Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2008, 09:56 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,143,658 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous Political Junky View Post
Did Obama?
We already know Biden didnt, he donated 2/10th of 1%. Guess its ok to give to the poor, provided others are doing it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2008, 10:05 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,143,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimimomx3 View Post
She still owes about $1700 in penalties. On top of everything, apparently she didn't pull the correct permits for the spa, infinity edge pool and addition. The property appears to be extremely undervalued. Oligarchy at work.
Nice try but usually contractors pull permits, not home owners.

As for the property value, so now your an appraiser? What should it be, Why? Ohh, your just babbling again..

Old 10-29-2008, 10:27 AM

1,862 posts, read 3,344,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcadca View Post
What the bottom line is what you (not you, just in general) consider "rich". I do not consider $250,000 oh wait it has been changed to $150,000 "rich" at least not where I live.

The McCain's have every right to THEIR money and they DID pay what they were suppose to. It is disturbing to me how many people begrudge others success and just want to get handed OTHER people's money. There are MANY millionaire Democrats if they are so keen on Obama's tax the rich plan let then front the cash.
It's a matter of giving EVERYONE the tax breaks that the "rich" get. They get out of paying taxes because they depend on more than wages, and have all sorts of loopholes. We, the middle-class, support them because of it. Not to mention supporting the poor, and corporations who get "corporate welfare".

We even give tax breaks to corporations who take jobs overseas! And, that's what McCain wants. We should be giving tax breaks to companies who keep the jobs here.

Old 10-29-2008, 10:31 AM

542 posts, read 1,685,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KLDanford View Post
A percentage of income is a percentage of income, period. REGARDLESS of the actual dollar amount. SURE, Cindy probably paid $1.09 mil more than the OP, but THAT'S BECAUSE SHE MADE THAT MUCH MORE AND CAN AFFORD TO.
A smaller amount of money (the 3% more that the OP paid in taxes) may seem insignificant to Cindy McCain, but to normal people it amounts to lot.
lol...you really still believe the OP paid 3% more? The OP doesn't even know what her effective tax rate was, only that she falls into the 28% bracket.

Does anyone read or do their research first?

Old 10-29-2008, 11:01 AM

5,094 posts, read 5,442,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cousinsal View Post
It's a matter of giving EVERYONE the tax breaks that the "rich" get. They get out of paying taxes because they depend on more than wages, and have all sorts of loopholes. We, the middle-class, support them because of it. Not to mention supporting the poor, and corporations who get "corporate welfare".

We even give tax breaks to corporations who take jobs overseas! And, that's what McCain wants. We should be giving tax breaks to companies who keep the jobs here.

Please tell me what tax breaks the "rich" get that others don't? Better yet what do you consider "rich"? I agree that stricter tax laws on corporations is needed BUT I don't think taxing the hell outta corporations is the answer either because that is ALWAYS going to come back on the consumer or workers. If a company is not given incentives to stay here they won't.

Yes give tax breaks to companies that stay here but with Obama's plan he will tax ANYONE that makes over $150,000 that is not rich and will kill small business.

Old 10-29-2008, 11:49 AM

4,507 posts, read 9,066,456 times
Quote:
It amazes me to see people defend the rich, unless they ARE rich themselves. It's mind-boggling.

Do you expect to be rich someday? Is that why you don't relate to the middle-class who don't get all the breaks like the rich? I relate more to my own class, which is middle, and to lower-income people, because I've been there, too.

Maybe it's just where you're from, or how you grew up. But, I've never thought the rich were more worthy than the rest of us to get the tax breaks.
Maybe it is about where you are from, or how you grew up. I grew up low income and now am probably upper middle, but I never have divided people into classes as you have. How I relate to people has NOTHING to do with their income.

I have never considered anyone worthy of something they didn't earn unless it was given to them as a gift....which is very different than a government handout. I'll defend the right for people to keep what they earn, rich or poor, regardless of my current economic situation.

Too bad more folks don't do the same.

Old 10-29-2008, 11:53 AM

1,862 posts, read 3,344,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCyank View Post
Maybe it is about where you are from, or how you grew up. I grew up low income and now am probably upper middle, but I never have divided people into classes as you have. How I relate to people has NOTHING to do with their income.

I have never considered anyone worthy of something they didn't earn unless it was given to them as a gift....which is very different than a government handout. I'll defend the right for people to keep what they earn, rich or poor, regardless of my current economic situation.

Too bad more folks don't do the same.
We're a very classist society, unfortunately, but we try to deny it.

Old 10-29-2008, 12:15 PM

4,507 posts, read 9,066,456 times
Quote:
We're a very classist society, unfortunately, but we try to deny it.
Perhaps you are projecting to justify your own classist tendencies but you are not speaking for everyone.

Old 10-29-2008, 01:00 PM

1,555 posts, read 1,979,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcadca View Post
Yes give tax breaks to companies that stay here but with Obama's plan he will tax ANYONE that makes over $150,000 that is not rich and will kill small business.
You are incorrect. Please do not spread your ignorance. it is anyone who makes over "$250,000." Big difference.

Old 10-29-2008, 01:39 PM

2,336 posts, read 7,032,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KLDanford View Post
You are incorrect. Please do not spread your ignorance. it is anyone who makes over "$250,000." Big difference.
Not according to Anvil Joe's latest speech:

BIDEN BLOWS FUZZY TAX MATH - New York Post
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies