Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2008, 08:41 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,681,792 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
I have access through the University and in searching the library database, I found 25 articles regarding homosexuality and biology from the Library of Congress alone.
Cool! Thanks for that link, Kele. I'll look forward to reading it closely.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2008, 08:43 PM

4,803 posts, read 8,752,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
Don't get all upset, I didn't tell you it is a choice although some people do choose it, I just don't believe anyone is born that way, let me explain, I believe children are all born the same way, but due to environmental factors surrounding that child during development they get confused as to their feelings between a man and woman. There are many variables, which I’m not going into, but maybe you can see where I'm coming from.
Nope, sorry.

The "environmental" hypothesis is so yesterday. (in other words, inaccurate)

Because of the human genome project, we're finding out more and more about how genetics affect human biology--read the Stanford article and weep.

Aside to AUM--it's a good article my friend.

Old 11-24-2008, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
See what I mean?
Fleet, you're incorrigible. I say that with respect.

Old 11-24-2008, 08:49 PM

1,008 posts, read 3,624,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
Because sex is sex, the difference is that it is normal between a man and woman, it is in no way normal for two men or women, it's really easy to understand.
So a person who was born left handed is not normal? Only the normal people use their right hand? Just like the normal people are born straigh and been born gay is not normal? See where I am getting.

Old 11-24-2008, 08:50 PM

24,511 posts, read 33,325,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Fleet, you're incorrigible. I say that with respect.
The same can be said about many homosexuals.

Old 11-24-2008, 08:51 PM

1,008 posts, read 3,624,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
Grab a pencil.....

From Stanford University:

Biological basis of sexual orientation

There are a great number of scientific articles which elaborate on and explore the hypothesis of biological basis for homosexuality. Unfortunately, most of them are located on scholarly databases such as Jstor, and unless you have access to these databases, you cannot get to the articles. I have access through the University and in searching the library database, I found 25 articles regarding homosexuality and biology from the Library of Congress alone.

Apparently, you're one of the last people walking still holding on to the notion that homosexuality is a choice. Who in their right minds would choose the stigmatization and/or denigration that comes along with that particular "life choice"?
Thanks for getting this great research info out there. Now if some capable minds can only read and try to understand. Oh well.

Old 11-24-2008, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
The same can be said about many homosexuals.
Yes it can. The definition of "normal" sometimes depends on the individual, and even then, the individual may have several definitions of what it considered "normal".

Old 11-24-2008, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyrusjul View Post
Now if some capable minds can only read and try to understand. Oh well.
Yeah, that's always the tricky part, isn't it?

Old 11-25-2008, 12:22 AM

30,360 posts, read 51,964,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyrusjul View Post
Thanks for getting this great research info out there. Now if some capable minds can only read and try to understand. Oh well.
As a reference librarian, I can tell you that some people don't want to hear the truth... just today I tried to present my favorite neo-Nazi patron with some factual literature, and he wouldn't even let me finish my sentence. Oh well, at least we are trying!

Old 11-25-2008, 12:27 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,449,435 times
because they are hedonists (sex and the body is the all in all) 1st and christian (essenes/ascetics, move away from the body at all costs to the spirit) last. these 2 things dont go together, like oil and water.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies