Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-10-2009, 11:23 AM

4,586 posts, read 5,480,605 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kootr View Post
Democrats are people that like more government. And with more government comes being told what to do by the government. For your information Democrats cater (for the most part) to unintelligent, uneducated, lower-class Americans who cannot think for themselves and need to be told what to do. They oftentimes fight this, but they know they must accept it in return for government assistance and entitlements that comes their way. You may be confused what party you should support...but then again you may be mistaken about being able to think!
Republicans want government to legislate abortion, gay marriage, stem-cell research, arrest and detain without trial, snoop on citizens etc.....They only want government smaller when it comes to their guns(mantoys)..I guess bigger government is good when it suits your ideology.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2009, 11:24 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,833,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
So you think that was the purpose of what Obama is doing lol Well heck you made it sound like you know for a solid fact thats why Obama is doing it like you talked to him and he told you

So basically you are assuming you know why Obama is doing that based on what you think

Cool

What if you are wrong?
I hope that was the plan Obama had in mind when he threw a big meaty bone for the dogs to go fetch. Even if it weren't, and was purely unintentional, it has made for quite a show.

Old 03-10-2009, 11:31 AM

2,549 posts, read 2,723,991 times
EinsteinsGhost originally said

Some of us can think, you know! We don't have to be told everything.

Limbaugh/Palin 2012! [End Quote]

Stranger people have been elected though I'm not buying Palin's "rootsy" approach. What the **** is a "real" American anyway? Ask 100 people and get maybe 63 answers.

How many of you believe that either the GOP or the Dems are out to represent your interests? The more I talk to people, the more I realize that very few are purely conservative or purely liberal. Most fall in the middle. Myself? At the risk of oversimplifying...I see me as fiscally conservative and socially liberal. Yet so much energy is spent on partisan bull****. Limbaugh said this. Olberman said that. Hannity said this. In my opinion, it is energy wasted. I don't believe these people are looking out for me. No. They are looking out for themselves. Decisions are made to get re-elected or to cement one's place in history. Ah yes...here it comes...we are but pawns in the game of life...

I think our overall self serving lifestyles say it all. We support whatever, or whoever, puts more money in our pockets. As someone recently said..."We worship money." Anyway, government has continued to grow regardless of the party in charge. Spending is out of control and soon so will be taxing. Welcome to the 21st century.

Stop foaming at the mouth. All of you!

Old 03-10-2009, 11:34 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,811,485 times
This set of "conservative Republicans" desperately wants little government for the Big Guys and big government for the little guys.

I can only assume they are all Big Guys. Or hope to be Big Guys some day.

Old 03-10-2009, 11:46 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,716,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tank1906 View Post
Republicans want government to legislate abortion, gay marriage, stem-cell research, arrest and detain without trial, snoop on citizens etc.....They only want government smaller when it comes to their guns(mantoys)..I guess bigger government is good when it suits your ideology.
And, they can't identify irony or hypocrisy when it stares them in the face

Old 03-10-2009, 12:25 PM

11,078 posts, read 15,087,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tank1906 View Post
lol!! Can somebody translate please. I don't speak rubbish.
I speak a bit of border "gibberish",but rubbish uses more "Duh??" sounds I think.Out of my realm

Old 03-10-2009, 12:30 PM

1,255 posts, read 3,490,103 times
Keep smiling. You guys are just digging your own graves with this fat, drugged out turd who isn't even a politician in any way. Good luck with that!

Old 03-10-2009, 12:50 PM

9,763 posts, read 10,532,090 times
I'm uneducated and illiterate. I pronounce the word "nuclear" as nuke-you-lar. My base voted for me based on beer drinking. Which party do I belong to?

Old 03-10-2009, 01:34 PM

7,993 posts, read 12,868,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
I'm uneducated and illiterate. I pronounce the word "nuclear" as nuke-you-lar. My base voted for me based on beer drinking. Which party do I belong to?
That is pretty funny! But what about,

I have have a huge ego and little to no government experience. "I think we have 57 states". My base voted for me thinking I would pay their mortgage and their monthy car bill (remember the Florida woman). Which party do I belong to?

Old 03-10-2009, 01:43 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,480,300 times
Quote:
No matter the exact figure, Harrison says Limbaugh's weekly audience eclipses all other nationally syndicated personalities, including conservatives Sean Hannity (13.25 million), Michael Savage (8.25 million) and Laura Ingraham (5.5 million), according to the magazine's "rough projections."
washingtonpost.com

A nonsensical argument....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies