Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2008, 06:18 PM

3,353 posts, read 4,966,793 times

Advertisements

You're right except in this case they had in an actual witch doctor! Aside from her regular pastor. The poster who mentioned that wasn't trying to insult - this actually was the case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roberta View Post
I didn't vote for S Palin, as I don't consider her ready for a vp position. I also don't hate her. Hate is poisonious. I am familiar with the "charismatic religion", she was a member of, and the ministers do not call themselves "witch doctors." They believe in praying for the healing of those who need it. They are very vocal, and emotional in their worship services. I am not, nor would I be a member of that religion, but do not judge them for their beliefs, or accuse them of using "witch doctors", which would be completely wrong. In fact, that religion is very similar to the one Obama went to--The United Church of Christ. I don't judge him for going there either, or refer to the Rev Wright as a "witch doctor". He, and the Rev at Pain's church are very much alike.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2008, 07:13 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,153,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donn2390 View Post
I think you are investing a little too much of yourself, into this election.. your statement says you are way overboard on how you think about an election.
We hopefully have elected the best man who will do an outstanding job of getting our country back on it's feet.
I'm a Republican who voted for McCain, but Obama won, so I hope he can make the country whole again. I will be happy to say I was wrong, if he can fix all of our problems... I hope to God he does well..
Your attitude is one of hate and revenge. That is not a healthy attitude, either for the good of our country, or for your mental health. Spending your time hating and laughing with glee, at people who don't share your ideas... You have issues that need work....
You must have an unhappy life to find enjoyment in degrading the party that lost the election. As you can see by looking at the democratic party, they have forgotten all of the ill will of the election, and are moving forward and working together.
Even Mc Cain and Obama are buds now... It's a game to them, the game is over, they are getting along well, and I'm sure they will continue to work together... Isn't that good enough for you...?
What does that say about your attitude...? a bitter, hateful, sad, lonely, person...? Be a bigger person.... Give up the hate...
Why do you repubs always equate criticism with hate? Is hate that much a part of your life that everything revolves around it???

You say, ""You must have an unhappy life to find enjoyment in degrading the party that lost the election.""

The Republicans degraded themselves especially by using Palin as a candidate.....and that fact doesn't have any thing to do with whether the poster has a happy or unhappy life. You are stretching, imagining, projecting, making believe, and weaving fairy tales.

Now, cross your heart and swear that if McCain and the wacko had won NO repub would be doing the happy dance.....

Chipmunk, get off the coke!

Old 11-23-2008, 07:15 PM

43,854 posts, read 51,193,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Why do you repubs always equate criticism with hate?

Is your last statement equated with criticism or hate?

Old 11-23-2008, 07:16 PM

5,068 posts, read 10,133,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Why do you repubs always equate criticism with hate? Is hate that much a part of your life that everything revolves around it???

Quote:
Now, cross your heart and swear that if McCain and the wacko had won NO repub would be doing the happy dance.....

Old 11-23-2008, 08:25 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,153,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post
Is your last statement equated with criticism or hate?
Criticism...or do you equate chipmunks with hate!!????????

Do YOU have a problem telling the difference??

Old 11-24-2008, 09:10 AM

1,417 posts, read 2,181,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise View Post
hasn't the "woman's movement" been over for a long time? get over the abortion argument. it's never going to be outlawed. that's a lame argument.
Obviously from this entire thread debating nothing but Palin's looks and wardrobe - the "women's movement" is NOT over. Are you saying the only thing men and women care about women's rights is regarding abortion? Sheesh! I'm done with this.

Old 11-24-2008, 09:25 AM

1,452 posts, read 3,192,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PG77 View Post
I don't think I am a liberal woman. I think of myself as a liberal conservative woman. I do not hate Sarah Palin. She seems like a nice enough person to me. However, as I have said repeatedly, she is not qualified to be VP or President.
That's it in a nutshell..
I concur completely and bet the majority of "liberal women" hold exactly the same view.

If the VP choice had been someone like Kay Bailey Hutchinson I would have been worried for the Obama ticket.

Old 11-24-2008, 07:59 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,779,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahSal View Post
That's it in a nutshell..
I concur completely and bet the majority of "liberal women" hold exactly the same view.

If the VP choice had been someone like Kay Bailey Hutchinson I would have been worried for the Obama ticket.
I agree! There were many qualified Republican women who McCain could have chosen. Some who voted for Obama might then have voted for McC. I might have, depending on circumstances.

Old 11-24-2008, 10:25 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,574,696 times
I am a liberal woman and am very very happy this woman is far far far away from the presidency!

Old 02-06-2009, 07:26 AM

62 posts, read 323,058 times
Their were many liberal women that had wonderful things to say about
Sarah Palin. They were supporters of Hillary. Go back and view any of
the Clinton for president web sites. You would have thought they were
sisters.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies