Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2009, 09:02 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,469,759 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Bolding mine.

Thank you for providing examples of YOUR civil discourse!!!!
I meant exactly what I said and I like the way I said it.

I only wish I could have said it directly to Ms. Boxer, b/c her arrogance definitely deserved having someone tell her to kiss their arse.

This thread concerns what Truehorn continues to insist is a faux pas. No such faux pas occurred. He would rather attack the person who proved him wrong rather than LEARN and back off.

How I choose to respond to a personal attack is my business.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2009, 09:22 AM

4,507 posts, read 9,060,696 times
Quote:

AGAIN, this was NOT a military situation...he was on HER turf.
SHE doesn't have any 'turf' in Washington. She represents the people, at their discretion and as their servant (employee). When was the last time you heard of servants (employee) claiming 'turf' on their master's (employer's) property?

Granted, her request may not have been inappropriate but her delivery reflected the kind of person she really is, arrogant and petty and unable to recognize that the general was showing respect, albeit not in the form she preferred it.

Quote:
Good point...they DO like to whine over the silliest stuff...takes their minds off their failed party , I guess.
You have been the biggest whiner in this thread...trying to suggest that it is because Boxer is a woman that her rude and unnecessary 'request' was seen as rude and unnecessary by most. No, if it had been Bawney Fwank it would have been just as rude and unnecessary.

Old 06-24-2009, 09:36 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,469,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCyank View Post
SHE doesn't have any 'turf' in Washington. She represents the people, at their discretion and as their servant (employee). When was the last time you heard of servants (employee) claiming 'turf' on their master's (employer's) property?

Granted, her request may not have been inappropriate but her delivery reflected the kind of person she really is, arrogant and petty and unable to recognize that the general was showing respect, albeit not in the form she preferred it.

You have been the biggest whiner in this thread...trying to suggest that it is because Boxer is a woman that her rude and unnecessary 'request' was seen as rude and unnecessary by most. No, if it had been Bawney Fwank it would have been just as rude and unnecessary.
Good points, NCYank.

Old 06-24-2009, 10:44 AM

24 posts, read 26,473 times
Next time the Senator should ******slap the general, then the RW will have something to complain about.

Old 06-24-2009, 07:07 PM

958 posts, read 2,132,689 times
Quote:
It was sexist because if a male senator had asked to be called Senator it wouldn't have even made the news....and the absurd level of hatred would not have been reached.

It's apparent that you choose make it gender related, from where you got that only you know. So Why don't you call Gloria Steinem, you and Gloria can burn a few bra's, sing a couple of choruses of We Shall overcome and you'll feel fine in no time.
BTW, It's not a political party thing either. It's a respect thing. That is where boxer is lacking.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies