Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-18-2009, 12:15 PM

7,993 posts, read 12,863,294 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by plannine View Post
Unless you vote for "The Man in the Moon", you will get the same, no matter which party you vote for (including the Libertarian & the Greens). Some want everything to be black & white, but it's not, but they make a darn good attempt to convince everyone that it is. So as long as any of them think everything as US vs. THEM, everyone is a loser.
I agree. That is reason I never bought into Obama's "CHANGE" message like most. If anything, his "CHANGE" message just told me he was an even bigger liar. He set up some really high expectations, so it makes the fall that much harder.

Old 03-18-2009, 12:17 PM

9,221 posts, read 15,958,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatManDoo View Post
I'm not holding my breath waiting for SNL/The Daily Show/etc to lampoon this.
My guess is you don't even know what happened. Just like 90% of the people in this thread.

Old 03-18-2009, 12:18 PM

4,604 posts, read 8,232,791 times
These guys are just F Cluster Clowns. Next you know they'll be patting each other's butts.

Old 03-18-2009, 12:22 PM

9,763 posts, read 10,528,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsupstate View Post
Unfortunately, it isn't a partisan issue
Oh really? You're joking, right?
Quote:
and we Democrats
Since you're responding to me, I'll take the "we" as including me. I'm not a Democrat.
Quote:
need to be concerned that Obumble will not win the next election.
Obumble? That's cute. You don't get it, do you? Let me try caps: IT'S CHILDISH IDIOCY LIKE THIS THAT TURNS MODERATE INDEPENDENTS LIKE ME AWAY FROM YOU.
Quote:
Moderate Democrats around the country are just as unhappy with Obumble as Republicans.

Myself and most of my friends (who are Dems) as well, are having buyers remorse (though I wrote in Hillary in the general election).

The Obama administration is becoming a joke. He is absolutely accomplishing nothing and driving ever deeper wedges between political, racial, ethnic groups in this country.

Come 2012, we should be concerned.....the moderates and independents that helped get Obumble elected, fell for his lies and promises once.....they won't fall for it again.
Sorry to hear of your remorse. Myself, I give new presidents a chance - all of them - Carter, Reagan, Bush, Clinton, Bush. I gave all of them a chance. Not yet two months, and you're calling him a failure. For Pete's sake, we give new employees at my printing company 90 days to prove themselves.

Oh...if you want to be taken as an adult, with something intelligent to say, drop the "Obumble" nonsense.

Old 03-18-2009, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlottePirateFan View Post
Seemed to work pretty good for the dems this past time.
What worked for the Dems?

Old 03-18-2009, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertjohnson View Post
Dare I say it?
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!! OBAMA IS STUPID !!!
You're missing a few 1111111111111111111's and oneoneone!

Old 03-18-2009, 12:31 PM

10,581 posts, read 9,785,325 times
For eight years, we kept hearing that the President was a complete boob due to his inability to speak publicly in the smooth, well-cultured manner his detractors insisted on.

And a few Presidents before that, we had one who WAS a good public speaker (they even called him The Great Communicator). But we were told for eight years that in his case, he was merely a product of slick marketing and packaging. Mostly by the same detractors.

Most of those detractors are still with us. When are they going to get around to examining the current President? And what will they conclude?

Old 03-18-2009, 12:34 PM

215 posts, read 544,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertjohnson View Post
Dare I say it?
!!! OBAMA IS STUPID !!!
You can say it and yes he certainly is stupid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 03-18-2009, 12:37 PM

5,376 posts, read 5,347,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
For eight years, we kept hearing that the President was a complete boob due to his inability to speak publicly in the smooth, well-cultured manner his detractors insisted on.

And a few Presidents before that, we had one who WAS a good public speaker (they even called him The Great Communicator). But we were told for eight years that in his case, he was merely a product of slick marketing and packaging. Mostly by the same detractors.

Most of those detractors are still with us. When are they going to get around to examining the current President? And what will they conclude?
Nobody is perfect. He has flaws just like everybody else. He doesnt know everything. Nobody does. And yes, I will lay into him the same as I have other administations, but I will give them a chance, to do something, rather then jump on every mistake and flaw from day one. And he has made some mistakes, but what executive hasn't?

But the OP was wrong on the issue presented here. Period. Half truth. Story created without mentioning the facts of the actual event.

It took more then a few verbal goofs by the previous president the earned him his high ranking as a "boob" (your word, not my choice). Mission Accomplished.

Old 03-18-2009, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post

Everything in America is marketed. Politicians, products, careers, personalities, ideas, etc.

Sometimes the strategies work. Sometimes they don't. Some people can act. Others can't. While a successful strategy can help in getting or keeping people on board with an agenda, it's really irrelevant to the nuts and bolts of governing.

That said, crying about someone making a mistake with a teleprompter is the height of pettiness. It's a non-issue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies