Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-14-2009, 03:55 PM

2,223 posts, read 2,218,778 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
Ahhhh... so if you can't understand somebody's point, you just throw out a personal dig. Gotcha. I said IF somebody actually is an evil wench - as people on all sides will agree Coulter is - it isn't the same as being intolerant. I disagree with PLENTY of people (pretty much every neo-con), and do you see me calling them evil on every thread? I disagree with just about everything George W. stands for, but have never called him evil... stupid, yes, but never evil. Sorry if you can't handle reality, but in the case of Ann Coulter, we're only calling a duck a duck.
No, actually I'm calling you on the carpet for just randomly labeling somebody as "evil" because you don't like her.

And while you're at it, you might want to stop calling people stupid - especially in light of the fact that GWB holds degrees from two colleges that you never went to, let alone graduated from. So you calling him stupid is not a reflection in HIS intelligence.

See how easy that works?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2009, 04:14 PM

30,344 posts, read 51,925,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Filet Mignon View Post
No, actually I'm calling you on the carpet for just randomly labeling somebody as "evil" because you don't like her.

And while you're at it, you might want to stop calling people stupid - especially in light of the fact that GWB holds degrees from two colleges that you never went to, let alone graduated from. So you calling him stupid is not a reflection in HIS intelligence.
I have two college degrees as well - BA and Master's - from 3 universities (transferred in the middle). So I have one college on him, LOL. And in my years of college, I discovered that even stupid people can get degrees... all it takes is a LOT of hard work, or a daddy who was president. Anyway, this thread isn't about Georgie, it's about Ann Coulter and how ridiculous she is.

Btw, my "evil" label on her is about as far from random as they get... can you find ONE other thread where I referred to another public figure as evil? You won't be able to, since I don't use that label loosely. She isn't evil in a Saddam Hussein kind of way, but her books are spreading hate and lies - and as a librarian, I find that to be a rather evil act, and one I will not support in my library.

Old 01-14-2009, 04:17 PM

2,223 posts, read 2,218,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
I have two college degrees as well - BA and Master's - from 3 universities (transferred in the middle). So I have one college on him, LOL. And in my years of college, I discovered that even stupid people can get degrees... all it takes is a LOT of hard work, or a daddy who was president. Anyway, this thread isn't about Georgie, it's about Ann Coulter and how ridiculous she is.
Hmmm... The first half of your paragraph was all about your college degrees. Then you said, "I discovered that even stupid people can get degrees..."

So apparently circular arguments work for you?

And maybe what you should do is just man up and apologize for calling Coulter "evil" instead of making excuses for it, or trying to explain away why you weren't really saying she's evil. So you have decided - based on your own opinion - that Coulter is evil. Couldn't somebody come to the same conclusions about you, since that determination now gets made based on personal opinion only?

Old 01-14-2009, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Hmmm... The first half of your paragraph was all about your college degrees. Then you said, "I discovered that even stupid people can get degrees..."

So apparently circular arguments work for you?
Uh, no... I said EVEN stupid people can get degrees, which would logically mean that both intelligent AND stupid people can get them. To refresh your memory, you implied GW was smarter than myself for having two degrees, so I replied that #1 - I have 2 college degrees; and #2 - having a degree doesn't necessarily make one intelligent. I know some very smart people without degrees (like my roommate, who didn't even finish high school, but is smarter than many of my former classmates), and some not-so-smart people with multiple degrees. Hard work and intelligence often go hand in hand, but are not dependent upon each other. Make sense?

Quote:
And maybe what you should do is just man up and apologize for calling Coulter "evil" instead of making excuses for it, or trying to explain away why you weren't really saying she's evil. So you have decided - based on your own opinion - that Coulter is evil. Couldn't somebody come to the same conclusions about you, since that determination now gets made based on personal opinion only?
Well, I'm not a man - so I won't "man up" to anything, LOL. And I won't even "woman up" to calling Ann Coulter evil because she IS evil! I will not apologize for stating that, or even say that it's simply personal opinion... because if that were the case, we wouldn't have multiple threads discussing her evilness and stupidity. Would we??

Alright, I will give you that "evil" might be too harsh of a word, so I'll just call her a devious propaganda machine. Is that better?

Last edited by gizmo980; 01-14-2009 at 05:24 PM..

Old 01-14-2009, 05:12 PM

1,016 posts, read 3,056,275 times
Why don't you guys just PM eachother, geez!

Old 01-14-2009, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabolissa View Post
Why don't you guys just PM eachother, geez!
We already did. But wasn't the original question about our opinions on Ann Coulter? That is precisely what I'm stating, and I'm sorry if it doesn't go along with some other people's views. To reiterate AGAIN, I think she is a hateful evil woman - and if that was really far from the truth, there wouldn't be multiple threads (books, websites, etc) talking about that fact. Oh, and more librarians would be ordering her latest book... her older ones got a lot of orders, but I noticed the recent one is mostly just getting laughs/groans from my colleagues.

Last edited by gizmo980; 01-14-2009 at 05:32 PM..

Old 01-14-2009, 06:01 PM

2,521 posts, read 2,348,611 times
Quote:
I'm going to state this very simply, and very firmly.

You're comment about the Down Syndrome baby that "may or may not be her daughter's first child" is stupid, it is incredibly offensive, and is completely out of line. You should be ashamed of yourself.

And by the way, the Democrats do NOT preach tolerance. They preach tolerance of THEIR ideas, and hatred of others.

The Daily Kos called. They want their lies back...
Give me a break. What my family and I have done for people with disabilities is far beyond anything you could even imagine, so don't give me that "don't say that" BS. Talk about censorship. There were plenty of stories that made it seem as though Palin was lying about that child being hers and not her daughter's. I was just calling it out as it is. I would not be proud of a family with those kinds of issues. There shouldn't even be a question on whether or not a 16 year old gave birth to the child, but taking 6 months off of school in the exact timing of the pregnancy and recovery time while the supposed mother was back to work in 3 days and there are no pictures of Palin being pregnant anywhere on the web...sounds fishy to me.

And you always go to that whole "they teach tolerance of their ideas" BS. No matter how you look at it, accepting people for who they are IS tolerance...hating anyone who is not like you is not. The official positions of equality for all people, regardless of sexual orientation IS tolerance...being against that is intolerant, no matter what your redneck friends say.

Old 01-14-2009, 06:03 PM

7,065 posts, read 3,105,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof Woof Woof! View Post
I have no idea whatsoever how that woman got on TV.
From what I remember she one of the many talking heads (lawyers) on television shows that were discussing the O.J Simpson murders back in 1994. That is where I remember seeing her for the first time.

Old 01-14-2009, 06:03 PM

2,521 posts, read 2,348,611 times
Quote:

See how easy that works?
It's not tough to get into Ivy League schools when your father is the head of the CIA...and you don't flunk out when your father is senator.

Old 01-14-2009, 06:42 PM

2,016 posts, read 5,581,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by muleskinner View Post
Met 'em hell...I MARRIED them unfotunately
My condolences. But I mean if Ann Coulter wrapped those lanky legs around me, she might be a lot happier woman today.

I care less about their beliefs because you know everyone has different backgrounds and upbringings so everyone should have a different set of political beliefs and so be it, it's a democracy.

But I donno what it is nowadays it's like some of 'em past 30 just don't get married and become disgruntled and then they sit at home with their cats all day and then they start to hate men and as we know women hate women already so that makes them hate men and women alike. OUCH!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies