Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-18-2009, 12:29 PM

7,138 posts, read 14,643,185 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chattypatty View Post
Why should you feel shame for wanting that POS dead? I agree with you -- he got what he deserved and the world is a better place now that he's gone.

People get all caught up in the argument over whether animals are equal to humans, bla bla bla, but that is not the point. The point is that any human who would deliberately hurt or frighten an animal is an evil individual, period. No excuses, no exceptions. Most animals, excluding predators, are defenseless, vulnerable creatures who are capable of feeling pain and a whole range of emotions. How anyone could want to harm them is beyond my understanding.

If you try to hurt my animals, be prepared to die. If you were that close in proximity to my animals, then you were that close in proximity to me, and if no one is watching, then who is to say that you weren't directly threatening ME and that's why you are now dead?

Ha, ha....excellent post! I would have no problem hurting someone who physically tries to harm my pet(s). But as a previous poster commented, why kill them when it is so much more satisfying to beat them to a pulp! And agree with a sweet animal having far more right to live than the innumerable less-than-human scumbags out there, killing everything in their path, human or not.

I have a red-neck neighbor who is passive aggressive. He came over one day about my cat on his (visually unappealing) lawn. So I just called her in and she came immediately. He had a look of disgust and left. She also likes to get into the bushes and trees that separate the houses. So he goes out and chops them all down. Now I have a less than pleasant view of a semi-busy street! Am just waiting for him to come back over with some wussy complaint about my beloved pet who does no harm to his overgrown and unkempt yard.....grrrrr.

Old 12-18-2009, 12:52 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,673,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston3 View Post
Terriers are actually worse about biting than pits. I agree any dog who attacks me needs to be dead. Even a Chihuahua or toy poodle.

Old 12-18-2009, 01:05 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,452,394 times
Quote:
And so do many other breeds of dogs. I can go online and find this for any breed.

Old 12-18-2009, 01:18 PM

6,762 posts, read 11,633,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
No, but I could kill a pet which threatened my grandchidren.

Pit bull owners please note: I am armed.
Please note, pit bull owners are often armed too.

As for the original question, yes I would kill someone if they were trying to kill my pet and that was the only way to stop them.

Not all human life is worth more than animals. Anyone on my property trying to kill my living property is worthy of lethal force if there are no other options. I would prefer not killing them and instead permenantly disabling them instead. Buckshot to the knee at close range would do the trick.

Old 12-18-2009, 01:26 PM

There is something inherently wrong about using the words "living" and "property" in the same breath.

Old 12-18-2009, 01:29 PM

2,930 posts, read 7,065,382 times
I don't understand why this thread hasn't been closed and erased

A thread about "killing" another human, Unbelievable

Old 12-18-2009, 03:43 PM

6,762 posts, read 11,633,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
There is something inherently wrong about using the words "living" and "property" in the same breath.
No, there isn't. My dog is registered, I am listed as her owner. Legally, she is my property, and in the state of Texas I have the right to use lethal force to protect my property.

Old 12-18-2009, 11:45 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,452,394 times
Quote:
I just went to google myself and put german shepard attacks on children, tons came up, rotts, tons came up, even breeeds you wouldn't think of came up for attacks on children. It is not only Pit Bulls, and yes i know there history, but for the pet owners of these dogs, they are merely that pets. Go to google, and put any breed of dog you can think of and look at what you will see as i just did. I know of a poodle who attacked my daugheter when she was small, a poodle mind you, and this poodle went after her and attacked her she was 4.

Old 12-19-2009, 04:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXboomerang View Post
No, there isn't. My dog is registered, I am listed as her owner. Legally, she is my property, and in the state of Texas I have the right to use lethal force to protect my property.
I understand that--there still seems to be something wrong with the concept of "owning" sentient life. How would you like to be someone's "pet"--to be owned by someone? That's what I mean.

Old 12-19-2009, 04:52 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,391,094 times
I can think of five human lives that are worth more than my dogs'.

And the dogs are part of my family. I'd go to town on anyone who threatened immediate physical harm to any of my family.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies