Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Gay Marriage will be legalized in all States in how many years?
Within 5 18 11.84%
Within 10 21 13.82%
Within 20 34 22.37%
Within 50 12 7.89%
It will take more than 50 years 8 5.26%
It will never be legalized in all states 54 35.53%
It will be made ill-legal in all states 1 0.66%
Other 4 2.63%
Voters: 152. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2009, 01:39 PM

13,608 posts, read 21,399,012 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiveTodayLez08 View Post
No one is asking for churches to recognize same-sex marriage.
I would be the first to say churches shouldn't have to recognize same-sex marriages and they shouldn't have to perform them.
Maybe so,but I just wanted to throw that in when chuches come under attack for being against homosexuality.I recently found out that Catholic churches don't recognize any marriage unless done in a Catholic church.Don't agreee with that but it is their right to do it I guess as long as they don't forcefully impose their will on others.

Old 04-08-2009, 01:39 PM

355 posts, read 447,318 times
Quote:
So I guess you think only those who attend church have good moral values?

Did you not read the latest issue of Times?
Did you not hear the # of people who identify themselves as Christian in America has dropped by 10%?

Turn off the Focus on The Family! It's nothing but lies.
I never wrote that only those who attend church have good moral values.

But one part of being a Christian is being in the house of worship every Sunday.

I can believe the number of people that identify themselves as Christian is declining. When society allows high and mighty judges to legalize homosexual marriage, out-of-wedlock births, terrorists to roam freely, illegal immigrants to milk our system, etc etc etc etc then there isn't a shadow of a doubt that Christian principles are dropping.

Old 04-08-2009, 01:41 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,678,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yikesamillion View Post
We vote in every election and contribute to society in positive producitve ways. Do you?
Yes, I do, but I don't have a holier-than-thou attitude about it. Even if I didn't vote or contribute to society in a positive way (a subjective notion, by the way), that wouldn't take away my rights and my freedoms as an American.

Old 04-08-2009, 01:43 PM

8,998 posts, read 14,791,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
Maybe so,but I just wanted to throw that in when chuches come under attack for being against homosexuality.I recently found out that Catholic churches don't recognize any marriage unless done in a Catholic church.Don't agreee with that but it is their right to do it I guess as long as they don't forcefully impose their will on others.
Churches can be against homosexuality all they want, it won't stop people from being gay.
The state however should be neutral.
There is a reason for the separation of church and state and why the United States of America is not a theocracy.

Someone's religious views should not affect the laws that govern EVERYONE because EVERYONE does not share the same religious views.

Old 04-08-2009, 01:44 PM

1,126 posts, read 4,563,930 times
Personally, I would love to marry a goat. my only problem is that I dont speak BAAAAA . so the Priest won't know if the goat can validate his vows ....What does "I Do" in Goat sound like.......guess i'm **** outta luck. People grow up, no one is going to be marrying animals or children or siblings.

Side note, I plan on getting engaged with in the next year. yes, it will be a fantastic gay wedding.

Old 04-08-2009, 01:46 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,678,403 times
Quote:
I am not a dying breed as you profoundly claimed. There are millions of people that share the exact principles as I described.
One only has to take a look at page 4 of this poll taken last year in California to see the striking contrast in opinion between older people and younger people on the issue of same-sex marriage:

http://www.field.com/fieldpollonline...rs/Rls2268.pdf

In the 65+ group, 36% support same-sex marriage while 55% do not.

In the 18-29 group, 68% support same-sex marriage while 25% do not.

Yes, it's true: Those who oppose same-sex marriage are a dying breed.

Old 04-08-2009, 01:49 PM

8,998 posts, read 14,791,063 times
Quote:
I never wrote that only those who attend church have good moral values.

But one part of being a Christian is being in the house of worship every Sunday.

I can believe the number of people that identify themselves as Christian is declining. When society allows high and mighty judges to legalize homosexual marriage, out-of-wedlock births, terrorists to roam freely, illegal immigrants to milk our system, etc etc etc etc then there isn't a shadow of a doubt that Christian principles are dropping.
How would a Christian handle illegal immigration and terrorism?

I thought murder was a bad thing in the bible. Is the "War on Terror" not murder when innocent Iraqis blood spills upon the ground?

Illegal immigration:
Leviticus 19:33-34: And if a stranger sojourn with thee in your land, ye shall not vex him. But the stranger that dwelleth with you shall be unto you as one born among you, and thou shalt love him as thyself; for ye were strangers in the land of Egypt: I am the LORD your God.
Exodus 22:21: Thou shalt neither vex a stranger, nor oppress him: for ye were strangers in the land of Egypt.
Exodus 23:9: Also thou shalt not oppress a stranger: for ye know the heart of a stranger, seeing ye were strangers in the land of Egypt.
Deuteronomy 10:19: Love ye therefore the stranger: for ye were strangers in the land of Egypt.

How does society "legalize" out of wedlock births?
One thing demographers don't take into account when counting "out of wedlock" births is the birth of children to same-sex couples. Since their parents can't marry...I guess it would be an "out of wedlock" birth.

Old 04-08-2009, 01:58 PM

8,346 posts, read 7,046,395 times
Quote:
.....then there isn't a shadow of a doubt that Christian principles are dropping.
Note: Christianity does not and has never had a monopoly on morality.

Old 04-08-2009, 02:00 PM

13,608 posts, read 21,399,012 times
Quote:
Churches can be against homosexuality all they want, it won't stop people from being gay.
The state however should be neutral.
There is a reason for the separation of church and state and why the United States of America is not a theocracy.

Someone's religious views should not affect the laws that govern EVERYONE because EVERYONE does not share the same religious views.
I was agreeing,I meant basically the same thing.But I also wanted people to realize that not all people who are religious seek to force their will on others,thus what I'm trying to say is people should not be attacked just becauase they are religious.

Old 04-08-2009, 02:01 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,569,354 times
Quote:
I am only trying to prevent the moral foundation of American society from deteriorating. Obviously people who believe as I do have been unsuccessful at stopping sinful acts such as pre-marital sex, divorce, drug abuse, prostitution, illegal immigration, and rampant crime.

We have the opportunity to stop other degrading actions such as same-sex marriage.

Meanwhile I am here simply stating my opinions. If you disagree with or outright despise what I say then I suggest you ignore my posts or head on over to another city-data forum other than Politics and Other Controversies.

If you can't stand the heat . . . . . .
You know the rest.
Oh I can stand the heat, I can even stand your posts, useless as they are. I'm simply saying that you're delusional, irrational & completely unnormal. You know, the opposite of normal which for whatever reason, you seem to think you are. And for the record, one who doesn't believe in god has no use for bible or god references. It simply doesn't exist, so you're really talking to air.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies