Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Gay Marriage will be legalized in all States in how many years?
Within 5 18 11.84%
Within 10 21 13.82%
Within 20 34 22.37%
Within 50 12 7.89%
It will take more than 50 years 8 5.26%
It will never be legalized in all states 54 35.53%
It will be made ill-legal in all states 1 0.66%
Other 4 2.63%
Voters: 152. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2009, 10:44 AM

4,655 posts, read 5,070,365 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
I said you're wrong, plain & simple. What about that don't you understand?

Do you have a reason to say I'm wrong, or is it just that you don't want to admit you're not right?

Old 04-08-2009, 10:50 AM

2,406 posts, read 7,904,087 times
Long ago it was inconceivable to think blacks could vote or drink from the same fountain as whites.

One day it will be just as inconceivable to think gays could not marry the same as whites.

It is a human rights issue, of course gays deserve the same rights as heteros. And for the ignorant that say what about animals, children, etc.. first of all gays are consenting adults, second of all there are not health issues involved such as with molestation and incest, third of all, that is just plain ignorant and rude.

Old 04-08-2009, 10:52 AM

4,655 posts, read 5,070,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davachka View Post
Long ago it was inconceivable to think blacks could vote or drink from the same fountain as whites.

One day it will be just as inconceivable to think gays could not marry the same as whites.

It is a human rights issue, of course gays deserve the same rights as heteros. And for the ignorant that say what about animals, children, etc.. first of all gays are consenting adults, second of all there are not health issues involved such as with molestation and incest, third of all, that is just plain ignorant and rude.

On the other hand, creating a definition of marriage specifically for gays could be construed as segregation, right?

Old 04-08-2009, 10:58 AM

14,975 posts, read 16,464,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdbrich View Post
On the other hand, creating a definition of marriage specifically for gays could be construed as segregation, right?
This is a little out there, but I agree to an extent.

Marriage = a man + a woman.

No one has ever suggested that a gay man shouldn't be allowed to marry a woman or vice versa. Like it or not, sexual orientation cannot trump biology.

Old 04-08-2009, 11:04 AM

93 posts, read 140,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yikesamillion View Post
Well-written and to the point.

The basic family unit is what keeps society civil, and allows it to evolve and progress. By progressing I don't mean the leftist dogma that liberals and Democrats like to call progressive. Without the family society would completely crumble.

On the other hand nobody should be reproducing without the proper financial means and leaning on the taxpayers for support either.

The states of Iowa and Vermont need to get the issue to the election ballots for the people to have the mandate on this issue. No arrogant judge or left-wing legislature should be able to rule from their high horses on things like this. It is total absurdity!

Oh and I support white-only establishments just as I support minorities to form their own separate establishments. I do not believe the feds or a state legislating board should be forcing separation of the races or separation of homosexuals from heterosexuals; but if people wish to live separately with their own kinds where they are more comfortable so be it.

Marriage is not a right on a federal Constitutional level so that is why we leave it to the states. That is why we have ballots so citizens can make the decisions.

Homosexuality is a sin and I will do whatever I can by way of the electorate process to make sure the abomination of same-sex marriage is kept illegal. Homosexuals can practice their sickening acts of pleasure in their closets. Open sexuality is one of the things that has caused this society to sink to horridly low moral levels.
Divorce, adultery and fornication are biggest SIN than Homosexuality, those sins are mentions hundreds of times in the Bible, why don't you do everything you can to outlaw those sins too?

Why just Homosexuality that is only mention i think four times in the whole Bible?, and those four times just in the Old Testament, NOT even once mention my Jesus Christ in the New Testament.

Divorce is destroying this society, the YOU are doing nothing about it, Straight people are destroying this society based on your own version by having kids outside marriage.

A society that allow Britney Spear to get married in a second and divorced ten minute after it got married it's already destroyed.

Old 04-08-2009, 11:15 AM

11,155 posts, read 15,708,272 times
I think it's kind of funny that the enlightened New England states saw Iowa beat them to the punch and now they're like, "Whoa. Wait a minute."

Old 04-08-2009, 11:18 AM

355 posts, read 447,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezequiel View Post
Divorce, adultery and fornication are biggest SIN than Homosexuality, those sins are mentions hundreds of times in the Bible, why don't you do everything you can to outlaw those sins too?

Why just Homosexuality that is only mention i think four times in the whole Bible?, and those four times just in the Old Testament, NOT even once mention my Jesus Christ in the New Testament.

Divorce is destroying this society, the YOU are doing nothing about it, Straight people are destroying this society based on your own version by having kids outside marriage.

A society that allow Britney Spear to get married in a second and divorced ten minute after it got married it's already destroyed.
I am highly opposed to everything you mentioned.

Sexual activity should only be practiced behind closed doors, and with the benefit of marriage attached. Marriage is one man and one woman only, and any type of intimate sexual relations outside that union of marriage is purely sinful.

Marriage works if it is allowed to work. Divorce has always been around but it was an uncommon practice before the 1960s. Since the hippie-yippie free love generation divorce has become out of control. People use divorce as an easy way out before trying to keep their holy union in tact.

Don't get me started on promiscuous sluts like Britney Spears. She one of the many Hollyweird pop stars that is ruining the moral foundation of society with their disgraceful actions.

The reason I mention homosexual marriage is we have the ability to put a stop to that before it becomes widely accepted like the other immoral items I mentioned above.

Old 04-08-2009, 11:21 AM

12,169 posts, read 17,649,226 times
Change the words "a man and woman" to "two people," so some of wise Moderator cut: languagehere understand we are not including plural marriage or marriage to animals. How hard is this to understand? Sadly I think it will take twenty years for gay marriage to be legalized in all the states.

Christians seem to be the largest group against gay marriage. As religion continues to fall out of favor, we will make progress. Hey we haven't seen any witches burned on a stake lately. Things are looking up.

Last edited by katzenfreund; 04-08-2009 at 12:16 PM..

Old 04-08-2009, 11:34 AM

16,087 posts, read 41,166,264 times
I have a 5-year old relative being raised by her slothful, idle, straight crackhead daddy and sometimes stripper mother in a series of evictions from flophouses and trailers in GA. Even though they have the right to get married, they won't do it, even though they have been begged for years. Now most of us don't even talk to them because they have stolen from us. We are trying to get the child away from them. But the 'matriarchal' grandma has her own problems and since they aren't married she has the upper hand.

I would much rather see her raised by a single gay person or married gay couple.

Old 04-08-2009, 11:41 AM

40,050 posts, read 34,607,468 times
When you get right down to it, what difference does it make who marries who, as long as you're married to the person of your choice?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies