Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-11-2009, 12:04 PM

47 posts, read 95,456 times

Advertisements

I'd just like to put this out there.. you can take it if you want it, if not, send it right back. Obama licks donkey balls.

Spending more money than imaginable for pointless reasons. There is a much more efficient way to stimulate the economy.. if that is really what you want to do. All these "bailouts" so far have been nothing but wastes. Hasn't done a damn thing.

The stock market continues to drop everytime Obama opens his mouth.

Repealing Bush's tax cuts. So he's giving us a tax break, but he's repealing Bush's tax cuts. So........ it's basically a clever way of raising taxes.

This country is heading the way of Western Europe. Bunch of dependent babies who can't wipe their own ass standing in line with their hands out thinking they are entitled to something from the government. Guess what? The government doesn't owe you a damn thing. The government is there to protect us from attack, and should be protecting our freedom and rights. We broke ties with England to get away from the micro-managing way of England. And it has made us the greatest country in the world. Why would people want to go back the way of Western Europe?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2009, 12:16 PM

1,318 posts, read 5,270,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMD004 View Post
I'd just like to put this out there.. you can take it if you want it, if not, send it right back. Obama licks donkey balls.

Spending more money than imaginable for pointless reasons. There is a much more efficient way to stimulate the economy.. if that is really what you want to do. All these "bailouts" so far have been nothing but wastes. Hasn't done a damn thing.

The stock market continues to drop everytime Obama opens his mouth.

Repealing Bush's tax cuts. So he's giving us a tax break, but he's repealing Bush's tax cuts. So........ it's basically a clever way of raising taxes.

This country is heading the way of Western Europe. Bunch of dependent babies who can't wipe their own ass standing in line with their hands out thinking they are entitled to something from the government. Guess what? The government doesn't owe you a damn thing. The government is there to protect us from attack, and should be protecting our freedom and rights. We broke ties with England to get away from the micro-managing way of England. And it has made us the greatest country in the world. Why would people want to go back the way of Western Europe?

Sounds good to me! Meaning I agree with you BTW.

Greenchili

Old 03-11-2009, 12:24 PM

3,977 posts, read 3,659,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Floyd View Post
MaryBeth2 originally said:

I think what you said applies to Rush, but not Obama. Afterall, he is Pres! [End Quote]

Of course Obama is currently in perhaps the most influential position anyone in the free world could be in. I certainly don't think past cocaine use is an issue for him or anyone else. However, were Obama currently addicted to it, or other drugs, that would certainly be an issue. The potential for instability is too great in that position.

I agree with you again, and I am going to add, for him to open the bar at the White House is just asking for trouble. That's my opinion. Usually if a person has a problem, either in the present or past, with drugs, they should stay away from alcohol.

Old 03-11-2009, 01:14 PM

6,790 posts, read 8,195,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryBeth2 View Post
I agree with you again, and I am going to add, for him to open the bar at the White House is just asking for trouble. That's my opinion. Usually if a person has a problem, either in the present or past, with drugs, they should stay away from alcohol.
I disagree, most people who experimented with drugs in their teens and early twenties are perfectly able to have an occasional social drink without issue.

Old 03-11-2009, 02:00 PM

2,549 posts, read 2,721,894 times
detshen originally said:

I disagree, most people who experimented with drugs in their teens and early twenties are perfectly able to have an occasional social drink without issue. [End Quote]

I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy...

But what is this about calling it experimenting? We weren't scientists. We were just trying to have a good time searching for different ways to do that.

Old 03-11-2009, 02:07 PM

Quote:
detshen originally said:

I disagree, most people who experimented with drugs in their teens and early twenties are perfectly able to have an occasional social drink without issue. [End Quote]

But what is this about calling it experimenting? We weren't scientists. We were just trying to have a good time searching for different ways to do that.

haha Telling on yourself now, Mr Floyd

Old 03-11-2009, 02:10 PM

15,154 posts, read 11,618,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryBeth2 View Post

Quote:
I certainly don't think past cocaine use is an issue for him or anyone else
Other than the fact he violated the law..Just like Ted Kennedy...Killed a girl and they Knight him (?)

Old 03-11-2009, 02:13 PM

96 posts, read 104,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vicket View Post
POLITE? FACTS? NO INSULTS? Sorry honey, but that must not have been Rush you were listening to. Check your dial.
And you listened to Rush WHEN?

Old 03-11-2009, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
Other than the fact he violated the law..Just like Ted Kennedy...Killed a girl and they Knight him (?)

Wait, I didnt say that...

Old 03-11-2009, 02:17 PM

6,790 posts, read 8,195,863 times
Quote:
detshen originally said:

Experimenting is trying different things for a purpose, in the case of drugs it's to feel better than normal, or to experience different states of mind. It's much different than becoming addicted and using drugs as a way of life. The vast majority of people who perform these experiments as young people find the results do not work with an adult life and cease using drugs as the President did.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies