Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-14-2009, 03:34 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,274,487 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mississauga75 View Post
I'd like to know who Coulter refers to as 'liberals'
She sure likes to use labels but really, I don't think her article makes a good case because she doesn't define who liberals are. It is so vague, It seems like the concept of a liberal is a figment of her imagination.
I don't think that many people that Ann and I think of as liberals have to wonder who she means.

How about the media people she listed? Do you think of them as liberals? I sure do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2009, 03:35 PM

5,643 posts, read 9,664,680 times
"Let those who are without sin be the the first to cast the first stone". Or something like that. We really didn't read the Bible much in Catholic school, but that quote was the first to cross my mind in regard to the Ms. California fiasco.

Old 05-14-2009, 03:36 PM

5,032 posts, read 12,611,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Do you want to bet they will allow that kind of question again? I seriously doubt they will.
It's not the question or even Prejean's answer. She complained about being prejudiced against & then went out & supported anti-gay rights organizations in conflict with the rules of the Miss Universe contest.

Now Prejean is a target & I don't think she will ever forget how foolish it was to oppose human rights. Remember Anita Bryant?

Old 05-14-2009, 03:39 PM

1,577 posts, read 1,956,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4beanie View Post
I know this may shock you but I know quite a few people who I know and are not Christian believe that marriage is between a man and woman
No it doesn't shock me.. The influence of religion is powerful - the reason i added (insert religion here). Aside from the non-religious influences that form the opinion against same-sex marriage, i find they all make a weak argument and when challenged on it, they seem to say its just not natural or just not right and dissapear. So i appreciate your comment, but it hasn't had an impact on me.

Last edited by mississauga75; 05-14-2009 at 04:17 PM..

Old 05-14-2009, 03:39 PM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,852 posts, read 10,458,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
She seems very qualified to be a host on Fox - big boobs, blonde, no background in journalism... a perfect fit!
Yeah, kinda like another well-known, right wing female airhead we can think of ("wink-wink", "nod-nod")!

Far be it from FAUX to ever resist the opportunity to exploit an issue for ratings. Heck, if she suddenly came out attacking gay marriage and abortion, they'd happily make a "newscaster" out of Paris Hilton!

Old 05-14-2009, 03:40 PM

Location: I currently exist only in a state of mind. one too complex for geographic location.
4,196 posts, read 5,844,425 times
why would anyone regret an opionion? I don't think she regrets it at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by happ View Post
The reality is that she will face ugly demonstrations\ booing wherever she goes. The distraction may be far worse than anything she and Trump could ever conceive of. This will be a year in Prejean's life that she will regret for the rest of her life.

Old 05-14-2009, 03:43 PM

1,577 posts, read 1,956,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I don't think that many people that Ann and I think of as liberals have to wonder who she means.

How about the media people she listed? Do you think of them as liberals? I sure do.
My point is that this divisive language, generalizations will only serve to manifest simplistic labelling. It simply isn't productive on either side.

Old 05-14-2009, 03:46 PM

3,813 posts, read 4,915,884 times
Do you think they'll have a wind machine blowing at her?

Old 05-14-2009, 03:47 PM

Location: I currently exist only in a state of mind. one too complex for geographic location.
4,196 posts, read 5,844,425 times
why not. she has a pretty nice body. fake boobs aren't my thing, but a low cut top would get ratings. fox is a business.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siouxcia View Post
Do you think they'll have a wind machine blowing at her?

Old 05-14-2009, 03:49 PM

3,813 posts, read 4,915,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefinalsay View Post
why not. she has a pretty nice body. fake boobs aren't my thing, but a low cut top would get ratings. fox is a business.
I agree. It's all about ratings!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies