Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2009, 09:21 PM

195 posts, read 127,767 times

Advertisements

This is an interesting observation that the neoCONS have finally reconciled with. Glad to see Cheney step up to the plate and admit to his own ignorance. Cheney: No link between Saddam Hussein, 9/11 - CNN.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2009, 09:22 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,961,908 times
No one ever said Saddam had anything to do with 9/11. Show me.

The Senate intelligence report did say that AQ and Saddams minions had contact, but there was no operational link.

Show me.

Old 06-05-2009, 09:25 PM

11,578 posts, read 13,953,952 times
Your very first post and its a repost. Good job.

Old 06-05-2009, 09:27 PM

15,154 posts, read 11,630,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post

The Senate intelligence report did say that AQ and Saddams minions had contact, but there was no operational link.

Show me.
Yes, I have been asking for that proof for years..and nothing

Old 06-05-2009, 09:28 PM

3,923 posts, read 3,648,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post

Show me.
See, it didn't have to be said over and over. It was eluded too and the American public took the bait. If you went around tomorrow and asked random people why we went to Iraq, I gaurantee you one of the most common answers you would get would be "because he helped blow up the World Trade Center" It is common knowledge that a large amount of misinformation went out to the public when Bush was whipping us into a frenzy. And when he switched gears and headed into Iraq, the public believed we were hunting down terrorists. Iraq was incriminated in the minds of Americans who had been subtly pushed to link Saddam and Al Queda.

Old 06-05-2009, 09:32 PM

11,446 posts, read 16,191,559 times
Who us? We never insinuated anything of the kind! We're innocent!

Old 06-05-2009, 09:33 PM

3,923 posts, read 3,648,388 times
Default Here are a few links. Don't expect any of you to take any of them seriously though. Still, someone must be lying.

Bush Defends Assertions of Iraq-Al Qaeda Relationship (washingtonpost.com)

CNN.com - Bush stands by al Qaeda, Saddam link - Jun 15, 2004

9/11 Commission Contradicts Bush/Cheney: No Link Between Al-Qaida and Saddam

General Powell’s al-Qaida-Iraq Connection is Non-existent

Al Qaeda-Hussein Link Is Dismissed (washingtonpost.com)

Saddam Hussein and al-Qaeda link allegations - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Did White House fake link between Saddam and Al Qaeda? | Countdown to Crawford | Los Angeles Times (http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/presidentbush/2008/08/forged-document.html - broken link)

Old 06-05-2009, 09:37 PM

Quote:
See, it didn't have to be said over and over. It was eluded too and the American public took the bait. If you went around tomorrow and asked random people why we went to Iraq, I gaurantee you one of the most common answers you would get would be "because he helped blow up the World Trades Center" It is common knowledge that a large amount of misinformation went out to the public when Bush was whipping us into a frenzy. And when he switched gears and headed into Iraq, the public believed we were hunting down terrorists. Iraq was incriminated in the minds of Americans who had been subtly pushed to link Saddam and Al Queda.
After the horror of 9/11, the possibility of an Iraq with WMD and the incentive to hand them off to terrorists, as well as the intolerable idea of a nuclear reconstituted Iraq could not stand. He had WMD, he used WMD, the inspectors were there looking for WMD, the world thought he had WMD. Just too much of a chance to take.

Besides, he was in violation of 17 UN resolutions from the Gulf War - just that alone technically justified an invasion.

Old 06-05-2009, 09:40 PM

195 posts, read 127,767 times
You beat me to it... I was just about ready to come up with some good links as I knew they were out there. I heard on the radio just a couple of days ago sound bites of both Bush and Cheney making the claim of 9/11 + Hussein and al Qaeda... Thanks...

Old 06-05-2009, 09:42 PM

Bush Defends Assertions of Iraq-Al Qaeda Relationship (washingtonpost.com)

There most certainly was a relationship between the two. It is well documented that the parties had contact. The SI report says the same, although there was no operational link.

CNN.com - Bush stands by al Qaeda, Saddam link - Jun 15, 2004

Yes, Zarqawi was in Iraq. Irrefutable.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...2004Jun16.html

Quote:
But the report of the commission's staff, based on its access to all relevant classified information, said that there had been contacts between Iraq and al Qaeda but no cooperation.
No "collaboration" - "contact" yes.

This links are all basically the same story.

I don't recall Bush or Cheney claiming Saddam had a direct part in 9/11. They have always said AQ had contact with him, which was true.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies