Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2009, 11:49 AM

25,100 posts, read 39,273,270 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TristansMommy View Post
.. No I have NOT BEEN to a VA hospital..
Too bad - for it you had been, you might have brought some comfort to some real Americans.

AND, you would see, with your own eyes, the type of healthcare system you are advocating for in the United States.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2009, 11:57 AM

5,224 posts, read 5,014,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
Too bad - for it you had been, you might have brought some comfort to some real Americans.

AND, you would see, with your own eyes, the type of healthcare system you are advocating for in the United States.

When did I ever say I was advocating for a VA system.???

GD.. simply becasue I want a UHC doesn't mean that i want it to be run the same way that whatever gov't things we have running are now.

I've acknowledge the fact that gov't needs to IMPROVE upon the systems in Place if we were to adopt a UHC.. I never said a UHC should run the same way as a Vet's Hospital system or anything even close to that.

Quite honestly.. this thread is nothing but a loop de loop of going back and forth back and forth with no different results. I'm quite honestly tired of "banging my head against the wall" with you on this topic..

It's pointless. Mods. perhaps we can close it...it's been exhausted!

We've covered every angle onthis thread and then some.. and it's quite honestly erroded. I've said what I wanted to say to you and that will be all.

Old 03-27-2009, 01:14 PM

4,344 posts, read 5,800,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TristansMommy View Post

Let's take the family making $50K... As GD likes to profess $250K isn't much these days to live off of If people think that.. well than what the hell is $50K. People in that bracket are struggling to pay their bills.. rent, mortgag utilities, food clothing etc. Maybe, just maybe they have enough money to 'save" but maybe not.. just look at what saving in America has become.. it's dwindled. At the end of the day, after paying taxes, their healthcare contribution from their paycheck if they are lucky enough to have employer sponsored healthcare.. how much do they really have to save for college or retirement?? Not much.. What sacrafices are they making to meet all their obligations? They may not get to go on vacation as much.. BOTH parents HAVE to work to meet and maintain a "middle income" lifestyle rather than fall into poverty (although middle isn't really meeting middle standards anymore.. as being middle income USED to mean having a retirement plan and savings... and when I was growing up for most of that time my mom's salary was just "extra" spending cash.. NOW DOUBLE income is required for every household just to maintain!!)......the burden is great because maybe that family has to cut their grocery bill , savigns etc because they have some of their money removed from their check.
A big part of it is priority, living within your means and no debt. If there is debt, it should be a small fraction of your pay. Many Americans want what they want, when they want it and dont care what they have to do to get it (debt, not saving doing without etc) just to keep up with the Jones's.

Quote:
When did I ever say I was advocating for a VA system.???
TM- Tricare and the VA is a government ran form of "United Healthcare"
ETA: There was an article on military.com earlier this week that was labeled "Injured GI's prefer combat to Bragg Care". Just that headline speaks volumes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies