Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do You Think That Obama's Eligibility Issue Has Any Merit?
YES 102 35.92%
NO 182 64.08%
Voters: 284. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2009, 08:38 PM

1,992 posts, read 4,148,118 times

Advertisements

HOnestly, I think enough proof has been provided.

We are just going to have to agree that we disagree.

While it is true that if the records prove he is legit, they would not be fodder for you. However, I think some people who do not want Obama to be president would continue in their quest even after this is provided. Or they would try to find something wrong with the provided records.

Old 02-13-2009, 08:43 PM

4,458 posts, read 4,193,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post
I voted for Obama and I couldn't care less about it. It smacks of desperation and probably a problem with racism that is so deep that these people can't bring themselves to accept the reality of a black president.
I do not think that you know enough about any of us who are disbelievers to be making claims like this. It's false imputation. I do not know you, so I have not attempted to label you in any way, so why do it to me?

Old 02-13-2009, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcgCali View Post
From the Obamaconspiracy site:

He's going to contact him again and ask him if he will put it in writing on Embassy letterhead, and fax it to the site owner. TrueGritt, call yourself and ask the Embassy: 202) 775 - 5200
The Kenyan Ambassador stated that Obama was born in Kenya and then later recanted because he realized how that might hurt Obama. Why would I believe someone from the Indonesian Embassy?

If Obama would simply allow the requested records to be seen, this would end. Why wont he allow them to be seen? If they can help him, I would think a man with his education would see the benefit of that.

Old 02-13-2009, 08:56 PM

Quote:
My suggestsion Mr. Gritt is that you read the constitution AND its defintion of American citizen. Even if Obama was born in another country OR in Hawaii at a time when it was not a state, he is still eligible to be President because his Mother was born in the US and was a Natural born American citizen.

Your grasping at straws smacks of desperation. He is the president, like it or not for the next 4 years that is the reality. Its important to live in the present.

As for your going on about his name, the reality is that it doesn't matter. My daughter could change her name as well, does that mean anything to anyone? She was born out of wedlock and carries my maiden name. She could grow up, reconnect with her Father and decide to use his last name, her name is Diane, she could decide to use Di as her name or the two middle names I gave her for just that purpose.
I think that you need to read the constitution because it is not clear on what exactly a Natural born citizen is.

Going by an phony name in certain situations can get a person in trouble, it is called fraud. If you ever get arrested and they ask you your name, you better give them a real one.

Old 02-13-2009, 08:56 PM

17 posts, read 25,195 times
Quote:
I voted for Obama and I couldn't care less about it. It smacks of desperation and probably a problem with racism that is so deep that these people can't bring themselves to accept the reality of a black president.
Absolutely.

Old 02-13-2009, 08:58 PM

17 posts, read 25,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRUEGRITT View Post
I think that you need to read the constitution because it is not clear on what exactly a Natural born citizen is.

Going by an phony name in certain situations can get a person in trouble, it is called fraud. If you ever get arrested and they ask you your name, you better give them a real one.
And what is the real name? If your parents gave it to you, that doesn't make it your real name-it's the name they put on your birth certificate. You didn't name yourself, so that automatically makes it not real. Not to you. Unless you agree with it.

Old 02-13-2009, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sspsllc View Post
And what is the real name? If your parents gave it to you, that doesn't make it your real name-it's the name they put on your birth certificate. You didn't name yourself, so that automatically makes it not real. Not to you. Unless you agree with it.
What?

Old 02-13-2009, 09:02 PM

1,830 posts, read 5,351,853 times
Quote:
In the case, handled largely by Gary Kreep of the U.S. Justice Foundation, records were subpoenaed documenting Obama's attendance at Occidental College.

The lawyer for the college, Stuart W. Rudnick of Musick, Peeler & Garrett, urgently contacted Fredric D. Woocher of Strumwasser & Woocher.

"This firm is counsel to Occidental College. The College is in receipt of the enclosed subpoena that seeks certain information concerning President-Elect Barack Obama," he wrote via fax. "Inasmuch as the subpoena appears to be valid on its face, the College will have no alternative but to comply with the subpoena absent a court order instructing otherwise."

Within hours, Woocher contacted Kreep regarding the issue, telling him, "It will likely not surprise you to hear that President-elect Obama opposes the production of the requested records.

LINK

Honestly ... why hide this info if there is nothing there that can hurt him?
I just read the actual motion to quash, and your WND account of it is patently false. http://www.obamaconspiracy.org/wp-co...obamaquash.pdf

Please notice the difference in a court document written by competent lawyers, as compared to the mess written by Orly-Kreep.

The jist of the motion is:
1. The defendant was not notified in advance of the serving of the subpoena (which is required in the case of a request for personal records). This makes the subpoena invalid. Just like I told you when you posted the subpoena and I pointed out all its flaws, thankyouverymuch.

2. The student records could have no possible bearing on the case (which dealt with whether the California Secretary of State and the California electors had a duty to verify Obama’s eligibility).

3. The whole thing is moot, since the Secretary of State already certified the election and the electors already voted.

4. There is nothing about anybody sanctioning anybody.

Old 02-13-2009, 09:06 PM

2,260 posts, read 3,882,428 times
I heard the President got caught masturbating while peeping through the keyhole of the girls locker room.

what a pervert

Old 02-13-2009, 09:59 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,810,305 times
Quote:
There was never a question of weather Obama went to Occidental or not. it is under what conditions did he go. Was he registered as an Indonesian or an American is the question.

His school record in Indonesia states his name as Barry Soetoro, his citizenship as Indonesian, and his religion as Islam. Nobody has refuted this document that I am aware of. The AP reported that it was authentic.

I have said over and over again what will satisfy me and most(not all). Allow these records to be seen by any governmental authority like the FBI, CIA, DHS, SCOTUS, Congress, etc.

The "nothing will ever satisfy them" argument is getting old because it is not true.

The only record that has been requested that might be considered provided is the copy of his BC. It is a controversial document because some believe it is a fake and some think it is real. Looking at the original Vault COLB would clear up the controversy.

If these records would prove that he is legit then it would not be fodder would it?
Actually, there have been posts on here from people who don't believe he ever went to Occidental. Ditto Columbia. Some even dispute his degree from Harvard Law. Apparently some (not necessarily, you, TG), think you can become a lawyer w/o going to law school. That may have been the case when Lincoln was a young man, but it's not the case now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies