't only women be able to do that?

Child support and all that is an entirely different issue.
At first i thought you were making a serious point, and were about to speak about the injustices. btu instead you just reinforced them, by saying a women can claim shes being beat, or that she can just simply 'run away". Obviously look, like many other women, lack a brain and confuse your "rights", which have been force fed to you by feminists and leftist media, with soemthing that jsutifies killing someone, or running away.

Unfortunately for many men and people, its this sort of female thinking which leaves fathers wondering what happened, and if they are ever goign to see their children. And people wonder why people like me have no sympathy what so ever for the "womens struggle" for equal rights.

its garbage liek this that creates the all too well known double standard that feminists love to relish in.

"men and women are equal, but women are special and have "inner strength". Women should be able to ahve all the jobs men can, but we wont fight against anti-male job discrimination. Men are vicious aggressors,a nd poor womena nd childrne are always the victim, no questions asked. men are rapists and women can do no wrong."

It scares me to live in a world with uneducated people like taxpayer who have such a distorted view of reality and what happens to men too.

Old 10-08-2008, 08:03 AM

50,327 posts, read 47,088,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leangk View Post
At first i thought you were making a serious point, and were about to speak about the injustices. btu instead you just reinforced them, by saying a women can claim shes being beat, or that she can just simply 'run away". Obviously look, like many other women, lack a brain and confuse your "rights", which have been force fed to you by feminists and leftist media, with soemthing that jsutifies killing someone, or running away.

Unfortunately for many men and people, its this sort of female thinking which leaves fathers wondering what happened, and if they are ever goign to see their children. And people wonder why people like me have no sympathy what so ever for the "womens struggle" for equal rights.

its garbage liek this that creates the all too well known double standard that feminists love to relish in.

"men and women are equal, but women are special and have "inner strength". Women should be able to ahve all the jobs men can, but we wont fight against anti-male job discrimination. Men are vicious aggressors,a nd poor womena nd childrne are always the victim, no questions asked. men are rapists and women can do no wrong."

It scares me to live in a world with uneducated people like taxpayer who have such a distorted view of reality and what happens to men too.
Distorted? There is reality and there is fantasy - you pick. It doesn't mean it's right, it means it is.

Do I agree with the way laws are written? No Do I like the fact that most cases are geared against men? No
Do I agree that a man must pay child support for a child he doesn't want? Well, yes and no. I think it should be an agreement not solely that the woman wants the child but both must agree.
I think that if a woman wants the kid and the father doesn't then the woman shouldn't be able to chase the man down for huge sums of support only a small percentage. Look at pro football players that get entrapped all the time and they are all on the hook for 18 years. I think that is rediculous. A good friend of mine lives with his Mother (he's 45) and pays child support to his ex while she lives in their old house with a live in boyfriend. She won't get married because she knows the gravy train will stop. I think this is preposterous.
I also think that child protection agencies and courts play a role in our society but their boundaries are way over extended and the man will usually get screwed.

But back on track, the woman doesn't have to tell the man she is pregnant and can abort it if she wants. I do agree with that. If the guy wants a kid that bad he can adopt.

Old 10-08-2008, 08:09 AM

194 posts, read 362,143 times
Quote:
I think that if a woman wants the kid and the father doesn't then the woman shouldn't be able to chase the man down for huge sums of support only a small percentage. Look at pro football players that get entrapped all the time and they are all on the hook for 18 years. I think that is rediculous. A good friend of mine lives with his Mother (he's 45) and pays child support to his ex while she lives in their old house with a live in boyfriend. She won't get married because she knows the gravy train will stop. I think this is preposterous.
But back on track, the woman doesn't have to tell the man she is pregnant and can abort it if she wants. I do agree with that. If the guy wants a kid that bad he can adopt.
That's like telling a mother who lost her child, "Get over it, just have another one." What if the father wanted THAT child? His OWN child?
Secondly, how can you call a father financially supporting their child a "gravy train?" It's called being responsible!

Old 10-08-2008, 08:18 AM

8,002 posts, read 18,610,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyG View Post
Personal responsibility
Nonexistent nowadays

Old 10-08-2008, 11:19 AM

50,327 posts, read 47,088,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JOJOG View Post
That's like telling a mother who lost her child, "Get over it, just have another one." What if the father wanted THAT child? His OWN child?
Secondly, how can you call a father financially supporting their child a "gravy train?" It's called being responsible!

When the man wanted sex, not a child and the woman has that child and uses the full extent of the law to get the maximum benefits from the Father through the courts. Furthermore, bends the law to her benefit (living with another man but not marrying them because it would cut off support) then it is just that.

A gravy train.

But this thread has been diverted. A Woman still does not have to tell the man she is pregnant nor does she have to have the child. It's that simple.

Old 10-08-2008, 11:27 AM

194 posts, read 362,143 times
Quote:
When the man wanted sex, not a child and the woman has that child and uses the full extent of the law to get the maximum benefits from the Father through the courts. Furthermore, bends the law to her benefit (living with another man but not marrying them because it would cut off support) then it is just that.

A gravy train.

But this thread has been diverted. A Woman still does not have to tell the man she is pregnant nor does she have to have the child. It's that simple.
Men should be more careful about where their sperm lands. It's a biological reality that sex can lead to a child and one is taking a chance every time they partake in sex. If a child is concieved, then those responsible for creating that child should be responsible for caring for that child. Why should only one of those responsible for making a baby be forced to take care of him/her solely? Even if the woman gets remarried, the dad is still the dad and should have to continue to pay for that child until he/she is 18.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies