Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2009, 09:27 PM

2,223 posts, read 2,219,750 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof Woof Woof! View Post
I have no idea whatsoever how that woman got on TV.
Same way a lot of people do. She is controversial enough to get people watching. And more people watching means more companies advertising. More people advertising means more money.

Shoot, the Jerry Spring Idiot Parade is a prime example of that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2009, 09:29 PM

2,652 posts, read 8,582,247 times
Come on Mule. Why'd you have to do it? This thread was going on 4 pages with no nonsense, then you had to throw that out there.

Where's the intolerence now? Calling conservatives rightard isn't being tolerant like liberals claim to be.

Old 01-13-2009, 11:41 PM
ZSP

1,765 posts, read 5,120,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunluvver2 View Post
Ann Coulter is the POLAR opposite of Al Franken. Franken is the darling of the left. . . Coulter is the darling of the right.

In a battle of wits, Franken is a BB Gun. Coulter is a .44 Magnum.

GL2
LOL I love your comparison

Old 01-14-2009, 12:43 AM

11,535 posts, read 30,265,438 times
As pointed out earlier in this thread, politics is about entertainment and the bottom line, and as long as Washington politics change periodically the fodder is bountiful. I don't think anyone in Congress can be rightfully accused of being in touch with the real world. if it were we would elect politicians with less rhetoric and more common sense. They would give POTUS the line item veto, ban PAC members from walking the halls of Congress, limit Earmarks, and stop playing to the camera at every opportunity. But I live in the real world, and as sure as I was born, that ain't a gonna happen.

Annie is a lawyer, prolific writer and a woman who loves debate. I don't like her additude and I seriously doubt her ideas represent the views of Conservatives like T. Boone Pickens, Warren Buffet or even Mike Huckabee. The air-head entertianers get paid big bucks to put up with radicals so they can have ten minutes of fame. Whether or not Drudge, O'Reilly, Limbaugh and the pther cable/radio/internet entertainers actually like Annie or her ideas is questionable.

Last edited by linicx; 01-14-2009 at 01:15 AM.. Reason: edit

Old 01-14-2009, 04:03 AM

242 posts, read 735,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by subsound View Post
MSN A-List
Ann Coulter - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Is she spouting an actual position or is it just hate speak against everyone who doesn't agree with her views?

Is her kind of debate the kind of debate we want with people of differing views?
she is an extremist. In her mind she is sacrificing herself in a batle against that which she believes is destoryng america, or whatever.

Problem with extremism, the persons's rigid belief in their values and principals tend to make them opposite of what they intended to be.

It is hard to be that supportive and rigid of your values and principals. Hopefully one day she will wake up and realize how much damage she does to others under the guise of helping others.

Old 01-14-2009, 09:57 AM

11,078 posts, read 15,080,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke9686 View Post
Come on Mule. Why'd you have to do it? This thread was going on 4 pages with no nonsense, then you had to throw that out there.

Where's the intolerence now? Calling conservatives rightard isn't being tolerant like liberals claim to be.

Old 01-14-2009, 11:11 AM

4,714 posts, read 8,461,458 times
Discussing Coulter under a forum titled "Great Debates" means that someone didn't get the point.

Old 01-14-2009, 11:37 AM

2,521 posts, read 2,349,669 times
No matter what your political affiliation may be (I'm a registered Republican who leans Libertarian), Ann Coulter should not be someone you listen to. She is a hateful shrew without a shred of integrity or human decency. She's a racist, a homophobe and simply an evil person who takes pride in being hated. I have never seen a reason for her to be on television when there are so many more compelling and intelligent people who get absolutely no press. Shut her up already!

Old 01-14-2009, 11:39 AM

2,223 posts, read 2,219,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leftydan6 View Post
No matter what your political affiliation may be (I'm a registered Republican who leans Libertarian), Ann Coulter should not be someone you listen to. She is a hateful shrew without a shred of integrity or human decency. She's a racist, a homophobe and simply an evil person who takes pride in being hated. I have never seen a reason for her to be on television when there are so many more compelling and intelligent people who get absolutely no press. Shut her up already!
So basically you're for censorship?

Old 01-14-2009, 11:41 AM

877 posts, read 2,077,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Filet Mignon View Post
So basically you're for censorship?
It's not called "censorship," it's called "the fairness doctrine."

The system is fair in that only liberals get to exercise their free speech. Everyone else has to shut up and do what they're told.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies