Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2009, 01:20 PM

13,163 posts, read 1,695,729 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
The right wingers have been so brainwashed that they believe Muslim terrorists are left wingers. Sanrene claims to believe Nazis are left wingers, and maybe to her they are.
Get a grip. This is nonsense. You don't know your left from your right.
You can't see the similarities between Hitler's views and Von Brunn? And you say that Hitler was a right wing extremist? Since when did Fascism become right wing? Or is it another example of re-definition to suit your ends?

It seems you want to label everyone to the left of center as reasonable and sensible, but everyone to the right of center is an "extremist". Look at all the unsavory left wing extremists Obama surrounded himself with in the past. None of you on the left seemed to care.

Did you catch Jeremiah Wright's rant over the weekend? "Them Jews ain't gonna let him (Obama) talk to me, an ethnic cleansing is going on in Gaza, ethnic cleansing by the Zionist is a sin and a crime against humanity and they won't want Barack talking like that because they will say that he's anti Israel." What's the difference between the language of an anti Semite that is also nuts and kills people, and the language of Jeremiah Wright? Language is the same! Are you going to try to convince us that Wright is a right wing extremist?

Obama sat in the pews of this virulent anti Semite for almost 20 years and didn't object. And it was Jeremiah Wright that spewed this Jew bashing rhetoric. It was pretty much every minister that Barack Obama surrounded himself with, from Michael Pfleger to Eric Lee to a number of these collared ministers who spoke from the pulpit the same way that James von Brunn did on his hate site.

Glenn Beck - Interviews - Glenn Beck: Libs blame conservatives for crazy shooter...again
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2009, 01:24 PM

3,292 posts, read 4,474,295 times
When one of Jeremiah Wright's minions goes on a killspree you'll have a solid point.

Old 06-11-2009, 01:39 PM

1,655 posts, read 3,247,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
Get a grip. This is nonsense. You don't know your left from your right.
You can't see the similarities between Hitler's views and Von Brunn? And you say that Hitler was a right wing extremist? Since when did Fascism become right wing? Or is it another example of re-definition to suit your ends?

It seems you want to label everyone to the left of center as reasonable and sensible, but everyone to the right of center is an "extremist". Look at all the unsavory left wing extremists Obama surrounded himself with in the past. None of you on the left seemed to care.

Did you catch Jeremiah Wright's rant over the weekend? "Them Jews ain't gonna let him (Obama) talk to me, an ethnic cleansing is going on in Gaza, ethnic cleansing by the Zionist is a sin and a crime against humanity and they won't want Barack talking like that because they will say that he's anti Israel." What's the difference between the language of an anti Semite that is also nuts and kills people, and the language of Jeremiah Wright? Language is the same! Are you going to try to convince us that Wright is a right wing extremist?

Obama sat in the pews of this virulent anti Semite for almost 20 years and didn't object. And it was Jeremiah Wright that spewed this Jew bashing rhetoric. It was pretty much every minister that Barack Obama surrounded himself with, from Michael Pfleger to Eric Lee to a number of these collared ministers who spoke from the pulpit the same way that James von Brunn did on his hate site.

Glenn Beck - Interviews - Glenn Beck: Libs blame conservatives for crazy shooter...again
I don't know if I would call what's happening in Gaza ethnic cleansing... but I don't object to the use of the phrase... it's absolutely deplorable that Israel won't let aid get into Gaza to rebuild after they leveled it... and there have been plausible reports from relief agencies that Israel used unconventional weapons like phosphorous against the Palestinians in Gaza. And the Rev. is right (no pun intended)... if Obama spoke about these things, they would call him an anti-semite... some are already accusing him of that even for calling for a stop to the settlements.

Rev. Wright is not a quack, folks... his language is ridiculous at times but he's not a quack... and he's not violent... when he's connected to a violent crime, maybe then you can claim some sort of equivalency here.

Old 06-12-2009, 12:08 AM

2,553 posts, read 2,436,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vsmoove View Post
That's just the thing... these people aren't conservatives, ok? We're not talking about your run-of-the mill conservatives, we are talking about your extremists who are so pissed off that they could get violent... skinheads, neo-nazis, etc... I have no idea why typical conservatives would want to associate themselves with the report... particularly since the report never used the word 'conservative.'
No they're not conservatives and I don't think typical conservatives associate themselves with ther report but, others (many of whom consider themselves liberal) try to and then they get defensive about it. There are a ton of threads on here that do not make the distinction you're making when discussing this topic....as a matter of fact they tend to do the exact opposite and site some extremist's view as being of a typical conservative.

Old 06-12-2009, 06:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinkieMcGee View Post
When one of Jeremiah Wright's minions goes on a killspree you'll have a solid point.
You missed my point. Maybe my post was too long and it got lost in the reading (or skimming).

Here's the question I posed:
What's the difference between the language of an anti Semite that is also nuts and kills people, and the language of Jeremiah Wright? Language is the same! Are you going to try to convince us that Wright is a right wing extremist?

Old 06-12-2009, 02:04 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,464,356 times
Quote:
So a leader in the community and mentor to our president being anti semitic has less influence than the lunatic who shot a few people? Wright is was more dangerous then the neo nazi. Practically everyone knows who outrageous that group is but some people actually listen to their preacher, mentor and confident.

Old 06-12-2009, 02:06 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,464,356 times
Quote:

Rev. Wright is not a quack, folks... his language is ridiculous at times but he's not a quack... and he's not violent... when he's connected to a violent crime, maybe then you can claim some sort of equivalency here.
And he's way more dangerous than the neo nazi which practically no one would want to associate themselves with. There is no difference just like the is no difference between the NEW Black Panther party and neo nazis. Both fringe groups would love to see the "other side" murdered in cold blood...

Old 06-12-2009, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
So a leader in the community and mentor to our president being anti semitic has less influence than the lunatic who shot a few people? Wright is was more dangerous then the neo nazi. Practically everyone knows who outrageous that group is but some people actually listen to their preacher, mentor and confident.
Good point. Can't rep you just yet, but will keep trying.

Listening to Wright's angry rants about while folk and the evils of "d....mn America" for 20 years could easily make one very angry. I'm not surprised that Michelle indicated that it's only recently she's been proud of her country. Maybe Michelle's anger, and Obama's apologies, have a lot to do with what they took in under Wright's mentorship. How many more people has he affected with his hate speeches, I wonder. I agree, people like that are dangerous because others actually listen to them and believe them instead of thinking for themselves.

Old 06-12-2009, 06:53 PM

4,104 posts, read 5,309,861 times
Quote:
From my viewpoint, Obama is killing a nation.

Old 06-13-2009, 01:26 AM

3,709 posts, read 4,628,200 times
Quote:

Anyone who thinks Jeremiah Wright is not a quack........well,they themselves are a quack. Hitler did not "commit" violence himself, only incited it. But I am not against Wright's right to speak, but he is soooo much closer to inciting violence than any "right wing radio" host.

I'll just be the first to say, "God damn Jeremiah Wright!"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies