Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2009, 08:45 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,142,009 times

Advertisements

This has all been discussed in this thread:

Boxer Asks General To Call Her "Senator" And Not "Ma'am
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2009, 08:57 PM

7,786 posts, read 8,024,746 times
well her behaviour is sad and will end soon.us peasants are sick of these thrones that sen boxer and her ilk sit on and continue to look down upon us from

Old 06-19-2009, 09:26 PM

9,399 posts, read 11,147,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
I disagree, It was a power play pure and simple, she wanted to make absolutely sure that the General knew who "gives the orders". It was petty and stupid. Just another democrat with a grand sense of entitlement.
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertjohnson View Post
How true. This could have been done in a number of ways that were not insulting to the General. Just let us know when she's NOT offended about something.
Correct response:

Well, Babs, the United States was created in opposition to an Empire with a privileged, titled class. So "Senator" is actually your job description, it is NOT your title.

I am a US citizen. Therefore, you are MY servant. You are a public servant, no?
Would you mind bringing me a glass of water?

Thank you.

Now, what was your next question, you ******* ****?

Old 06-19-2009, 09:54 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,141,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwatted Wabbit View Post
Correct response:

Well, Babs, the United States was created in opposition to an Empire with a privileged, titled class. So "Senator" is actually your job description, it is NOT your title.

I am a US citizen. Therefore, you are MY servant. You are a public servant, no?
Would you mind bringing me a glass of water?

Thank you.

Now, what was your next question, you ******* ****?
He didnt seem to be seething with anger, though.

Old 06-19-2009, 09:57 PM

9,399 posts, read 11,147,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Most generals are politicians too, just like senators. That's how they get beyond major on their way up the stairs.

No doubt a lot of ass kissing is involved in making it to general officer ranks. Unfortunately that learned behavior showed in his timid response.
Someone like Patton or Col. Hackworth would have given a different response, I'm sure.

Babs is not in his chain of command, he is not required to kiss her ass.

Old 06-19-2009, 09:57 PM

958 posts, read 2,132,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Self discipline, Something the Mame doesn't have.

Old 06-19-2009, 09:59 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,141,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by turkeytrot View Post
Self discipline, Something the Mame doesn't have.
What is "the Mame"?

"Auntie" Mame?

"Put the Blame on" Mame?

Yes, he did show self-discipline, and she looked like a jerk.

Old 06-20-2009, 03:20 AM

1,718 posts, read 2,298,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
"Senator Boxer spoke with General Walsh yesterday

and he said he was fine with her comments at the hearing,"

Boxer spokesman Zachary Coile said in a statement sent Friday to FOXNews.com
The General is an Officer and a Gentleman. I would expect nothing less from him. His referring to Senator Boxer as ma'am was a show of the utmost respect. On the other hand Senator Boxer showed no repect for a man who has devoted his life to the defense of this country while at the same time demeaning women everywhere with her comment. She ought to be ashamed of herself!

Old 06-20-2009, 03:29 AM

19,013 posts, read 14,188,739 times
What an impressive display of statesmanship (ahem, stateswomanship) of a public servant....
sarcasm flag off.

Old 06-20-2009, 05:04 AM

38,647 posts, read 26,363,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
I understand where your coming from, but I disagree. People with titles are entitled to be called by those titles. Doctors ask to be called Drs, priests, Presidents, Senators, and even the General is entitled to be called General. The title does hold meaning and we can not discredit those positions because the individual is rude or obnoxious..

Were I addressing her she would be referred to by none of the above. However, when I wore this nation's uniform ALL civilian females and superior officers were to be referred to as Ma'am without variation because it is proper military protocol. That she disrespected the military's standards reveals her low opinion of those who protect our way of life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies