Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2008, 09:14 AM

16,294 posts, read 28,543,062 times

Advertisements

The EEOC says;
Quote:
Employers may legitimately need information about their employees or applicants race for affirmative action purposes and/or to track applicant flow. One way to obtain racial information and simultaneously guard against discriminatory selection is for employers to use separate forms or otherwise keep the information about an applicant's race separate from the application. In that way, the employer can capture the information it needs but ensure that it is not used in the selection decision.
Race/Color Discrimination (http://www.eeoc.gov/types/race.html - broken link)

Old 12-08-2008, 09:19 AM

12,169 posts, read 17,653,635 times
I thought maybe it was for Affirmative Action reasons.

Old 12-08-2008, 09:42 AM

7,474 posts, read 22,888,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
What utter nonsense! Rather than spewing racism, why not do a little research. Laws have been enacted to prohibit discriminatory hiring practices; not to ensure no blacks will be fired, or that only whites are fired. There are also laws prohibiting discrimination on the basis of age, gender, creed, national origin, disability, veteran status, and in some states, sexual orientation. Your disdain for blacks is astounding, and glaringly illustrates why these laws are necessary.

U.S. Department of Labor - Find It By Topic - Equal Employment Opportunity - Ethnic/National Origin (http://www.dol.gov/dol/topic/discrimination/ethnicdisc.htm - broken link)

OASAM (http://www.dol.gov/oasam/regs/statutes/age_act.htm - broken link)

U.S. Department of Labor - Employment Standards Administration (ESA) - Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP) - Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 (http://www.dol.gov/esa/ofccp/regs/compliance/fs503.htm - broken link)

Furthermore, notwithstanding laws, some blacks are summarily eliminated from consideration for employment by virtue of their ‘ethnic’ names. It’s a furtive (and illegal) practice in many HR departments.

Employers' Replies to Racial Names
At last, a voice of reason..! you won't get far around here by using facts..... People in the forum prefer to spew hate and nonsense...

Old 12-08-2008, 09:49 AM

138 posts, read 196,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donn2390 View Post
At last, a voice of reason..! you won't get far around here by using facts..... People in the forum prefer to spew hate and nonsense...
That's ridiculous, you are in flat-out denial of the anti-White racist measures that take place, including affirmative action, diversity programs, and all kinds of quotas that the US government and corporations use. Would you expect anyone here at CD to deny that they exist??!!

Most CEO's go along with the Diveristy-stuff, not because it's good for business (it's been proven to be a financial drain), but because to not go-along will invite the anti-White racist shakedown artists and groups.

Why risk a boycott? Why risk the media attention? It's much easier to pass over the more qualified candidate and hire the less qualified minority. We all know how CEO's act, and they will surely put up with immorality and racism against Whites, if it help keep things smooth, quiet and busine$$ as usual.

Old 12-08-2008, 09:56 AM

42,554 posts, read 87,022,277 times
Nonsense? OK. At bottom of TV ads, I see disclaimers that appear so quickly, it is impossible to even count the number of lines of text, and certainly impossible to read them without recording the program, setting it on still frame, and viewing it up close on a high resolution screen.

Why is that there? No nonsense, just give me the facts. Why is that there? That is the thrust of this thread: Why are things there? No-nonsense answers only, please. Let me hear the "voice of reason".

Somebody quoted the law: "to track applicant flow." What the hell does that mean, in the context of the ethnicity of the applicant whose flow is being tracked?

And you call it "hate" if somebody questions the usefulness and efficacy of such things. Ny post was not motivated by hate, but by cynical sarcasm at the pretty pass that this most advanced civilization has reached after thousends of years of progressive philosophical enlightnement.

Old 12-08-2008, 10:06 AM

9 posts, read 34,031 times
I have always opted out on that question because I dont want to be judged by my race but by my ability and credentials as well as my work history. I am mixed w/ black and white but my father is from jamaica so I always get the remark that I am not black you are jamaican witch makes no sense I think most of the racism is geared towards african-americans and I think the question can be an obstacle if you let it but your color doesn't mean you are better than the next man. But if you think you didnt get the job because of your race than too bad. Go back to school or find a place that better fits your ethnicity. I love this country

Old 12-08-2008, 10:10 AM

138 posts, read 196,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. REO View Post
I have always opted out on that question because I dont want to be judged by my race but by my ability and credentials as well as my work history.
I agree, and I believe that all White-Americans should opt out when answering. In any sphere, college admissions, employment, government, schools, etc. the push is to hire anybody but Whites, despite their claims to being EEOC. Diversity is code for "less whites" and if you try substituting the phrase the next time you come across the word Diversity you'll see what I mean. Try it in this context.

Nobody says that a manufacturing plant that is 98% Latino lacks diversity, if that same company had only Whites in those positions...........

we all know what would happen.

Old 12-08-2008, 10:14 AM

952 posts, read 3,707,024 times
I asked this question because I find it really interesting how my race has anything to do with weather or not I am qualified for the job. If nothing else they will find out when they see me. I don't really believe in that they do it to find out how many of different races that apply for the position. The question for any other reason then affirmative action is pointless.

Old 12-08-2008, 10:18 AM

9 posts, read 34,031 times
My only question is where do u live that a white man cant get a job because there are so many ethnic applicants. Either u can do the job or u cant maybe hiring a minority with less credentials is more lucrative way of saving money instead of paying you the highly qualified white person $2500per mo you pay a less qualified but capable minority $2000per mo.

Old 12-08-2008, 10:21 AM

3,860 posts, read 8,455,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redwine View Post
I have applied for maybe 10 jobs this year and every time the question about my race comes up. Why is that? Really?
How do we know that companies are not using that for what I fear they do?
I guess it's the same reason why they ask for your sex if it's not obvious. Women of all races benefit from Affirmative Action too. Besides, I have never seen an application that required me to enter my race. In fact, my current job only required a resume, a cover letter, and references to apply.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies