Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-24-2008, 08:49 AM

11,466 posts, read 19,357,057 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
Oh, but to the contrary.

We ARE monkeys.

We are of the same family and species as the great apes (of which chimps are one) and we share 97% of our DNA with them. Only a minute 3% makes us different.

Sex is not always about procreation. If you people would get that out of your brains, then maybe you'd stop having more children than the planet can bear.
If you want to compair yourself to primates be my guest, I have a brain that uses logic and common sense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2008, 08:57 AM

10,503 posts, read 15,571,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
If you want to compair yourself to primates be my guest, I have a brain that uses logic and common sense.
If you knew anything about biology & about the primate world you would know that those traits are not unique to humans. Do your research.

Old 11-24-2008, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaBredChicagoan View Post
A) Science is about observation. Homosexuality has been observed in the animal kingdom.

B) Once again, what do you care anyway? No one said you had to be gay, too.
If you wish to use that logic then mabey we should eat our young of we could just say only the strong survive and let the weak perish.

the only reason I do care is that people are trying to say it is normal and make me believe something that is not a normal thing. We are not driven by basic instincts, we have a brain to make logical thoughts.

Old 11-24-2008, 09:01 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,419,437 times
Quote:
the only reason I do care is that people are trying to say it is normal and make me believe something that is not a normal thing. We are not driven by basic instincts, we have a brain to make logical thoughts.

Then please suppy some factual, scientific evidence that sexual orientation is nurture, not nature.

Old 11-24-2008, 09:02 AM

594 posts, read 1,044,584 times
Quote:
If you wish to use that logic then mabey we should eat our young of we could just say only the strong survive and let the weak perish.

No one can MAKE you believe anything. Consequently, I don't understand why you're so defensive.

Old 11-24-2008, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cousinsal View Post
And, who are you to decide what's "normal"? Do you have some special insight telling you that there are only certain members of the human race who are "normal"?

God made us all - I don't think he'd like you to tell some of his creatures that they are not "normal".
I never decided whats normal, never had to think about it for one second, it's right in front of your eyes, all you need to do is open them, like I say, logic and common sense tell us what is normal and abnormal behaivior.

I don't need God to tell me whats normal or not, I was given a brain that works correctly.

Old 11-24-2008, 09:07 AM

695 posts, read 1,377,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
Have any of you anti-gay lifestyle folks ever considered that perhaps the ability to love someone of the same sex is merely an evolutionary component of birth control? We're already squeezing all the life off of the planet by virtue of our inability (or lack of desire) to limit the addition of new humans to the planet. Personally, I think that it's a hypothesis which begs for more research.
By the same token, maybe wars are just an evolutionary tool for birth control!

Old 11-24-2008, 09:14 AM

Quote:
I never decided whats normal, never had to think about it for one second, it's right in front of your eyes, all you need to do is open them, like I say, logic and common sense tell us what is normal and abnormal behaivior.

I don't need God to tell me whats normal or not, I was given a brain that works correctly.

IF you were applying logic and common sense, you'd understand how strong the hetero attraction to the opposite sex is and the impossibility of making the choice to change that. Logic and common sense should tell you it's no different for gay people.

Old 11-24-2008, 09:14 AM

7,331 posts, read 15,393,049 times
Quote:
Nope. Once again, science is observational. People say homosexuality isn't natural? Science debunks that. I don't think anyone's saying eating our young isn't natural. That's not an issue.

Quote:
I know scores of people that are against homosexuality for no other reason but that it "doesn't seem right". No real reason. Just a feeling. That's instinct.

Furthermore, use your logic to see that no one can make you believe anything, nor should they try to. Believe what you will.

Old 11-24-2008, 09:23 AM

I believe this entire debate is entirely too focused on the physical aspect of sex, whether for pro-creation or pleasure, and ignoring sex as one of the ways love may be expressed.

The heart wants what the heart wants, when you love someone you love them, the sex act is secondary to what's in your hearts and souls.

Last edited by burdell; 11-24-2008 at 09:49 AM.. Reason: spelling
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies