Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-29-2009, 03:33 PM

8,309 posts, read 38,782,175 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZugZub View Post
Ahem. The death tolls are different because the level of medical care is vastly different, not because Mexicans et al are defective in some way.
True. The standard of care available to the rank & file citizens of Ye Olde Mexico leaves something to be desired. Also, it seems unlikely that instances of infection with this particular strain are being accurately reported. Any presumption of lethality expressed as a percentage based on numbers drawn from reported cases and reported deaths is almost certainly going to be erroneous.

One thing that is scary about this flu is that many of the confirmed deaths are men and women in their 20's, 30's and 40's. The people who should be the best equipped to fight viral infection are being overwhelmed.

Old 04-29-2009, 03:35 PM

1,213 posts, read 1,632,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JennySquirrel View Post
It is political why they are not closing the borders. Think of the logic? If a mice infected with rabies are coming into your home, would you say, "it's OK, let's not close up the holes they are getting in through. Let's just passively watch them to see what they are going to do". We would never do that, we would all close off the source and then deal with the ones left in the house. We sure would not sit back and let more in.

POLITICAL!
Oh yes, it's political. Nappy, as she was ?lovingly? called when she was gov of Ariz, her boss, La Racist, and all of the other OB pro amnesty crowd are TERRIFIED at the thought of letting the American sheeple see that the border could actually be closed. The American sheeple might then demand that the closed border stay closed even after the swine flu pandemic is over in order to curb the illegal Mexican invasion. It's pretty obvious that career Democratic politicians can not not hispander.

Old 04-29-2009, 03:42 PM

6,757 posts, read 8,285,986 times
If this helps, here's the timeline of the baby's illness and death:

FACTBOX: Chronology of 1st U.S. swine flu death in Texas | Reuters

Old 04-29-2009, 03:45 PM

870 posts, read 1,627,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
OMG, a Mexican! From what I read, the family went to TX for a visit; the child was not sick when they arrived. I'll try to find a link.
must not have had any luck with that link proving the kid wasn't sick huh?

Old 04-29-2009, 03:47 PM

It just occurred to me that the heavy coverage of the "swine flu" is working perfectly. I'm not really paying attention to the economy, the semi-nationalization of Chrysler, the AF1 fly-over of Manhattan or Senator Specter.

Old 04-29-2009, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by booker_one View Post
Read the timeline I just posted (the one before your last post). It sets the time that the baby showed symptoms as after his family was in Brownsville, visiting family.

ETA: I know you were not asking me for this proof, but since I happened to look it up ...

Old 04-29-2009, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimboburnsy View Post
It just occurred to me that the heavy coverage of the "swine flu" is working perfectly. I'm not really paying attention to the economy, the semi-nationalization of Chrysler, the AF1 fly-over of Manhattan or Senator Specter.
Wash your hands a lot - the World Health Organization has raised the pandemic threat level to 5. If we get to pandemic, the level will be 6, so we're almost there.

Old 04-29-2009, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by booker_one View Post
The child had to have been infected at the time he crossed the border. It may be legitimate that the family was unaware of the infection when they entered the states, but influenza needs considerably more time to develop into an outward illness than April 4 - April 8.

Old 04-29-2009, 03:51 PM

3 posts, read 6,990 times
Default Swine Flu

We can't just blame the Mexican people for this. How about the people that live in different countries like New Zealand and Canada, that took trips to Mexico. They didn't know they had the virus and went home anyway. What do you say to them? But of course the right wing machine always blames them for a lot of things. Its sad and racist!

Last edited by weezerdude86; 04-29-2009 at 03:52 PM.. Reason: type o

Old 04-29-2009, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emeraldmaiden View Post
Wash your hands a lot - the World Health Organization has raised the pandemic threat level to 5. If we get to pandemic, the level will be 6, so we're almost there.
I'm not trying to downplay the seriousness of the situation, but I think that the hype surrounding it is overblown. We're also only 2 levels away from "IMMINENT DEATH AT THE HANDS OF TEAR-WRISTS"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies