Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2009, 09:48 AM

25,100 posts, read 39,269,913 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TristansMommy View Post
Considering the tax code is what it is now I guess you can say then that it IS my way
What I can say is, it appears that you are unwilling to look at alternative ways to simplify the tax code.

Yes - I believe it is safe to say that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2009, 09:54 AM

5,224 posts, read 5,013,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
Nope - I never complained about the percentages the top brackets pay. NEVER. Go ahead - look - look closely - VERY CLOSELY. You will not find ME complaining about the percentages -

You are attributing something to me I did not say nor do.

OBTW - your "whatever" comments? Really funny. Just like a immature little girl who cannot admit she was, and is, wrong.

Little Girl.

Seems to fit you TM
I have a few choice words that fit you even better.. far worse than "little girl".. unfortunately they are against CD rules.. old man

Old 03-27-2009, 09:57 AM

5,979 posts, read 19,901,739 times
[quote=TristansMommy;8043082]They may pay the BULK of the taxes.. but they do not bear the BURDEN.. THAT is the huge difference.. THAT is what people like GD do not get.

quote]

TM, could you please explain the above to me? How can anyone who bears the BULK of something not bear the BURDEN of the same thing? Am I missing something here. My husband and I are tax accountants...perhaps you can enlighten me on something we may have missed on the tax code or at the very least the math logic you used to arrive at this statement?

Old 03-27-2009, 09:57 AM

Quote:
I have a few choice words that fit you even better.. far worse than "little girl".. unfortunately they are against CD rules.. old man
Tell you what TM - I'd rather be this "Old Man", who is aware of what is happening in the real world - than the IMMATURE, little girl, who knows little about the world. Who can be lead around by the ring in her nose - Clearly, you are not knowledgable enough to come out to play with those that are TM.

Keep trying though - some day, you "MIGHT" get there.

Old 03-27-2009, 09:59 AM

Quote:
I have a few choice words that fit you even better..
How about, for once, you admit the TRUTH TM - those comments you attributed to me - were not mine. How about an apology - that YOU made a MISTAKE - that would be the MATURE think to do you know?

Old 03-27-2009, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Tell you what TM - I'd rather be this "Old Man", who is aware of what is happening in the real world - than the IMMATURE, little girl, who knows little about the world. Who can be lead around by the ring in her nose - Clearly, you are not knowledgable enough to come out to play with those that are TM.

Keep trying though - some day, you "MIGHT" get there.

GD.. you are nothing but an old man who is FAR OUT OF TOUCH with the average American..

You know nothing about the world.. and your hypocritical posts ..full of arrogance are evidence of it.

Im' not the first, nor the only to accuse you of being completely out of touch..

YOU OLD MAN.. are an aging dinosaur who THINKS he knows.. thinks he's relavent and quite honestly isn't..

You're better liviing in your little bubble of a desert.. stroking yourself for doing some "nice things" to excuse your abhorrent attitude in all other areas..

Old 03-27-2009, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bibit612 View Post
TM, could you please explain the above to me? How can anyone who bears the BULK of something not bear the BURDEN of the same thing? Am I missing something here. My husband and I are tax accountants...perhaps you can enlighten me on something we may have missed on the tax code or at the very least the math logic you used to arrive at this statement?
She won't - or can't, give you any logical reasoning.

And, TM is unwilling to accept the fact that others may, will disagree with her - and yet, that is OK. She cannot accept criticism in any way - ever notice that?

Old 03-27-2009, 10:10 AM

TM - your personal attacks are duly noted.

I can say one thing though with great assurance.

I know far more about what is happening in the world, than you do now - or ever will.

Now - how about you keeping your personal attacks off the boards? You want to personally attack me - do it with the PM feature.

Old 03-27-2009, 10:12 AM

5,979 posts, read 19,901,739 times
Quote:
She won't - or can't, give you any logical reasoning.

And, TM is unwilling to accept the fact that others may, will disagree with her - and yet, that is OK. She cannot accept criticism in any way - ever notice that?
Sigh...I thought she was beyond the hysteria...

Old 03-27-2009, 10:14 AM

[quote=bibit612;8067196]
Quote:
They may pay the BULK of the taxes.. but they do not bear the BURDEN.. THAT is the huge difference.. THAT is what people like GD do not get.

quote]

Come on. .. you are seriously asking me this question? Seriously..

I know your smart enough to know exactly what I mean.

Let's take the family making $50K... As GD likes to profess $250K isn't much these days to live off of If people think that.. well than what the hell is $50K. People in that bracket are struggling to pay their bills.. rent, mortgag utilities, food clothing etc. Maybe, just maybe they have enough money to 'save" but maybe not.. just look at what saving in America has become.. it's dwindled. At the end of the day, after paying taxes, their healthcare contribution from their paycheck if they are lucky enough to have employer sponsored healthcare.. how much do they really have to save for college or retirement?? Not much.. What sacrafices are they making to meet all their obligations? They may not get to go on vacation as much.. BOTH parents HAVE to work to meet and maintain a "middle income" lifestyle rather than fall into poverty (although middle isn't really meeting middle standards anymore.. as being middle income USED to mean having a retirement plan and savings... and when I was growing up for most of that time my mom's salary was just "extra" spending cash.. NOW DOUBLE income is required for every household just to maintain!!)......the burden is great because maybe that family has to cut their grocery bill , savigns etc because they have some of their money removed from their check.

Now with a family on a $250K income.. their lifestyle is not really affected. They are able to maintain savings, 401K's, pay for healthcare if they had to, have nice cars most likely (and if not, that's okay too) , pay all their bills... while they pay more in tax they are not as burdened and having hard time making ends meet becuase they are paying that tax.

Same can not be said for the middle guy...

I believe that Sanganista.. on another thread on this particular topic..said it much more eloquently then I did. I wish I could find that post to interject it here....

I know what GD is going to say.. 'but but .. $250K isn't that much these days" I tell you something.. at $250K even $100K .. I would be quite fine with the taxes I had to pay because I'd be able to meet all my living expenses and sack some money away. I'd be much more comfortable and meeting my tax obligations wouldn't be so much of a BURDEN as it is right now where I'm currently at in income.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies