Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-24-2008, 11:50 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,419,437 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
Yes but we have a brain that allows us to reason, I'm evolved more than a monkey, if a person wants to go back to living in trees then be my guest.

Just HOW evolved are we?

How many other animals start wars because "My God's better than your God"?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2008, 12:02 PM

38 posts, read 51,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffreySH View Post
No, actually that's what happens when you're a really creepy, judgmental person.
you didn't read what he was responding to.

Old 11-24-2008, 12:10 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,357,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Just HOW evolved are we?

How many other animals start wars because "My God's better than your God"?
I haven't started any wars, maybe some of us are more evolved than others

Old 11-24-2008, 12:25 PM

68,330 posts, read 54,419,437 times
Quote:
I haven't started any wars, maybe some of us are more evolved than others
I might also ask how many other species kill other creatures not for suatenance but for sport?

Between things like that and the incredible ability of some species to adapt to their environment, things like a bat's echo location and ocean going mammals' sonar location abilities, I'm led to believe that man may not be quite as superior on the evolutionary ladder as he may think.

Old 11-24-2008, 12:35 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,357,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
I might also ask how many other species kill other creatures not for suatenance but for sport?

Between things like that and the incredible ability of some species to adapt to their environment, things like a bat's echo location and ocean going mammals' sonar location abilities, I'm led to believe that man may not be quite as superior on the evolutionary ladder as he may think.
I could agree to that.

Old 11-24-2008, 02:42 PM

4,803 posts, read 8,752,210 times
Quote:
Yes but we have a brain that allows us to reason, I'm evolved more than a monkey, if a person wants to go back to living in trees then be my guest.
Do we?

Your ad hominem attacks on others who are different than you are reminds me of a monkey sitting in a tree throwing poo at all the other monkeys--no reason--you just don't like what they're doing so you choose to smack them with poo.

How is that different than attacking gay people simply because you don't agree with their lifestyle?

Old 11-24-2008, 02:46 PM

4,803 posts, read 8,752,210 times
Quote:
You are not born that way and there is zero proof that you are, I don't care but you need to face the truth and own up to it, stop trying to make people accept your lifes are normal and just get on with your lives.
Zero proof?

Only if you discard science and biology while relying upon rumor and ideology to teach you about llife.

If I didn't have to run off to class, I'd burden you down with so much proof, you'll want to stick a pencil through your eyes to make it stop.

But, never fear. I know where to find you and I'll be back.

Old 11-24-2008, 02:50 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,681,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
Have any of you anti-gay lifestyle folks ever considered that perhaps the ability to love someone of the same sex is merely an evolutionary component of birth control?
Good point.

The human brain is so complicated, and there's so much we still don't know. It seems short-sighted for anyone to condemn homosexuality based on what non-human animals do or don't do, or what their religion tells them, etc.

Old 11-24-2008, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffreySH View Post
Right over your hypocritical head.

Why is it okay for homosexuals to post crap like Kafar posts, but you get all bent out of shape when somebody responds in kind?

Save the drama queen number. If you guys want to spout vitriol, don't cry when somebody returns the favor - even when it's purely for the sake of proving a point.
You didn't respond "in kind". He called someone "overly sheltered" and "Puritan" and you responded with "dung-infested penises" and "oversexualized, AIDS-ravaged".

Old 11-24-2008, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
Oh, P.S. I'm not a homosexual. But I do have a damn fun sex life!
Yeah, it's interesting that many believe that anyone who isn't anti-gay must be gay themselves.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies