Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2009, 04:06 PM

5,041 posts, read 6,224,913 times

Advertisements

Thomas sexually harrassed women and lied to congress about it.

But conservatives apparently only care about that when a liberal does it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2009, 04:17 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,801,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefinalsay View Post
I can't figure this out. it seems a lot of blacks can't stand him, and label him an uncle tom. anyone know why this is?
Extremely conversative. Blacks hold to liberal values and Thomas dont.

This from a black conversative libertarian.

Old 05-27-2009, 04:19 PM

3,709 posts, read 4,633,996 times
You can deduce that 80-90% of blacks are bigots.

Or you can live in denial.

Old 05-27-2009, 04:49 PM

6,902 posts, read 7,547,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishvanguard View Post

can you list the 80 to 90% of Blacks? This would mean all 30 million of them.

Old 05-27-2009, 04:52 PM

5,041 posts, read 6,224,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishvanguard View Post

Or you can be smart.

Conservative principles seek to preserve traditional (i.e., white) power structures. Blacks know that. It's the deluded and opportunistic blacks who become conservative. And there just aren't too many of them.

Old 05-27-2009, 05:31 PM

2,888 posts, read 6,547,676 times
I'm white and hate a lot of white politicians. I'm a fairly conservative woman and think the Republican VP nominee was a dingbat. If I were gay, I'd hate Rosie O'Donnell.

Geez - let's just lump everybody together and assume the whole group thinks alike.

Old 05-27-2009, 05:42 PM

382 posts, read 955,185 times
Blacks and other minorities,(soon to be majorities), don't believe that the American(white) rule of law applies to them because of real or imagined racism and oppression through the years. No black or latino who seems to run with the white rule of law and seems to be successful in their fulfillment of the American dream will ever be accepted by "people of color". They are mostly looked at as turncoats and traitors to their respective races who are being constantly preached to that somehow America owes them something more then the constitution allows.

The assault upon the American rule of law is clearly underway by the election of an activist president who is bent on designing a new, "people of color" rule of law. His Supreme Court appointee is a confirmation of this. The notion that a judge should strictly look at what is constitutionally relevent to a case is being fundamentally challenged. The leftists are going to inject race, economic status, empathy and past historical experiences by themselves and their ancestors to determine rulings. To me, this is nothing more then "getting even" justice and will test the fabric of the American legal system, and in my opinion the fabric of the union itself.

Old 05-27-2009, 05:44 PM

6,902 posts, read 7,547,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by expgc View Post
Blacks and other minorities,(soon to be majorities), don't believe that the American(white) rule of law applies to them because of real or imagined racism and oppression through the years. No black or latino who seems to run with the white rule of law and seems to be successful in their fulfillment of the American dream will ever be accepted by "people of color". They are mostly looked at as turncoats and traitors to their respective races who are being constantly preached to that somehow America owes them something more then the constitution allows.

The assault upon the American rule of law is clearly underway by the election of an activist president who is bent on designing a new, "people of color" rule of law. His Supreme Court appointee is a confirmation of this. The notion that a judge should strictly look at what is constitutionally relevent to a case is being fundamentally challenged. The leftists are going to inject race, economic status, empathy and past historical experiences by themselves and their ancestors to determine rulings. To me, this is nothing more then "getting even" justice and will test the fabric of the American legal system, and in my opinion the fabric of the union itself.

WHAT???

Old 05-27-2009, 05:51 PM

Location: I currently exist only in a state of mind. one too complex for geographic location.
4,196 posts, read 5,850,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leftydan6 View Post
Because most blacks are liberals (vote Democratic) and Thomas is one of the most conservative judges on the Supreme Court and leans Republican.
blacks liberal? yeah right. democrat, yes.

Old 05-27-2009, 05:51 PM

639 posts, read 1,144,013 times
The funniest thing I EVER read....and how true....."We just elected a "community organizer" to be the President of the United States"....I believe Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas will be fine....Awesome and VERY TRUE!!!! We elected a novice to be president....He is now swimming around with professionals and is finding out it is not nearly as easy dealing with reality versus campaign promises but alas I go off subject.......Thomas is a black that believes in core Conservative values...that makes him an evil man in the eyes of many. I believe he is someone who should be admired for all of his achievements.....but why idolize a successful, educated, black man when Puffy Combs and JayZee are out there??? I can't understand it but I'm sure some on this board will justify it because they don't agree with Thomas........
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies