Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-18-2009, 05:26 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,805,597 times

Advertisements

Hypothetically - If an armed person was threatening my pet in my presence I would have to conclude the person was also threatening me. I would do whatever was necessary to stop the threat.

Considering the situation of wild animals killing for "fun". I have known a couple of humans that killed anything that moved for fun. I even knew one guy that, in 'Nam, killed humans for fun.

Old 12-18-2009, 06:26 AM

3,062 posts, read 7,037,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NicolaRedwood View Post
Animals have equal value as humans. Humans are animals, all species are animals. Humans are not better than other species. Humans don't even have the most advanced language. Humpback whales have a more complex communication system than humans. Neurons which are used for cognitive reasoning have been found in whale brains. But it does not even matter which species is more advanced in cognitive thought processes and abstract thinking, because animals are interesting and lovely beings, no matter what their intelligence level is. Humans are not more precious than non human animals. My dog is my baby and he comes first before anyone else. A mother, adoptive or biological, and in case of my dog I am the adoptive mother, has the right to protect her child all the way to the end, which means she has the right to use deadly force if the perpetrator is threatening and serious about physically hurting her baby. This applies to men as well. Men can be caretakers like mothers, too. My advise to all humans who have animals in their lives is to listen to your gut instincts and your love. Do not listen to what society has dictated to us for hundreds and thousands of years. Do not listen to religion which values humans over animals. Only listen to love. Do the right thing and protect your animals as much as you can, use deadly weapons only if you had no other means to defend your animal or human child, but defend them all the way to the end.
Humans are better than all other species. Your pet is not your child. Where do you get this stuff from?

Old 12-18-2009, 09:10 AM

8,276 posts, read 12,864,651 times
why kill when a good beating would do?

Old 12-18-2009, 09:19 AM

1,773 posts, read 1,267,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles22 View Post
Humans are better than all other species. Your pet is not your child. Where do you get this stuff from?
I love the arrogance of some people, it's so amusing. Humans are no better than other species, we're simply a part of the animal kingdom. And my cat feels like my kid, I don't have kids I have my cat.

Old 12-18-2009, 09:52 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,452,394 times
I have to think about that, me personally no, and i love our pets, there family, and no one believe me will touch our pets. But now i have heard friends say, men and women, no body better ever touch my pet, or i will ---- if they are just saying that to just say it or do they mean it. I have friends who live for there dogs or cats, i mean yes they do have lives, but they make there pets, also be a huge impact on there lives, So i guess it depends who you ask. If someone is going to go around and just kill someone's pet for the heck of it, yeah beat the crap out of the fool. We need to respect human beings as well as the animals, cause they have no voice.

Old 12-18-2009, 09:58 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,452,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
No, but I could kill a pet which threatened my grandchidren.

Pit bull owners please note: I am armed.

I don't own Pit Bulls never have, but for the many people out there who do, and they are just there pets, nothing else involved, this is a tererible thing to say to them. If they are a pet, and fenced in, why would u be armed. All owner's who own Pit Bulls, don't own them for anything else except for the fact that having one is for a Pet and safety as with any other dog. Some abuse Pit Bulls, for there own satisfaction, and it is a big money issue, but for those who merely have them as pets, leave them alone, it is all how a dog is raised, i do have friends who have pit pulls, and they are pets, but affectionate, and loving, just a pet. Go after those who abuse these Pets for there own GRATIFICATION.

Old 12-18-2009, 10:10 AM

8,652 posts, read 17,246,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
I don't own Pit Bulls never have, but for the many people out there who do, and they are just there pets, nothing else involved, this is a tererible thing to say to them. If they are a pet, and fenced in, why would u be armed. All owner's who own Pit Bulls, don't own them for anything else except for the fact that having one is for a Pet and safety as with any other dog. Some abuse Pit Bulls, for there own satisfaction, and it is a big money issue, but for those who merely have them as pets, leave them alone, it is all how a dog is raised, i do have friends who have pit pulls, and they are pets, but affectionate, and loving, just a pet. Go after those who abuse these Pets for there own GRATIFICATION.
pit bull attacks on children - Google Search

Old 12-18-2009, 10:57 AM

3,004 posts, read 3,887,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeeee22895 View Post
I just read a post by somebody who says he could.

I love my cat dearly. I have spent money on her. I would probably spend a lot of money on her if I had to. I understand how people love their pets dearly. I understand how people humanize their pets.

But she is an animal.

A person is a human being.

No animal is worth the life of a human being.

I wonder if there is case law on this. The only place I could imagine something like this being allowed is California or Massachusetts.
I disagree. Surely there are many animals whose lives are more worthy than those of subhumans. Think about a rescue dog as compared to a serial rapist. Hello?

If the boat I'm on capsizes and I can choose between saving my dog or saving some obnoxious Jew hater who was on board, it's going to be a no-brainer.

Old 12-18-2009, 11:04 AM

7,411 posts, read 10,394,952 times
I could never kill somebody who kills my pets but I sure would beat him up

Old 12-18-2009, 11:06 AM

3,004 posts, read 3,887,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper1372 View Post
I am of a similar mind. When I was about 16 years old a neighborhood kid came over to my house during hunting season with his 12 gauge shotgun over his shoulder. He was not a friend of mine...but we rode the school bus together during our younger years. Anyway, my dearly beloved pet cat was sitting near the garage in the sun enjoying the fall air. He aimed the gun at her and asked me "what would you do if I shot your cat". I calmly told him that he'd be next and I'd not rest until the deed was done. He didn't shoot...and I'm not sure if he even would have....but I remember thinking at that moment that regardless of the fact that my cat is an animal....this individual (POS actually) is worth much less than an animal to me and society in general than my cat who was a kind, loving and welcome addition to our planet.

Years later I remember hearing that this neighbor kid had died of a cocaine over dose. I also remember thinking, and I'm not necessarily proud of this, that he finally got what was coming to him....it just took a few years. Karma is a tough thing to deal with when you're in the debit column.

Human life is valuable....but a better statement is that ALL life is valuable. We as humans pass the laws so of course we place more value on human life than all other....geez, go figure :-) I think the sooner we realize that animals in some ways are more intellegent and definately less egotistical than we are and that we can learn something from them....the better off we'll all be in the long run.

Very few if any animals kill anything unless they need to eat it....we humans seem to have a better mastery of "sport" killing. I am NOT against hunting having been one in my younger years. However, the last game animal I shot (~30 years ago) that was laying there alive with eyes still open...well that was the end of my hunting years. I just remember thinking that I was the biggest ass the world has ever seen to that poor wounded animal. It's not like I was starving out in the woods....just shooting/hunting for fun. And yes, before anyone asks, I do eat meat....still working on that one.

Just my two cents worth....
Why should you feel shame for wanting that POS dead? I agree with you -- he got what he deserved and the world is a better place now that he's gone.

People get all caught up in the argument over whether animals are equal to humans, bla bla bla, but that is not the point. The point is that any human who would deliberately hurt or frighten an animal is an evil individual, period. No excuses, no exceptions. Most animals, excluding predators, are defenseless, vulnerable creatures who are capable of feeling pain and a whole range of emotions. How anyone could want to harm them is beyond my understanding.

If you try to hurt my animals, be prepared to die. If you were that close in proximity to my animals, then you were that close in proximity to me, and if no one is watching, then who is to say that you weren't directly threatening ME and that's why you are now dead?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies