Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-11-2009, 07:50 AM

10,655 posts, read 18,665,293 times

Advertisements

I can tell you right now, if some wacko left fringe guy opens fire at a zoo to free a panda, or something, I'll be the first to denounce it, and say his fringe actions make the left look bad, rather than try to push the blame somewhere else.

Old 06-11-2009, 07:52 AM

10,655 posts, read 18,665,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
I will admit that the neo-nazi websites give these people a target for their failures in life, but the neo-nazi's are of a different party and I have not heard any poster here advocating for the nazi party, if there is such a thing.
There are posters here doing just that. There's been a surprising increase of neo-nazi supremacist posters here in the past few months for some reason.

Old 06-11-2009, 08:02 AM

12,436 posts, read 11,950,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
There are posters here doing just that. There's been a surprising increase of neo-nazi supremacist posters here in the past few months for some reason.
I have not seen there posts, but I will take your word for it. May have something to do with the election.

Old 06-11-2009, 08:13 AM

5,767 posts, read 5,015,996 times
Quote:

How did hotair2 miss the "Are you proud to be a bigot?" thread? Or all of the posts about Orly Taitz, stormfront, etc.? The openness of it suggests that
they're trolling for like-minded people to recruit. Who knew that there could be so many ignorant and hate-filled people in our country? Or that they would
be dumb enough to be proud of it? (Not speaking of you, hotair2).

Old 06-11-2009, 08:19 AM

8,185 posts, read 12,640,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salukifan1 View Post

How did hotair2 miss the "Are you proud to be a bigot?" thread? Or all of the posts about Orly Taitz, stormfront, etc.? The openness of it suggests that
they're trolling for like-minded people to recruit. Who knew that there could be so many ignorant and hate-filled people in our country? Or that they would

No joke. There has been an increase in openly anti-semitic posters as well as those that are just blatantly racist. It is disturbing to say the least.
However, I think it is unfair to say that 'conservative' minded posters either ignore them or in some way condone these new posters. I have seen - and participated - on many an interparty smack down of the stormfront types.
(not saying you have said that, but others have)

Old 06-11-2009, 08:29 AM

12,436 posts, read 11,950,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salukifan1 View Post

I don't read all the threads. If they look like troll posts are like the one you mentioned above I probably did not read it.

Old 06-11-2009, 08:33 AM

5,767 posts, read 5,015,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
No joke. There has been an increase in openly anti-semitic posters as well as those that are just blatantly racist. It is disturbing to say the least.
However, I think it is unfair to say that 'conservative' minded posters either ignore them or in some way condone these new posters. I have seen - and participated - on many an interparty smack down of the stormfront types.
(not saying you have said that, but others have)

Perhaps qualifying by saying "I haven't seen enough of it" would have been
more precise. Unless thoughtful Republicans band together and retake their
party, more crimes such as this one will destroy it; better to excise the cancer. That's the gamble the Democrats took over the Dixiecrats, and the
party was the better for it. Now it's time to do it nationally, as well.

Old 06-11-2009, 08:38 AM

8,299 posts, read 8,607,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
You're right. He was a leftist.
Quote:
Read your own article. Just because a blog writer desperately tries to say that if he hated Jews, then he hated "Neo cons" becuase neocon is some "code word" for Jews, because of some book she is linking to in her post to try to sell, doesn't make it true.

Lefists hate Obama and try to claim he wasn't born here? Leftists want to deport blacks? Leftists want to deport Jews? He was a hardcore BIRTHER like many posters here.

Stop trying to spin this shooting. Nice try, but you can't admit he was one of your own.
The same exact thing was done when Tiller was shot. All of a sudden, in spite of an ethics and accuracy, the shooter became a leftist. Pure propaganda. We are now seeing that exact manipulation with the representation of the shooter at the Holocaust Museum.

Old 06-11-2009, 08:40 AM

8,323 posts, read 15,171,483 times
Just a reminder, the topic is: Shooting at the U.S. Holocaust Museum, not forum trends

Old 06-11-2009, 08:44 AM

8,998 posts, read 14,789,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freemore View Post
I was totally surprised by his age. I thought this was a copy cat act at first. So sad.
Makes sense.
If you're going to commit a crime, do it while you're old because you probably don't have long to spend your life in prison.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies