Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-25-2008, 12:20 PM

8,577 posts, read 7,852,058 times

Advertisements

I personally think that the government should be taken out of marriage totally. gay and straight. I don't believe in the institution. I don't need the government license to tell me who I can or can't sleep with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiveTodayLez08 View Post
http://*****sunited.blogspot.com/200...gizes-for.html

I was with them until they said, "Christianity for all."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2008, 12:21 PM

10,545 posts, read 13,587,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SurfOmaha View Post
We will protest where ever we need to. Better stay home. You wouldn't want your kids to know that gays exist. Keep telling them about Santa.
I think you have every right to protest as long as it's done peacefully. My point is about how you select who you will protest.

Old 11-25-2008, 12:21 PM

4,049 posts, read 5,032,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise View Post
I don't care if you protest. I am saying that it's not going to happen here for something that happened in california. there isn't some massive gay population here like their is in some cities in california. I will just laugh if I see some people protesting. then if they get in my way, I will tase them.
Tase them for getting in your way? Are you a power hungry cop?

Old 11-25-2008, 12:24 PM

605 posts, read 1,198,895 times
Quote:
I personally think that the government should be taken out of marriage totally. gay and straight. I don't believe in the institution. I don't need the government license to tell me who I can or can't sleep with.
Well only Massachusetts and Connecticut allow gay marriage. California is the spark that made this nationwide. Deal with that.

Old 11-25-2008, 12:26 PM

41,479 posts, read 59,791,864 times
As if there are no gay members of the LDS. Not likely.

Old 11-25-2008, 12:28 PM

if there was a protest in the streets, and I couldn't get through, I would ram them. has nothing to do with being a cop, and I am not a cop. I am also someone who doesn't like people harassing me for something I didn't do. protest in a freaking open field.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LogicIsYourFriend View Post
Tase them for getting in your way? Are you a power hungry cop?

Old 11-25-2008, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
As if there are no gay members of the LDS. Not likely.

There are plenty of gay lds church members. They even protested at that Mormon church in LA.

Good for them.

More protesters please!

More protests!!!

Old 11-25-2008, 12:29 PM

it wasn't a spark, and probably 2% of the nation really cares. I am sure that the protest of 15 people in the town I live in is going to make history. no one cares, deal with that. the election is over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SurfOmaha View Post
Well only Massachusetts and Connecticut allow gay marriage. California is the spark that made this nationwide. Deal with that.

Old 11-25-2008, 01:31 PM

Quote:
it wasn't a spark, and probably 2% of the nation really cares. I am sure that the protest of 15 people in the town I live in is going to make history. no one cares, deal with that. the election is over.

But we are going to continue to fight for our rights. You just don't get it.

Old 11-25-2008, 03:11 PM

328 posts, read 565,931 times
Quote:
You've missed the point or are engaging in a straw-man argument. This has absolutely nothing to do with who you can sleep with. It is exactly about whether our society can continue in the millennia-old opinion that a man and a woman can form a special, protected relationship within the society that is different from other relationships. This special relationship, which forms the basis of society and creates its new members, is called "marriage." It isn't about sex per se, nor is it about love, though most people hope that is there.

Some people want to pretend that marriage is about who loves whom, or who is committed to whom, or something else. The fact is that marriages exist to define, stabilize, and protect male/female bonds that create other humans as part of the larger culture and society. Consenting adults can live together, have sex together, adopt a common name, and legally tie themselves to each other under a variety of contracts. But not all such relationships are "marriages."

It's as if short people (including me) declare that they want to be known as "tall" from this time forward in order to eliminate the discrimination, stigma, and unfairness of their shortness. So they pass a law saying that all adults must be given equal access to the label "tall" as a matter of human rights and dignity, and anyone who opposes there movement is a hater of short people.

Voters in Californian and elsewhere have said that the word "marriage" is going to mean what it has always meant, and that society is going to continue to recognize the reality that protecting and encouraging human reproduction and family organization is a reasonable, justifiable goal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies