Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-28-2018, 06:36 PM

22,974 posts, read 27,023,656 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Open-D View Post
Typical attitude demonstrated by smoker-pigs. The more this sort of abject contempt for the rights of the majority, the heavier the hammer that will fall on their heads. Either respect others, or soon you won't be able to smoke except in a hermetically-sealed special room.
Keep it up, means nothing here, nothing's going to change from all your :crying and no matter how many names you call me or others you're to the ether and rather entertaining at this point.

P.S., I don't smoke anymore, haven't for years so I do find your kind of rabid hate funny as heck though...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2018, 06:39 PM

6,738 posts, read 4,422,356 times
Chances are, you will die before your time. If that was your plan. Its a good one.

Old 09-28-2018, 06:42 PM

4,336 posts, read 1,556,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Keep it up, means nothing here, nothing's going to change from all your :crying and no matter how many names you call me or others you're to the ether and rather entertaining at this point.

P.S., I don't smoke anymore, haven't for years so I do find your kind of rabid hate funny as heck though...
Speaking in general terms to all the smoker-pigs not specifically you. BTW, things ARE changing, and you side is losing. More, much more to come.

Old 09-28-2018, 08:02 PM

31,292 posts, read 20,749,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoosier View Post
Here in Minnesota we have been dealing with a smoking ban on restaurants and bars. The ban was struck down state-wide, except in the counties that surround Minneapolis/St. Paul. Many people are upset that smoking is not allowed in public places. I for one am extremely happy for this because I simply don't like the smell of cigarette smoke and all other types. My wife and kids have severe asthma so that is yet a more important reason for not wanting to be around the smoke.

Many people of course are whining that their rights are being taken away by these bans that have been in place for about a year now. My take on it is what about the rights of nonsmokers? What about the rights of people like my young kids who have asthma and can't go out to restaurants if there is a smoking section? It's a controversy where there are no winners...and everyone loses...like my mother-in-law who died due to smoking.
If you don't like smoking, don't go to places that allow smoking.

Are you so irresponsible that you don't know not to go where you are uncomfortable?

Old 09-28-2018, 08:04 PM

31,292 posts, read 20,749,540 times
Quote:
Speaking in general terms to all the smoker-pigs not specifically you. BTW, things ARE changing, and you side is losing. More, much more to come.
Speaking in general terms to all the anti-smoking pigs, why do you feel the need to tell others how to live their lives?

Old 09-28-2018, 09:48 PM

4,336 posts, read 1,556,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
If you don't like smoking, don't go to places that allow smoking.

Are you so irresponsible that you don't know not to go where you are uncomfortable?
Its not the responsibility of the non-offending majority to avoid the offender, but quite the opposite.

Your right to swing your fist ends at the other fellows nose. Same with smoker-pigs and their tobacco pollution.

"Get it", or get hammered even harder as society fights back against the smoker-pigs.

Old 09-28-2018, 10:20 PM

8,505 posts, read 4,750,085 times
I accept so many things that smoking is one of the least of my feels. I won't say you're wrong, but there's some greater issues out there I'd rather hang my hat on than this.

Old 09-28-2018, 10:31 PM

1,037 posts, read 435,730 times
Shimp v. New Jersey Bell 145 NJ Super 516, I even remember the citation. Had to deal with second hand smoke in the workplace, so did a little research. Second hand smoke is a Class A Carcinogen.

It makes me sick to breathe.

Old 09-28-2018, 10:34 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,608,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
Speaking in general terms to all the anti-smoking pigs, why do you feel the need to tell others how to live their lives?
Well, majority of the people I know fully support the tough laws on prescription opioid drugs, they have no problem with the DEA/Govt cracking down on doctors, pharma companies, etc. to the point where the people that truly need these drugs have trouble getting them legitimately. When you look at the statistics, deaths and ER visits due to opioids were rising, but it was NOWHERE even close to tobacco or alcohol numbers

None of these people seemed concerned about the pharma companies and the revenue they would loose from opioids being so heavily restricted, or being angered and outraged that govt was coming between patients and doctors in this intrusive way.

People accepted the prescription drug laws because they believed it was the best thing to do for health and safety, people go on and on about the evil pharma companies, how they lied about these drugs for so long, and how extremely dangerous they were...but they have no problems with cigarettes being sold at nearly every gas station, grocery store, pharmacy, etc??!! I dont get it??

Old 09-28-2018, 10:42 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,608,522 times
Quote:
Its not the responsibility of the non-offending majority to avoid the offender, but quite the opposite.

Your right to swing your fist ends at the other fellows nose. Same with smoker-pigs and their tobacco pollution.

"Get it", or get hammered even harder as society fights back against the smoker-pigs.
Maybe if more people started being more vocal to politicians in their area (as well as DEA and ATF), nicotine is a drug...maybe they would impose tough regulations on tobacco...hey, it seemed to work perfectly when they wanted to restrict opioid prescription drugs, no reason why the same thing wouldnt work for tobacco!

I didnt see anyone calling the DEA out for creating the tough prescription drug laws, heck, most people fully support it and some even think they didnt go far enough!! No one was asking why Govt tried to control a substance or come between patients and doctors...they were duped by the old health and safety excuse! LOL

I think we can all agree cigarettes are EXTREMELY dangerous, that has been scientifically proven years ago, we are not in the 1950s anymore, its fine to ban where people can smoke, but the best thing for everyones health and safety is to restrict access to cigarettes in general...make them tough to obtain, jut like they did with opioids.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies