Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2009, 12:13 AM

11,449 posts, read 14,471,535 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary phagan View Post
No doubt it is tragic that we are fighting Al Queda in Afghanistan and they are using our weapons to kill us.My point is that Saddam did in fact fund terrorist.He himself is a terrorist by his funding of Hamas.Like I said he did need to go
Hate to break it to you but the Pentagon just released yet another report, after going through some 600 memos or so, and once again concluded no link between Saddam an AQ. How many study groups need to come forward with this over and over before you begin to accept the facts?

Edit: And you are forgetting that we were sold the Iraq lie with "Mushroom clouds", "Imminent threat" and "WMD". If Bush had tried to sell the country on Iraq occupation solely on "Funding terrorists" you can bet this never would have gotten the green light.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2009, 12:23 AM

646 posts, read 801,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
Hate to break it to you but the Pentagon just released yet another report, after going through some 600 memos or so, and once again concluded no link between Saddam an AQ. How many study groups need to come forward with this over and over before you begin to accept the facts?

Edit: And you are forgetting that we were sold the Iraq lie with "Mushroom clouds", "Imminent threat" and "WMD". If Bush had tried to sell the country on Iraq occupation solely on "Funding terrorists" you can bet this never would have gotten the green light.
I never once said Al Queda,if you read my post you willsee I said Hamas,if you don't know this is another very violent terrorist org.It is a fact Saddam paid these suicide bombers money.You need to accept this fact

Old 06-06-2009, 12:31 AM

Quote:
I never once said Al Queda,if you read my post you willsee I said Hamas,if you don't know this is another very violent terrorist org.It is a fact Saddam paid these suicide bombers money.You need to accept this fact
Again, YOU aren't listening. Bush never stood in front of this country and gave that as his number one reason to invade Iraq. If he did, you'd be hard pressed to find anybody willing to ship our kids off for that.

Furthermore under what right did we have to march into a country that was not threatening us? Funding terrorist does not give a country carte blanche to to whatever they want -Geneva Conventions be damned. Did Saddam attack us on 9-11? No. Did Saddam threaten us? No. Was he in posession of WMD? No. Was he cooperating with UN inspectors? Yes.

What part don't you get?

What's so sad, is most of us can admit that hindsight is 50/50, but even with you guys, it's not, you're still blind to the truth.

Old 06-06-2009, 12:51 AM

646 posts, read 801,973 times
Quote:
Again, YOU aren't listening. Bush never stood in front of this country and gave that as his number one reason to invade Iraq. If he did, you'd be hard pressed to find anybody willing to ship our kids off for that.

Furthermore under what right did we have to march into a country that was not threatening us? Funding terrorist does not give a country carte blanche to to whatever they want -Geneva Conventions be damned. Did Saddam attack us on 9-11? No. Did Saddam threaten us? No. Was he in posession of WMD? No. Was he cooperating with UN inspectors? Yes.

What part don't you get?

What's so sad, is most of us can admit that hindsight is 50/50, but even with you guys, it's not, you're still blind to the truth.
As I pointed out earlier the democrats in the senate voted for this resolution with the same intelligence Bush had.You are not reading,I never once said we should have "marched into a country that wae not threatening us" I simply said he was a terrorists.You disagree?

Old 06-06-2009, 12:54 AM

1,374 posts, read 1,305,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
No one ever said Saddam had anything to do with 9/11. Show me.

The Senate intelligence report did say that AQ and Saddams minions had contact, but there was no operational link.

Show me.
That is beautiful, but you are OK with your brother Obama giving Iran the OK for nukes. Nice!

Old 06-06-2009, 01:00 AM

Quote:
As I pointed out earlier the democrats in the senate voted for this resolution with the same intelligence Bush had.You are not reading,I never once said we should have "marched into a country that wae not threatening us" I simply said he was a terrorists.You disagree?
They voted for a resolution to go to war as a last resort. Many said after voting (In particular Hillary) that it was the most difficult vote in their career and they trusted Bush to use diplomacy until it was exhausted. Bush took that trust and booted the inspectors out, marching into Iraq.

I don't agree. Saddam was not a terrorist but a secular dictator who detested the fundie terrorists and wanted nothing to do with them.

Old 06-06-2009, 01:06 AM

Saddam killed over 10k people and his son's tortured over 1000's of people.
Hey Bush tried his ass off to do what ever he could to save the USA.
I don't see that in Muslim Obama.....

Old 06-06-2009, 01:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wellness View Post
Yes, but were they threatening us? Did they attack us? Nope.

You're right, the difference is that Obama would adhere to the rule of law rather than act like some macho chickenhawk cowboy with somebody else's kids.

Old 06-06-2009, 01:14 AM

4,906 posts, read 6,849,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wellness View Post
So Obama killed over 10K of his own people and his sons tortured over 1000s of their own people and Bush went there to save the USA..

What about the people that actually attacked the USA??

Old 06-06-2009, 01:15 AM

Quote:
Yes, but were they threatening us? Did they attack us? Nope.

You're right, the difference is that Obama would adhere to the rule of law rather than act like some macho chickenhawk cowboy with somebody else's kids.
Hey, we have not been threaten by any country in years.
Your boy Obama is a real treat to foreign relations.

Last edited by Reads2MUCH; 06-06-2009 at 09:39 AM.. Reason: no name calling please
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies