Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2008, 10:25 AM

138 posts, read 196,106 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. REO View Post
My only question is where do u live that a white man cant get a job because there are so many ethnic applicants. Either u can do the job or u cant maybe hiring a minority with less credentials is more lucrative way of saving money instead of paying you the highly qualified white person $2500per mo you pay a less qualified but capable minority $2000per mo.
I don't usually read or link to Horowitz's website, but this article isn't by him. It's an incredibly informative article about the Diversity Industry that every single American should take the time to read:

FrontPage Magazine

Quote:
Inside the "Diversity" Industry By Steve Sailer

VDARE.com | Tuesday, October 03, 2006
In recent years in America, the word "Diversity" has come to be treated with the respect and deference once reserved for Motherhood and Apple Pie. Yet many of the loudest and most celebrated spokespersons for diversity have flagrant financial conflicts of interest. They are clearly promoting affirmative action to line their own pockets. But nobody is supposed to mention it.

Old 12-08-2008, 10:26 AM

425 posts, read 1,093,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
Because, employers can fire white people without repercussions, but not black people. They have to know whether they can fire you or not. They also have a quota, and they will be boycotted if they do not meet their quota of minority hiring. Sometimes, though, they can just look at you, and fill it in themselves with a pencil, and erase if if anybody comes snooping around.
This also gives them plausible deniability. If they fire a minority who leaves it blank, then if they get accused of discrimination, they can say "We didn't even know he was black".

This is the funniest thing I've read on City Data to date!

Old 12-08-2008, 10:27 AM

952 posts, read 3,707,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yayoi View Post
I guess it's the same reason why they ask for your sex if it's not obvious. Women of all races benefit from Affirmative Action too. Besides, I have never seen an application that required me to enter my race. In fact, my current job only required a resume, a cover letter, and references to apply.

I have never seen an application where they don't ask the question. As as far as women and affirmative action goes, I still think it is crap. The best qualified person should get the job.

Old 12-08-2008, 10:28 AM

31,387 posts, read 37,070,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redwine View Post
I have applied for maybe 10 jobs this year and every time the question about my race comes up. Why is that? Really?
How do we know that companies are not using that for what I fear they do?
Can an employer ask about an applicant's race on an application form?

Employers may legitimately need information about their employees or applicants race for affirmative action purposes and/or to track applicant flow. One way to obtain racial information and simultaneously guard against discriminatory selection is for employers to use separate forms or otherwise keep the information about an applicant's race separate from the application. In that way, the employer can capture the information it needs but ensure that it is not used in the selection decision.

Unless the information is for such a legitimate purpose, pre-employment questions about race can suggest that race will be used as a basis for making selection decisions. If the information is used in the selection decision and members of particular racial groups are excluded from employment, the inquiries can constitute evidence of discrimination.

The U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission

Questions and Answers about Race and Color Discrimination in Employment

Old 12-08-2008, 10:37 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,036,241 times
I'm going to make a wild ass guess - Because the Bureau of Labor Statistics or some state agency collects that data for when they report on the composition of the US or state workforce. There is probably a state or federal law that requires it.

They aren't looking to say John Doe is Some Race. They are looking to say, for example, X percent of the retail industry in the state of NY or the US is black, x percent is hispanic, x percent is Asian. In other words, you are just part of some aggregate state or federal government data collecting. It's not about you, personally.

Again, just a guess.

Old 12-08-2008, 10:38 AM

512 posts, read 712,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagKm View Post
I agree, and I believe that all White-Americans should opt out when answering. In any sphere, college admissions, employment, government, schools, etc. the push is to hire anybody but Whites, despite their claims to being EEOC. Diversity is code for "less whites" and if you try substituting the phrase the next time you come across the word Diversity you'll see what I mean. Try it in this context.

Nobody says that a manufacturing plant that is 98% Latino lacks diversity, if that same company had only Whites in those positions...........

we all know what would happen.
Um... I would say that a company that is 98% Latino lacked diversity. It seems like you have a persecution complex. Have you ever been fired for being white? Chances are you just didn't do well at your job.

I opt out of the question, but not because I'm scared of being fired for being white. It's because it is an unconstitutional question, and no one should answer it.

Old 12-08-2008, 10:44 AM

4,494 posts, read 7,484,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redwine View Post
I have applied for maybe 10 jobs this year and every time the question about my race comes up. Why is that? Really?
How do we know that companies are not using that for what I fear they do?

Social engineering...

Tell 'em you're part hispanic, part black or "African", part chinese, part eskimo and so on.

They'll love you for the tax breaks they can reap off of your claim.

I've done it before....

Old 12-08-2008, 10:44 AM

1,862 posts, read 3,344,103 times
I never heard of such a thing.

It's against the law to ask about race, age, marital status, sexual orientation, whether or not you have kids or you're pregnant, etc.

At least that's the way in Massachusetts. These places could get their ass sued for asking any such questions.

Old 12-08-2008, 10:46 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,570,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagKm View Post
That's ridiculous, you are in flat-out denial of the anti-White racist measures that take place, including affirmative action, diversity programs, and all kinds of quotas that the US government and corporations use. Would you expect anyone here at CD to deny that they exist??!!

Most CEO's go along with the Diveristy-stuff, not because it's good for business (it's been proven to be a financial drain), but because to not go-along will invite the anti-White racist shakedown artists and groups.

Why risk a boycott? Why risk the media attention? It's much easier to pass over the more qualified candidate and hire the less qualified minority. We all know how CEO's act, and they will surely put up with immorality and racism against Whites, if it help keep things smooth, quiet and busine$$ as usual.
Quote:
In 2005 African-American men, with a 10.5% unemployment rate, were considerably more likely to be out of work than Hispanic men (5.4%), white men (4.4%), or Asian men (4%).
Unemployment - Race, Gender, And Marital Status

Unemployment trends by race

Oh, I keep forgetting that blacks are lazy and don't want to work. They ALL prefer to receive welfare, and live off of the hard-working non-black taxpayers. That explains why they have a substantially higher percentage of unemployment.

But wait . . . white people aren’t getting hired due to preferential treatment those unqualified blacks receive, who only get jobs through Affirmative Action and quotas.

This is so confusing.

Old 12-08-2008, 10:57 AM

42,554 posts, read 87,022,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yayoi View Post
I guess it's the same reason why they ask for your sex if it's not obvious. .
If anybody thought this was odd, listen to this.

At my college library, there is a desk staffer that I find extremely attractive, probably a student. I have not yet been able to discern if it is a boy or a girl. How do I get him/her to check one of those boxes? (Not that I want to hit on him/her, but the curiosity is killing me. Also of uncertain ethnicity, but I'm not very curous about that, so that box can be left blank.) I could introduce myself, and see if I get a name, but with my luck, its Chris or Pat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies