Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2009, 07:44 PM

4,906 posts, read 6,848,248 times

Advertisements

Will justice be served to the Bush administration?

Details about more than three dozen secret memoranda written by Bush Administration officials now sit atop a chart created by a public interest reporting group. The memos track new details about dozens of secret Bush Administration legal positions on torture, detention and warrantless wiretapping.

Meanwhile, Obama's freshly-confirmed Attorney General Eric Holder told senators that he was open to declassifying White House legal memos if no support for their original classification could be found, signaling a likely showdown with former President George W. Bush over executive privilege.

The Raw Story | Dozens of secret Bush surveillance, executive power memos found; Could be made public
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2009, 08:58 PM

40,050 posts, read 34,607,468 times
Dare we hope he'll be brought to trial? Be still my heart!

Old 02-03-2009, 09:38 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,980,467 times
The US is bound by treaty to investigate and prosecute those who commit torture. High Office is specifically cited as offering no excuse. And Holder has said point blank that Water boarding is torture.

What will it be the Rule of Law or the Rule of Men?............ My money is on the Rule of Men.

We've lost our principles in this country, either that I've discovered at a late age just how corrupt the US really is.

Old 02-03-2009, 09:43 PM

4,906 posts, read 6,848,248 times
I heard on msnbc I believe it was that Roves attorney said that Rove was now going to comply. The headline on the front page of the site said it aswell.

Old 02-04-2009, 06:13 AM

11,078 posts, read 15,082,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred314X View Post
Dare we hope he'll be brought to trial? Be still my heart!

Old 02-04-2009, 06:26 AM

4,655 posts, read 5,070,365 times
Anyone that thinks Bush is a war criminal is living in a fantasy world. No way he'll ever be charged with anything. It would set a horrible precedent where every time the office of the presidency changes the previous administration would be charged for criminal conduct of some sort.

We can only imagine what King Barry will be brought up for trial on in 4 or 8 years. We've already seen the ilk that he's tried to push through for his cabinet. Heck, he's got a tax fraud running the Treasury.

Old 02-04-2009, 07:08 AM

1,843 posts, read 2,371,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdbrich View Post
Anyone that thinks Bush is a war criminal is living in a fantasy world. No way he'll ever be charged with anything. It would set a horrible precedent where every time the office of the presidency changes the previous administration would be charged for criminal conduct of some sort.

We can only imagine what King Barry will be brought up for trial on in 4 or 8 years. We've already seen the ilk that he's tried to push through for his cabinet. Heck, he's got a tax fraud running the Treasury.

I don't know. Nixon was a choirboy compared to these guys, and there's no doubt he'd have been prosecuted had he not recieved a blanket pardon from Gerald Ford.

Old 02-04-2009, 07:13 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,950,814 times
Quote:
Details about more than three dozen secret memoranda written by Bush Administration officials now sit atop a chart created by a public interest reporting group.
Well, well. I wonder how they fell into their hands.

Not too hard to figure out, is it?

The new partisanship obama was talking about - funneling "controversial" documents to the Left-wing kooks, in congress and out.

I do believe I predicted this.

Old 02-04-2009, 07:15 AM

13,186 posts, read 14,980,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdbrich View Post

Didn't the "horrible precedent" part start when the Bush Administration broke the law and tortured? Since when is the POTUS above the law? Or did you mean to say that it's a "horrible precedent" to hold the President accountable for upholding and following our laws?

He either broke the law or he didn't. And either we should follow the Rule of Law or we shouldn't follow the Rule of Law.

I take it you think that even if he broke the law we should let it go?

Old 02-04-2009, 07:22 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,950,814 times
Quote:
He either broke the law or he didn't. And either we should follow the Rule of Law or we shouldn't follow the Rule of Law.
Unless of course there is a democrat in the WH, like Bubba.

HE actually committed perjury under oath - which was verifiable considering he was on tape doing it.

All you have, all you ever have against bush are baseless allegations with no evidence. But still, in your mind, that's all that is required.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies