Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-17-2009, 05:41 AM

261 posts, read 944,149 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by piperspal View Post
Qwerty you are correct - we can't fight ignorance.
I also think that poster is incapable of relating - on any level - with people of either gender or any persuasion.

btw, what is a het?
Not intended to be a prejudiced term just a shortened version of Heterosexuals.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2009, 05:56 AM

2,514 posts, read 4,954,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by QwertyFarmer View Post

yeah....a few more cups of coffee & I would have got that!

............................. ................

hey! wait a second!! That means I am a....het??? And *he's* a het......

OH CRAP!

Old 06-17-2009, 06:06 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,387,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gghhgg View Post
i am not american i am not familiar with them.who are they arwe they nice and confortable in being a woman and not trying to be a man
Look at your hand and count how many fingers you have.

Old 06-17-2009, 06:26 AM

Talking Similar but still not the same

Quote:
Originally Posted by piperspal View Post
yeah....a few more cups of coffee & I would have got that!

............................. ................

hey! wait a second!! That means I am a....het??? And *he's* a het......

OH CRAP!

No worries from me, lol. I know that a label is really only best used to describe the literal ingredients of a product for sale, or maybe a good warning on poisons, lol. Either way, almost all other labels are nothing more than a mask of prejudice, ignorance, and fear.

Old 06-17-2009, 08:39 AM

3,849 posts, read 3,753,125 times
Quote:
You do realize, don't you that there are quite a few of we heterosexual people posting here and arguing FOR your rights?

Old 06-17-2009, 09:05 AM

Default just to be clear...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMcQ LV View Post
You do realize, don't you that there are quite a few of we heterosexual people posting here and arguing FOR your rights?
I fully understand and appreciate this fact. For another fact most, 99%, of the people in my life are hets, and another fact to be very clear, my use of the term het/hets is nothing more than an abreviation of the word, as I stated in the post earlier.

Please do not look here at an offense where none exists. Peace

Old 06-17-2009, 09:25 AM

3,849 posts, read 3,753,125 times
Quote:
I fully understand and appreciate this fact. For another fact most, 99%, of the people in my life are hets, and another fact to be very clear, my use of the term het/hets is nothing more than an abreviation of the word, as I stated in the post earlier.

Please do not look here at an offense where none exists. Peace
I really wasn't looking to be offended. But my remark had more to do with the way you used the term in post # 240. That it could be offensive to some, though not to me personally. Having participated in many forums on this topic, I do know how easy it is to get into the habit of using and abbreviating terms without stopping to consider those who might find such use and abbreviation offensive. That is why, several years ago, I made it a point to use such terms as 'anti-gay' and 'pro-gay' instead of heterosexual and homosexual when I must delineate between the two. Because not all heteros are against gay rights, just as I've found that not all gays are for them. That last is strange, but in my 11 years on the internet, I have come across a few, especially in the area of same sex marriage.

Old 06-17-2009, 09:23 PM

184 posts, read 132,558 times
Quote:
gghhgg -

This is the typical type of person with which we so constantly have to defend ourselves to and against. This type of thinking brings out the worst in both sides. It leaves a sick feeling in my stomach to be regularly observing the level of pure hate motivated ignorance or maybe it is ignorance motivating hate, either way it is despicable. How anyone's adult personal relationship which holds no harm to either party is anyone else’s business especially the governments is beyond me. Frankly if all the hets would prefer to not hear from the LGBT community, how about allowing the rights which are due and we will go about our lives with much less effort in engaging hets in in anything. Hets come across like co-dependent bad relationships, they will not let the topics regarding gay rights go all while holding their hands up saying "just go!", lmao, it is the hets that keep all of this turmoil going. They are their own worst enemy on this topic. I again look forward to the day that this topic is nothing more than a nostalgic piece of bad history.
o come on man.i thought gays are people that want to earn respect from other people and are not trying to make other people feel sorry for them.give me the purpose of gay marriage what can it give to society and i will tell youif gay marriage is equal to hetero marriage

Old 06-17-2009, 10:55 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,468,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jettblack View Post

Aside from the religious issue. What do people think is so wrong about gay marriage? I would like to hear the non religious debate about this controversal issue.
That's kinda the point, religion should have nothing to do with our government.

It is your opinion that gay marriage is wrong based on your religion. However I do not need either one as a measurement for my life.

Old 06-18-2009, 04:28 AM

Default watch out for fast balls.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by gghhgg View Post
o come on man.i thought gays are people that want to earn respect from other people and are not trying to make other people feel sorry for them.give me the purpose of gay marriage what can it give to society and i will tell youif gay marriage is equal to hetero marriage
Hey gghhgg, first I doubt you think, second I need no respect from you or anyone like you, third NO ONE needs to feel sorry for me, my life rocks, and lastly I will GIVE YOU NOTHING, your opinion on gay marriage means diddly to me.

I will repeat, and read slowly so it does not hurt. You are the epitome (look it up) of why this world has so much hate filled ignorance. Your need for proof of something that has no bearing on your life is very sad, hopefully you will find a simple puzzle to bide your time. Stay under 20 pieces though, for your own safety. Oh, and try not to eat them either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies