Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2009, 06:38 AM

646 posts, read 801,973 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagran View Post
It wasn't our responsibility to get rid of him. It was the responsibility of the Iraqi people if that's what they wanted. To claim this debacle of a war is justified because of Saddams so-called support of terrorism is grasping at straws.
Look at the post you quoted,do you see anywhere where I even mention the war.No you don't ,Saddam did not just support terrorist he was a terrorist.But do not put words in my mouth.I swear I think you liberals buy a newspaper,just to look at the pictures and make up your own stories
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2009, 07:02 AM

646 posts, read 801,973 times
Quote:
The "intelligence" that they -- and Bush -- had was "intelligence" cherry picked to support Bush's desire to go to war. The CIA is in the Executive Branch and answers to the President. Tenent supplied Bush with the "intelligence" Bush wanted which was then fed to the Congress.
No, no there Sagran,they were not just trusting in Bush and mislead them.They voted for the war when it was popular and when voters started to rethink the war they all all of sudden changed their mind.They don't get a free pass.They are just as guilty.What is sad is the dems can't think for themselves they have to take opinion polls before they make a decision.They all 29 are either 100% flip floppers or 100% full of sheet.Hillary Clinton was more vocal than Bush for the resolution

Old 06-06-2009, 07:21 AM

37,981 posts, read 22,167,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djm666 View Post
This is an interesting observation that the neoCONS have finally reconciled with. Glad to see Cheney step up to the plate and admit to his own ignorance. Cheney: No link between Saddam Hussein, 9/11 - CNN.com
I never remember Bush/Cheney claiming any link between Saddam and 9/11. so I have no clue why it is an "interesting observation" to you.

Old 06-06-2009, 07:23 AM

195 posts, read 127,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mary phagan View Post
No, no there Sagran,they were not just trusting in Bush and mislead them.They voted for the war when it was popular and when voters started to rethink the war they all all of sudden changed their mind.They don't get a free pass.They are just as guilty.What is sad is the dems can't think for themselves they have to take opinion polls before they make a decision.They all 29 are either 100% flip floppers or 100% full of sheet.Hillary Clinton was more vocal than Bush for the resolution
Since when is war popular? Maybe for the cowards who send are troops into harms without just cause eh?

Old 06-06-2009, 07:26 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,158,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
I never remember Bush/Cheney claiming any link between Saddam and 9/11. so I have no clue why it is an "interesting observation" to you.
No, Cheney was never stupid enough to "claim" that Saddam was responsible but the Cheney/Bush administration implied in every way possible that he was......that was their excuse for invading Iraq....the planning of which started LOOOOONNNNGGG before 9/11....they just needed the flimsiest of excuses and ran with it.

Old 06-06-2009, 07:36 AM

4,011 posts, read 4,427,704 times
Quote:
Look at the post you quoted,do you see anywhere where I even mention the war.No you don't ,Saddam did not just support terrorist he was a terrorist.But do not put words in my mouth.I swear I think you liberals buy a newspaper,just to look at the pictures and make up your own stories
Oh, let's see..... (emphasis mine)
Post #42
Quote:
On top of all this he was paying the $25,000 to hamas suicide bombers family members for years.He did fund terrorists.There was also talk that he could have very well moved wmd's into Syria,he had ample time.He needed to be taken out no doubt
Post #58
Quote:
No doubt it is tragic that we are fighting Al Queda in Afghanistan and they are using our weapons to kill us.My point is that Saddam did in fact fund terrorist.He himself is a terrorist by his funding of Hamas.Like I said he did need to go
Post #96
Quote:
It is hardly mind reading,he had already attacked the WTC once,he was president and your telling me he did not know it was coming.If you were to read before you talk you would see I said I had mixed feelings about the war.Although I am very glad Saddam and his sons are dead
You post you have mixed feelings about the war but thought Saddam had to go and are happy he is gone. Then you snark at me about liberals making things up be. I was hardly making things up, more like connecting the dots.

Old 06-06-2009, 07:41 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,135,461 times
Quote:
Their job. And they didn't find anything.
WMD's were found AFTER the invasion, they were just so degraded that they were no longer usable. Stop buying into the lies that they didnt exist because they did.

We knew they existed because WE SOLD THEM TO SADDAM.

Old 06-06-2009, 07:43 AM

Quote:
On one thing we have no disagreement. The Dems had and have no balls. However, the "intelligence" was cooked to support a Bush administration agenda and fed to all. Some few spit it out, but most ate it. With so many in the public and the media swallowing it all, it would have taken real courage to stand up and try to lead in another direction. Where there was the intelligence to know that's what should have been done, there was no courage. Not in the Democratic Party and certainly not in the Republican Party. And that famously "liberal" media was just as culpable because they were the ones with the spoons in their hands feeding the public.

Old 06-06-2009, 07:43 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,135,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
The SAUDIS, especially the royal family (close personal friends of the Bush family) had DIRECT connection to bin Laden and the hijackers were SAUDIS.....

Why didn't we go to war with Saudi Arabia????
The fact that you asked this question is sad.. Really, really sad..

Saudi Arabia is not known to have terrorists camps

Old 06-06-2009, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
WMD's were found AFTER the invasion, they were just so degraded that they were no longer usable. Stop buying into the lies that they didnt exist because they did.

We knew they existed because WE SOLD THEM TO SADDAM.
Oh please. Quit twisiting things around to suit your right wing agenda.

I said "They didn't find any." You quoted it, didn't you understand what that means? It means they didn't find any. I don't know how much more simple I can make it. It does not mean those weapons never existed.

What is it with you people? Can't you understand even the most simple sentences? Or do you think everyone is as ill informed as you are?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies