Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-17-2018, 02:17 PM

25,756 posts, read 18,818,821 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Open-D View Post
Yes, not to mention all the toxins released from bananas or apples, or from carrying coins around, or blinking your eyes or a million other faux bogey-men you might create in a failed attempt to distract attention from the reality of toxic tobacco!

Today's bogeyman, cell phones. Yes, people are dropping like flies from cell phones - national crisis, so say ChrisC. Yep, it isn't tobacco killing people, its cell phones, like even before theywere invented, they were killing people. Yah, right.
As a "smoker," of course you'd deny the possible health concerns. If you'd dig a bit deeper, you'd find the studies. But, just as with Big Tobacco back in the 60s, Big Cell is doing everything it can to cover it. Can you imagine how much money would be lost if cell phones were banned because they were found to be the health risk they are? There are already warnings about the harmful effects in other countries (you know, those same other countries that are supposed to be so ahead of and better than the Untied States).

http://www.saferphonezone.com/tools/...hone-warnings/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2018, 06:55 PM

4,336 posts, read 1,555,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
As a "smoker," of course you'd deny the possible health concerns. If you'd dig a bit deeper, you'd find the studies. But, just as with Big Tobacco back in the 60s, Big Cell is doing everything it can to cover it. Can you imagine how much money would be lost if cell phones were banned because they were found to be the health risk they are? There are already warnings about the harmful effects in other countries (you know, those same other countries that are supposed to be so ahead of and better than the Untied States).

Cell Phone Radiation Warnings « Safer Phone Zone

Don't forget Chemtrails, too, (as long as your digging up old bogeymen).

Old 09-17-2018, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
And yet they're still legal. Point,set, match. I don't like 'em either btw, just as I don't like alcohol but I don't try to inflict my issues on others.
Nobody (except you and your Red Herring) are talking about making them illegal. Just minor restrictions on where their effluent can be spewed. Simple, common-sense rules that respect the rights or non-addicts who don't want to assaulted with tobacco-filth spewed with utter disregard by the filthiest dung-heaps among us (that would be smokers, in case you're still in denial).

Old 09-17-2018, 07:03 PM

25,756 posts, read 18,818,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Open-D View Post
Don't forget Chemtrails, too, (as long as your digging up old bogeymen).
Call Motorola up and ask why the warning then. They don't want a lawsuit any more than RJ Reynolds does.

Like I said, you are a 21st century "smoker" with a bad case of red herring's disease. No corporation has willingly warned the public about potential ill effects of chemtrails. Cell phone manufacturers have warned users about potentially ill effects of cell phones.

Old 09-17-2018, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Call Motorola up and ask why the warning then. They don't want a lawsuit any more than RJ Reynolds does.

Like I said, you are a 21st century "smoker" with a bad case of red herring's disease. No corporation has willingly warned the public about potential ill effects of chemtrails. Cell phone manufacturers have warned users about potentially ill effects of cell phones.
In my experience, facts are rarely, if ever, "as you said". Usually the exact opposite.

Old 09-17-2018, 09:48 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,603,511 times
Quote:

Cell Phone Radiation Warnings « Safer Phone Zone
Its very possible, its exactly what happened with cigarettes decades ago, some doctors were even promoting smoking as being healthy thing to do! Today, its cell phones, no one really takes the possible risks seriously, due to how popular they are, (just like smoking was years ago), it was too popular for people to start heeding the warning signs.

Just like people today look back to those years and ask how it was possible cigarettes were not seen as dangerous...well, in the decades to come, cell phones or something else that we use every day, may turn out the same way, people in the future will asking how it was possible no one saw the risk in those days!

Theres actually a number of products from the past that fit into this category (popular at one time, but no one thought them to be dangerous until many years later), if history is any indicator, there is probably alot of products being used right now that will eventually found to be dangerous.

Old 09-17-2018, 09:55 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,603,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
And yet they're still legal. Point,set, match. I don't like 'em either btw, just as I don't like alcohol but I don't try to inflict my issues on others.
Govt went after opioid prescription drugs back in 2012, due to the dangers of them becoming more apparent...the first thing they did was target ACCESS to these drugs...,make them much tougher or near impossible to obtain legally, its why hardly any doctors will write scripts for them today, its just too risky for them.

The opioid prescription restrictions are actually a good example of money NOT being a factor too, I imagine the pharma companies, doctors, etc were making a KILLING when OXY and other drugs were flying off the shelves, but that didnt stop Govt from throwing a wrench into the works, if it was really about the money, they could have slapped a sin tax on opioids and let them be sold as they have been...but they didnt, they chose the path of LESS profit!

Look at all the studies they use to support keeping marijuana illegal, its mostly due to health concerns from smoking the stuff!!!...and yet cigarettes go on being sold just like they always have been, WTF?? LOL

Old 09-18-2018, 06:29 AM

Quote:

You are slow on the pickup, aren't you. Hint: There isn't any such thing as Chemtrails, anymore than there is a danger from cell phone "radiation".

Old 09-18-2018, 07:59 AM

417 posts, read 191,037 times
Smoking is not illegal.

However, until they can figure a way for the obnoxious cigarette stink not to waft thru the air effecting other people, please wait till you get outside to smoke.

Old 09-18-2018, 08:03 AM

45,227 posts, read 26,450,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by addakisson View Post
Smoking is not illegal.

However, until they can figure a way for the obnoxious cigarette stink not to waft thru the air effecting other people, please wait till you get outside to smoke.
Just patronize businesses that dont allow it. Problem solved.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies