Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2009, 11:23 AM

114 posts, read 120,397 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12GO View Post
As for Exxon, It's a business decision since the global warming liars are running Congress! Act like you agree with them so maybe they won't want to charge your company so much. But the koolaid drinkers of the lying radical nutcases like you (and you were just gulible enough to believe hook line and sinker the lie) can't see the only ones claiming global warming and that something must be done about it are clowns soaking up government money. Now why is that?

Because it's all about power and control of the people. Nevermind the Constitution, run over it in the name of global warming. It will be thru the lies of the enviromentalist that will mislead people to give up the Freedoms of our Constitution and turn us over to the united nimrods (alias united nations). Think it can't happen? Then why is a vehicle license (which in and of it's own is an unConstitutional act of restriction) depend on passing an exhaust emissions check, but if the car doesn't have all the required anti-pollution control devices it was designed with, what comes out the exhaust is not considered and the car is failed? (abnd having serveral racecars pass, actuly even better numbers than new cars, but no way would they have been allowed a license because of no convertors are other bogus anti pollution crap on the engine).

The answer? Because it's all about the money to the sky is falling liars of man made global warming. Look at the billions a year al gore is making selling "Carbon credits" to corporations. It's all just cut down more trees paperwork. What's that? You read that right, it's all about the Paperwork and Dollars. So much for keeping the forest a forest with all that paperwork ! btw, with 13 years of the epa work experience behind me, maybe you should consider my past work vs. the nonsense you hear on the news!
You just strike me as so off the wall illogical as to be beyond belief. Bush and Exxon are crumpling like paper dolls cuz the Dem got a majority in Congress? Car emmission tests (around in many states for decades now, well before global warming was on most of our radar scopes) is some sort of plot to bring down the Constitution? Al Gore sells carbon credits and makes billions doing so? Listen, in all honesty, your perception of reality is so far off the mark that you really shouldn't be thinking yourself capable of sound decision making. No offense, but you need to stop spending so much time at RightWingNutJob.com and try to get more balanced, factual information.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2009, 01:27 AM

3,046 posts, read 6,289,317 times
From a real Climate Scientist that just happens to be the most knowlegible person alive on the topic;

http://www.smallbusinessadvocate.com...sty-5307/popup

Old 01-08-2009, 01:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueButGlad View Post
He's made some stellar appointments. Individuals, for example, who realize that climate change is real, and maybe we should do something about it before our costal cities sink below the ocean. A big change from Bush.
You also posted;
You just strike me as so off the wall illogical as to be beyond belief. Bush and Exxon are crumpling like paper dolls cuz the Dem got a majority in Congress? Car emmission tests (around in many states for decades now, well before global warming was on most of our radar scopes) is some sort of plot to bring down the Constitution? Al Gore sells carbon credits and makes billions doing so? Listen, in all honesty, your perception of reality is so far off the mark that you really shouldn't be thinking yourself capable of sound decision making. No offense, but you need to stop spending so much time at RightWingNutJob.com and try to get more balanced, factual information.

If after listening to the guy in my post above who doesn't get into politics at all, but is the most knowlegeible person alive on the subject doesn't get you to realize that you have accepted a lie hook line and sinker aboutyour position on global warming, then you are the one incapible of reason and realistic thought. 1 question for you; Have you ever been on a Congresional research committee? I've been on serveral. So what again is your excuse for accepting the political bs of the far left global warming nutjobs?

Old 01-08-2009, 04:23 PM

Quote:
If after listening to the guy in my post above who doesn't get into politics at all, but is the most knowlegeible person alive on the subject doesn't get you to realize that you have accepted a lie hook line and sinker aboutyour position on global warming, then you are the one incapible of reason and realistic thought. 1 question for you; Have you ever been on a Congresional research committee? I've been on serveral. So what again is your excuse for accepting the political bs of the far left global warming nutjobs?
I'm not listening to "the far left global warming nutjobs". I'm listening to President Bush, our EPA, Exxon, Johson & Johnson ("a family company"), NASA, and the majority of environmental experts who say this is a real problem. You call these people "far left global warming nutjobs"? Exxon? President Bush? Companies like "jonson and johnson"? I'm not a scientists, but if so many think this is real, I'll go with that (with the understand that science is not perfect, but if most of them believe it, who am I to argue?).

See, I start with no bias on the topic either way, but am willing to accept the generally accepted scientific consesus. If they said they were wrong tomorrow, and that this wasn't real, or wasn't a problem, I would say Great News!, one less problem to deal with. I wish it were not happening, of course. But the consensus from the respected companies and government agencies and science is that this is real. Again, who am I to argue?

Now, here is what you so obviously do. You say, 'I am going to say warming is not real,' and I am going to listen to the small minority in the scientific community who backs what they say. In other words, you start out with the bias that it is not real and then look for anyone to support that. Easy enough to do. You can find support for almost any position. If you believe the govt blew up the world trade center, not al Qaeda, you can find people who will support you, for example. So good luck with that. I understand where you are coming from.

Old 01-08-2009, 04:24 PM

Default Bush History-Bribing the Press & Ditching Warming Evidence 1/8

Today in Bush History, 1/8 ...
War's Innocent Victims, Bribing the Press, & Ditching the Evidence on Warming

A 2005 reminder of war's innocent victims as the US admits to a 500 pound bomb dropped on the wrong house, killing 14 Iraqis.

Also in 2005, blow back when the Bush admin is caught using taxpayer funds to undermine the key democratic value of a free press.

Finally, Bush can't stop warming but he can help those who want to pretend it doesn't exist (2007).

More details, from the 2009 Bush Blunder Calendar ...
1/8 War’s Innocent Victims, Bribing the Press, & Ditching the Evidence on Warming | Poor George’s Almanac

Today's category: Bushisms, Global Warming Denial, Human Rights/Human Wrongs, Iraq, Manipulating Research

Old 01-08-2009, 11:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueButGlad View Post
I'm not listening to "the far left global warming nutjobs". I'm listening to President Bush, our EPA, Exxon, Johson & Johnson ("a family company"), NASA, and the majority of environmental experts who say this is a real problem. You call these people "far left global warming nutjobs"? Exxon? President Bush? Companies like "jonson and johnson"? I'm not a scientists, but if so many think this is real, I'll go with that (with the understand that science is not perfect, but if most of them believe it, who am I to argue?).

See, I start with no bias on the topic either way, but am willing to accept the generally accepted scientific consesus. If they said they were wrong tomorrow, and that this wasn't real, or wasn't a problem, I would say Great News!, one less problem to deal with. I wish it were not happening, of course. But the consensus from the respected companies and government agencies and science is that this is real. Again, who am I to argue?

Now, here is what you so obviously do. You say, 'I am going to say warming is not real,' and I am going to listen to the small minority in the scientific community who backs what they say. In other words, you start out with the bias that it is not real and then look for anyone to support that. Easy enough to do. You can find support for almost any position. If you believe the govt blew up the world trade center, not al Qaeda, you can find people who will support you, for example. So good luck with that. I understand where you are coming from.

Actuly I used to think like the nutjobs that say we are burning up and it's all our fault. But then after meeting a Climate Scientist, and hearing his research results, I considered the source vs. all the political hype. Who day in and day out works in this field gathering the facts? It is the Climate Scientist, not the President, not the al gores of the world. I've since met over a dozen Climate Scientist, and I have yet to hear any of them say that earths temps is not directly related to the Sun blurst. But what do I know? I just listen to the people who actuly work in the field of gathering the real facts.

Old 01-09-2009, 12:15 AM

Quote:
Actuly I used to think like the nutjobs that say we are burning up and it's all our fault. But then after meeting a Climate Scientist, and hearing his research results, I considered the source vs. all the political hype. Who day in and day out works in this field gathering the facts? It is the Climate Scientist, not the President, not the al gores of the world. I've since met over a dozen Climate Scientist, and I have yet to hear any of them say that earths temps is not directly related to the Sun blurst. But what do I know? I just listen to the people who actuly work in the field of gathering the real facts.
Yes, the scientists you happen to meet at rightWingNutFest are all in agreement. Well, there's a surprise.

Why does the oil-soaked, long time in denial, Bush admin say man-made global warming is real if there all these scientists that they could point to who say othersize? Could it be that they have access to a lot more scientist than the handful you've met, and after looking at all the data from all these scientist (again, many more than you have met) they have to reasonably conclude that man-made global warming is real.

Yes, I know you will come up with some bizare outlandish reason to claim that the Bush admin really believes that it is warming is not real, and they are only pretending otherwise because it gets them free tickets to Sundance or something. Anything than have to admit the truth: the overwhelming consensus is that warming is real. Even the Bushies have finally admitted it. Time to get off the denial bus before you're the last one on board.

Old 01-09-2009, 09:29 AM

Default Bush History-Bush Admin Lies about WMDs, & Bush Inches Away from Warming Denial

Today in Bush History, 1/9 ...
The Bush Admin Lies about WMDs, & Bush Inches Off the Global Warming Denial Bus

The Bush administration flat out lies about WMDs on this date, even while on-the-ground weapons inspectors say they have found nothing (2003).

Also the Bush administration sneaks off the global warming denial bus, finally admitting that green house gases impact climate change (2007). Not that they intend to do anything about that!

More details, from the 2009 Bush Blunder Calendar ...
1/9 Bush Admin Lies about WMDs, & Bush Sneaks Off the Global Warming Denial Bus | Poor George’s Almanac

Today's category: Dishonesty, Global Warming Denial, Ignoring Experts, Iraq

Old 01-09-2009, 11:31 PM

Bluebutgald, If you refuse to acknowlege truthful REAL Science, then you are just playing politics like the looneyleftwingnutjobs.com idiots you want to listen to.
BTW, For your information, the real Climate Scientist I've met were at a Scientist convention, open to all Accredited Scienctist. And there were many form around the world. Funny how all the Climate Scientist all said the same thing, which the UN's handout completely lied about the support of diare global warming by all in attendence. They used the sign up list as if it was proof of all who was in atendence as all in agreement on the subject with the UN's agenda. But it's amazing how many class action lawsuits by Climate Scientist have been filed and not reported over their names being used to promote the UN's politics. Since you want to be brain dead about this subject, I'm done with this bs thread of yours.
Maybe I should start the obama lied thread? There is plenty to fill up more pages than you already have here, and he's not even sworn in yet!

Old 01-10-2009, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Bluebutgald, If you refuse to acknowlege truthful REAL Science, then you are just playing politics like the looneyleftwingnutjobs.com idiots you want to listen to.
BTW, For your information, the real Climate Scientist I've met were at a Scientist convention, open to all Accredited Scienctist. And there were many form around the world. Funny how all the Climate Scientist all said the same thing, which the UN's handout completely lied about the support of diare global warming by all in attendence. They used the sign up list as if it was proof of all who was in atendence as all in agreement on the subject with the UN's agenda. But it's amazing how many class action lawsuits by Climate Scientist have been filed and not reported over their names being used to promote the UN's politics. Since you want to be brain dead about this subject, I'm done with this bs thread of yours.
Maybe I should start the obama lied thread? There is plenty to fill up more pages than you already have here, and he's not even sworn in yet!
Where do you get this stuff? There are climate meetings attended by climate scientists, thousands of them, professionals employed for their climate knowledge by universitys and governments around the world, who overwhelmingly say the science says man-made global waming is really happeneing. You ignore the majority and just focus on the much smaller group who say what you want to hear (much like Bush ignores facts he doesn't want to hear). You can live that way if you choose to, I can't tell you otherwise, but walking around with blinders isn't healthy.

As for an Obama lied thread, I wish you would. As long as it is more accurate, unlike what you post here (emmissions tests subverting the constitution! Please). Genuine Obama lies should be documented. The false 'truths' you specialize in though should not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies