Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2009, 06:37 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,610,112 times

Advertisements

Religion hasn't been outlawed. Churches aren't being forced underground. Christians are not being denied their rights to worship as they want to. And yet, it seems that some Christians feel this is either happening or on the verge of happening. Why is this? Is it just a need to feel close to Jesus who actually suffered for his beliefs? Or is it that they will not be satiated until the U.S. is a religious state in keeping with the ideas of their particular faith? Or is it just a vocal minority within Christianity that feels the need to conceive of themselves as modern-day martyrs regardless of reality?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2009, 06:40 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,168,101 times
I dont think real Christians are afraid, or affected by what goes on in the world.

Old 05-24-2009, 06:48 PM

5,160 posts, read 9,175,007 times
Here in Indianapolis, there are churches nearly everywhere. I pass them all the time. They're still open, and the people have the right to practice whatever the hell they believe in. There are tons of people handing out Chick tracts (or just preaching verbally) in grocery stores and other busy areas. The state of Indiana doesn't allow you to buy alcohol on a Sunday. For religious reasons obviously.

They try to preach to me, I tell them their religion is false, and all of a sudden, there is a "War on Christianity"?

The thing is, there aren't Muslims and others approaching me all the time. All religions are equally false to me. So if a person of any other religion came up to me, they'd get the same response. But apparently, Christians are the only ones arrogant enough to play you-should-believe-in-my-god-even-though-he-has-never-been-proven-to-exist.

Old 05-24-2009, 06:51 PM

15,395 posts, read 22,533,364 times
They want a theocracy....like in Iran.

Old 05-24-2009, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PITTSTON2SARASOTA View Post
They want a theocracy....like in Iran.
The scariest thing about this statement is that it isn't a conspiracy theory.

Old 05-24-2009, 07:02 PM

9,891 posts, read 10,828,106 times
Never before in American history have Christians experienced being hated for following Jesus Christ as they are today.

Here in America the persecution of Christians has not yet reached the feverish pitch as in other parts of the world. There is still a Constitution that protects them and allows them to freely practice their faith. But, broiling beneath the surface, the same hatred of God that exists in other parts of the world is festering in all our institutions. Slowly, methodically, and incrementally the anti-God forces are working to remove that Constitutional barrier.

It is important to recognize that those who are working for the dissolution of our society have a spiritual agenda. They are not merely attempting to dismantle the historic cultural values of this nation and move us toward a homogenized world. They also want to destroy Christianity and Bible-based religion. It is a clear part of their agenda, and they have already moved a long way in that direction.

In America it is called 'secularism' and is becoming visible in all walks of life and in all our institutions. Numerous legislative and legal battles which I'll discuss below attest to the fact that religious warfare is taking place.

War on Christianity

Old 05-24-2009, 07:04 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,027,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
Never before in American history have Christians experienced being hated for following Jesus Christ as they are today.

Here in America the persecution of Christians has not yet reached the feverish pitch as in other parts of the world. There is still a Constitution that protects them and allows them to freely practice their faith. But, broiling beneath the surface, the same hatred of God that exists in other parts of the world is festering in all our institutions. Slowly, methodically, and incrementally the anti-God forces are working to remove that Constitutional barrier.

It is important to recognize that those who are working for the dissolution of our society have a spiritual agenda. They are not merely attempting to dismantle the historic cultural values of this nation and move us toward a homogenized world. They also want to destroy Christianity and Bible-based religion. It is a clear part of their agenda, and they have already moved a long way in that direction.

In America it is called 'secularism' and is becoming visible in all walks of life and in all our institutions. Numerous legislative and legal battles which I'll discuss below attest to the fact that religious warfare is taking place.

War on Christianity
Exactly! But the Bible spoke about these things so we should not be surprised that they are happening.

Old 05-24-2009, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post

War on Christianity
Quote:
Here in Indianapolis, there are churches nearly everywhere. I pass them all the time. They're still open, and the people have the right to practice whatever the hell they believe in. There are tons of people handing out Chick tracts (or just preaching verbally) in grocery stores and other busy areas. The state of Indiana doesn't allow you to buy alcohol on a Sunday. For religious reasons obviously.

They try to preach to me, I tell them their religion is false, and all of a sudden, there is a "War on Christianity"?

The thing is, there aren't Muslims and others approaching me all the time. All religions are equally false to me. So if a person of any other religion came up to me, they'd get the same response. But apparently, Christians are the only ones arrogant enough to play you-should-believe-in-my-god-even-though-he-has-never-been-proven-to-exist.

Old 05-24-2009, 07:08 PM

64 posts, read 73,900 times

Old 05-24-2009, 07:10 PM

142 posts, read 222,057 times
Christians are attacked worldwide, in some areas even killed for our beliefs (we have faced genocide many times at the hands of athiests and other religions). While in America Christians are not attacked on a large scale, we are attacked.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies