Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2009, 12:29 PM

15,370 posts, read 39,129,983 times

Advertisements

since this is a PG13 forum I am prevented from telling what I would do for 252K
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2009, 12:38 PM

17,764 posts, read 39,748,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHouse9 View Post
The hypocrisy of it all is that the left wants to say "what goes on behind closed doors" or "Clinton was just getting some" but when a Republican does it, it is the worst thing in the world.

The best part about the Christian thing is that it says you shouldn't do it and that is an acknowledgment that this has occurred for a long time. It is also far more than the Left says about it too.
Yea, I'm sure Ensign was saying in the back of his mind "Bill Clinton got away with is, so can I". And if I'm not mistaken, it was the tightie righties who wasted millions in taxpayer money so we could all be voyeurs in a private marital matter. I'm not defending Clinton either, what he did was wrong and his philandering throughout his marriage is wrong, but it's none of our business, just like Ensign's philandering ...

Old 06-17-2009, 01:01 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,202,450 times
Where's the outrage from the right wing blogs?

Quote:
We were hoping, when GOP Senator and Promise Keeper John Ensign revealed his affair, for more rightblogger outrage, but alas, they have been pretty quiet about it. Riehl World View is forgiving: "People are human, they make mistakes" -- except when they're Democrats, especially Clinton, whose "behavior abused or denigrated the office he held," says Riehl. Plus, in Clinton's case it was "any potential blackmail that caused me the greatest concern," whereas Ensign "exposed the affair the minute he realized he was in jeopardy of being black mailed." Maybe we should put Ensign up for the Medal of Honor
New York - Runnin' Scared - Watchman, What of the Right? Rightbloggers on Gays, Ensign

Old 06-17-2009, 01:07 PM

4,183 posts, read 6,527,045 times
[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
At my age if I were boffing a 20 something young woman in a satisfactory manner I would want to be bragging (but would not because bragging is rude) and not carring what the prudes thought.

equality4all - Everybody, on the right wing at least, knows that any sex is sinful and indulging should be punished. After all sex can interfere with the proper worship of MAMMON.[/QUOTE]
LOL...GregW, you're one of my favorite posters here...you're always on the money.....

Old 06-17-2009, 01:07 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,279,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post
And if I'm not mistaken, it was the tightie righties who wasted millions in taxpayer money so we could all be voyeurs in a private marital matter. ...
Actually, you are mistaken.

The monies to investigate President Clinton, were specifically at the request of Attorney General Janet Reno.

Additionally, and the left does not like to admit this but, the investigation was not over his affair, it was over two specific issues: Whitewater, and lying under oath - perjury - a charge he later plead guilty to.

Old 06-17-2009, 01:12 PM

4,459 posts, read 4,212,711 times
Default Ensign Quits Senate GOP Leadership Post After Admitting Affair

WASHINGTON — Republican Sen. John Ensign of Nevada has stepped down from his leadership post one day after admitting he carried on a marital affair with a woman who was on his campaign staff.

Ensign Quits Senate GOP Leadership Post After Admitting Affair

Well, there goes a GOP hopeful...

Old 06-17-2009, 01:15 PM

1,410 posts, read 3,321,245 times
Wick dipping is a personal matter but, when one is elected to serve the people, there is no such thing as having varying degrees of integrity and character. You either have it or you don't. The fact that he paid this woman 252K of our taxpayer dollars is what is sad and scarey. Has anyone heard what her qualifying background and discussable credentials happened to be?

4,183 posts, read 6,527,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukester View Post
WASHINGTON — Republican Sen. John Ensign of Nevada has stepped down from his leadership post one day after admitting he carried on a marital affair with a woman who was on his campaign staff.

Ensign Quits Senate GOP Leadership Post After Admitting Affair

Well, there goes a GOP hopeful...
Any photos of this woman? Was she worth it?

519 posts, read 689,140 times
I wouldn't be so quick on that Dukester. He could easily claim to have "exercised humility back in 2009" if/when he aspires to higher office. It wouldn't surprise me if this is a very calculated maneuver to go ahead and rid himself of the stigma now instead of when/if those political aspirations ever come to fruition.

Old 06-17-2009, 01:27 PM

6,902 posts, read 7,542,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny B. Fury View Post
I wouldn't be so quick on that Dukester. He could easily claim to have "exercised humility back in 2009" if/when he aspires to higher office. It wouldn't surprise me if this is a very calculated maneuver to go ahead and rid himself of the stigma now instead of when/if those political aspirations ever come to fruition.

What stigma. I don't see what the BIG deal is here. This man will not be the first to have an affair, and DEFINATELY will not be the last. Folks need to worry about their own personal life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies