Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2009, 09:05 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,128,317 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Conservetives right here on this board supported the nationalization spree, including AIG and freddie / fannie seizures, and now they pretend they have always been against them. End of story.

FDIC is nothing but a government ran corporation. Sorry.

Right now you are still defending the overnment seizures by trying to twist the facts and pretending they were not seized, while they were.
Dam you like to go in circles, make up accusations, and then when asked to backup your argument, you then change the argument while ignoring the question.

Find ONE CONSERVATIVE right here on these boards that supported the nationalization spree, including AIG, Freddie / Fannie.. Just ONE. You do understand that Freddie and Fannie are liberal programs right? Just because you claim they exist doenst mean its true. I'm done going in circles with you unless your actually going to disucss something other than.. You believe..

FDIC is regulated by the government, insured by the government, its not funded by the government.. Again, its funded by banks. Where have I EVER defended government taking over ANYTHING? EVER.. Your speaking to one of the most anti government, pro free market posters here on this board and claiming I supported government control? Ohh how laughable..

Ignoring these facts are not making you look intelligent, trust me, I think even the other liberals who disagree with me on issues would not claim that I've ever supported governmental control.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2009, 09:38 AM

4,104 posts, read 5,311,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OC Investor2 View Post
I read somewhere that the avg. dealership employees 46 people. 46 x 3400 dealers = 156,400 jobs lost at dealerships during the restructure of GM & ChryCo. Chrysler & GM combined have approximately 180K employees on the payroll. So we paid something like $40B tax dollar to save 180K jobs while flushing 156k jobs down the toilet.

What did we get for our money again?

Votes. For a fraud. And liar. And hypocrite.

Old 05-17-2009, 09:40 AM

4,104 posts, read 5,311,261 times
Quote:
You like repetition, don't you.

Conservetives right here on this board supported the nationalization spree, including AIG and freddie / fannie seizures, and now they pretend they have always been against them. End of story.

FDIC is nothing but a government ran corporation. Sorry.

Right now you are still defending the overnment seizures by trying to twist the facts and pretending they were not seized, while they were.
Name one poster here. Go back and find a post, and link to it. Just one that supported it.

Old 05-17-2009, 09:45 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,128,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GOPATTA2D View Post
Name one poster here. Go back and find a post, and link to it. Just one that supported it.
He might be able to find someone that defends it, but he wont find someone that supports it. I can defend why it was done, to do so I dont have to agree with the choice of taking that action. It was wrong to loan businesses taxpayer money, its even more wrong to take taxpayer money and invest it directly into companies. These companies should have been allowed to sink/swim on their own, Ford is showing that it can be done. I dont need to support the steps taken to understand why they were taken..

Old 05-17-2009, 10:32 AM

31,387 posts, read 37,060,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViewFromThePeak View Post
Yep, more voodoo Keynesian retard witchdoctoring at work.

Next on chopping block: 2,600 GM dealers - May. 14, 2009
Weren't you one a member of the anti-bailout crowd? Weren't you trying "Let them fail" or do I have you confused with someone else?

Old 05-17-2009, 12:12 PM

4,897 posts, read 8,320,466 times
Yes. Yes, he was.

Old 05-17-2009, 04:18 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,651,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Where have I EVER defended government taking over ANYTHING? EVER.. Your speaking to one of the most anti government, pro free market posters here on this board and claiming I supported government control? Ohh how laughable...
Keep telling that to yourself. Maybe you'd sound more believable if you didn't try to defend Bush's bailout and nationalization spree all the time by trying to make it sound like it never happened. It happend, get used to it. And unfortunately Obama is continuing the same policy. If you want to oppose such policies, then be consistent about it. The more you talk, the more you sound like those who backed them under Bush and now oppose them under Obama.

Old 05-17-2009, 04:47 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,651,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GOPATTA2D View Post
It would pretty lame to name names of posters. You probably would, but I am not going to.

Here are Republican senators who voted for bailout money which was later used to nationalize private companies. Many of them are still in senate and now oppose identical policies. Partisanship at its best:

Alexander (R-TN), Yea
Bennett (R-UT), Yea
Bond (R-MO), Yea
Burr (R-NC), Yea
Chambliss (R-GA), Yea
Coburn (R-OK), Yea
Coleman (R-MN), Yea
Collins (R-ME), Yea
Corker (R-TN), Yea
Cornyn (R-TX), Yea
Craig (R-ID), Yea
Domenici (R-NM), Yea
Ensign (R-NV), Yea Graham (R-SC), Yea
Grassley (R-IA), Yea
Gregg (R-NH), Yea
Hagel (R-NE), Yea
Hatch (R-UT), Yea
Hutchison (R-TX), Yea
Isakson (R-GA), Yea
Kyl (R-AZ), Yea
Lieberman (ID-CT), Yea
Lugar (R-IN), Yea
Martinez (R-FL), Yea
McCain (R-AZ), Yea
McConnell (R-KY), Yea
Murkowski (R-AK), Yea
Smith (R-OR), Yea
Snowe (R-ME), Yea Specter (R-PA), Yea
Stevens (R-AK), Yea
Sununu (R-NH), Yea
Thune (R-SD), Yea
Voinovich (R-OH), Yea
Warner (R-VA), Yea

Old 05-17-2009, 04:49 PM

4,465 posts, read 8,002,135 times
The point is that we didn't nationalize the corporations.

Instead, the corporations privatized the government.

Old 05-17-2009, 04:56 PM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,113,256 times
Quote:
It would pretty lame to name names of posters. You probably would, but I am not going to.

Here are Republican senators who voted for bailout money which was later used to nationalize private companies. Many of them are still in senate and now oppose identical policies. Partisanship at its best:

Alexander (R-TN), Yea
Bennett (R-UT), Yea
Bond (R-MO), Yea
Burr (R-NC), Yea
Chambliss (R-GA), Yea
Coburn (R-OK), Yea
Coleman (R-MN), Yea
Collins (R-ME), Yea
Corker (R-TN), Yea
Cornyn (R-TX), Yea
Craig (R-ID), Yea
Domenici (R-NM), Yea
Ensign (R-NV), Yea Graham (R-SC), Yea
Grassley (R-IA), Yea
Gregg (R-NH), Yea
Hagel (R-NE), Yea
Hatch (R-UT), Yea
Hutchison (R-TX), Yea
Isakson (R-GA), Yea
Kyl (R-AZ), Yea
Lieberman (ID-CT), Yea
Lugar (R-IN), Yea
Martinez (R-FL), Yea
McCain (R-AZ), Yea
McConnell (R-KY), Yea
Murkowski (R-AK), Yea
Smith (R-OR), Yea
Snowe (R-ME), Yea Specter (R-PA), Yea
Stevens (R-AK), Yea
Sununu (R-NH), Yea
Thune (R-SD), Yea
Voinovich (R-OH), Yea
Warner (R-VA), Yea

I'd like to proudly point out that MY senator, Russ Feingold...a DEMOCRAT ....voted NAY!!!! Would that more senators had his intelligence and courage.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies