Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-06-2009, 12:53 PM

7,923 posts, read 8,849,255 times

Advertisements

Way To Go!......... It's about time that Gays were treated equally. They work the same as Heterosexuals..Pay taxes the same as Heterosexuals and in fact are exactly the same as Heterosexuals except in their choice of the sex of their partners.
Let's hope that common sense will prevail, people will begin to understand that being gay is NOT a disease or catching but a biological preference that is born and not inherited or chosen.
It's time that Gays were given absolute equality.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2009, 12:54 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,959,965 times
Ha ha I had no idea you were agreeing with me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fungame View Post
Why are you arguing with me on semantics when our posts mean the exact same thing? I said that it is not a pure democracy.

Old 05-06-2009, 12:54 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,468,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Langlen View Post
Can you provide these examples?

Children that are raised by gay parents often look to other adults to fulfill the missing role in their lives.
Well, for examples you can look to crime rates, school dropout rates, statistics on drug usage, etc.

As far as the gay parents, that could be true, but I'd prefer the role could be filled by a parent.

I should also mention I have no problem with gay people being around kids, working with kids, and playing other important roles in kids' lives.

My ONLY concern is the lack of a male and a female parent.

Old 05-06-2009, 12:56 PM

8,346 posts, read 7,047,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
Well, for examples you can look to crime rates, school dropout rates, statistics on drug usage, etc.
Can you prove this is the result of gay parenting?

Seriously, you're making the claim, the burden of proof is now upon you.

Quote:
As far as the gay parents, that could be true, but I'd prefer the role could be filled by a parent.
Realistically, I see no reason why a child can't grow up just as balanced with homosexual parents than a child with hetero parents.

Old 05-06-2009, 12:57 PM

439 posts, read 617,218 times
Another Village People state. " YMCA

Old 05-06-2009, 12:57 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,643,191 times
Good for Maine!

Old 05-06-2009, 12:58 PM

8,998 posts, read 14,792,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geeoro View Post
Way To Go!......... It's about time that Gays were treated equally. They work the same as Heterosexuals..Pay taxes the same as Heterosexuals and in fact are exactly the same as Heterosexuals except in their choice of the sex of their partners.
Let's hope that common sense will prevail, people will begin to understand that being gay is NOT a disease or catching but a biological preference that is born and not inherited or chosen.
It's time that Gays were given absolute equality.

Actually....in many cases same-sex couples pay more in taxes because they have to file as singles instead of filing jointly.
Also in cases where one partner dies and leaves behind property or money, the surviving partner gets slammed with the inheritance tax.

If a company offers health insurance to same-sex spouses of their employees, the gay employee has to pay taxes on the health insurance even though their married heterosexual counterpart does not.

Quote:
When it comes to taxes, same-sex committed couples will always pay more, but get less because of discrimination in marriage. Since same-sex couples cannot jointly file their taxes, they lose out on the marriage benefit of being taxed at a lower level, while also losing out on the ability to collect each other's social security, receive automatic inheritance rights, or transfer property without being taxed, just to name a few losses.
Source: Freedom to Marry | Tax Time 2007 (http://www.freedomtomarry.org/get_informed/landscape/tax_time.php - broken link)

Once certain parts or ALL of DOMA is repealed, we will see this reversed.

Even though some states have legalized marriage equality, same sex couples in these states will have to file as single on their federal taxes.

Quote:
Did you know...
  • Dependent health and life insurance, for both children and spouses, is tax-free for a married couple, whereas an unmarried couple is taxed (often more than once, both federally and by the state). Denied marriage, same-sex couples are excluded from this tax benefit, among many others.
  • Civil unions and/or domestic partnerships are NOT a "good enough" solution for same-sex couples. Even with these second-class alternatives to marriage, the federal government will continue to consider the insurance taxable income, possibly adding $10,000 or more per year to their income level, and resulting in higher taxes.
Also from the same source as posted above.

14,975 posts, read 16,468,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Langlen View Post
Can you prove this is the result of gay parenting?
No. This is the result of single parenting. It's not a definitive result or even more likely than not but it is far more likely than in the case of married parents.

Again - I'd need more information to see whether the likelihood of problems is caused by the lack of a parent of the opposite sex or simply by the lack of a second parent.

Also, I would have no problem giving those in same-sex marriages preference in jobs such as teaching, to make it a bit more fair for those who want to be involved in kids' lives.

7,923 posts, read 8,849,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by New Order View Post
Better than a KKK State!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

25,157 posts, read 53,959,965 times
Are you dancing in your leather chaps right now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Order View Post
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies