Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2009, 03:07 PM

2,340 posts, read 4,629,505 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzie679 View Post
ah she's a US Senator
She's a SENATOR from CALIFORNIA. She works for the people of California. Duh
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2009, 04:07 PM

958 posts, read 2,132,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stac2007 View Post
Unless you are a leftist liberal she is not working for you either!
Well, she does get those taxpayer funded automatic pay raises like the rest of he politicians in DC do.

Old 06-20-2009, 04:26 PM

3,566 posts, read 3,732,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Ya know , if Senator Boxer had been male this wouldn't have been newsworthy.

But a mere woman has the nerve to correct a MAN and everyone gets their knickers in a twist!

A woman "gets uppity" and OH MY! Who DOES she think she is!

She doesn't want to be called "boy" anymore! OH HORRORS!!!

LOOK at the hatred directed at her because she wants to be addressed correctly ! It is nothing but misogyny with a heavy dose of stupidity.

The term "Ma'am" is SEXIST.

What they do in the military has nothing to do with the circumstances of Boxer's request...SHE isn't in the military.

AND, the military has a history of sexual harrassment, sexual bias, and RAPE of it's female soldiers so don't tell me about his level of respect for Boxer or any other woman!!!!
You're right. If Boxer had been a man, it would not have happened. That's because the general would have referred to a male senator as "Sir." I can't imagine any male senator objecting to being called 'Sir.' As was pointed out above Ma'am in the military is the equivalent of Sir and enlisted men and women are taught to address women officers as Ma'am and officers address senior female officers as Ma'am. By addressing Boxer as Ma'am the general was acknowledging her superior rank. Boxer, of course, has utter contempt for the military and so would know none of this. Californians ought to be ashamed for putting such a twit in such a responsible position.

Old 06-20-2009, 05:24 PM

639 posts, read 1,142,437 times
Don't worry Bay she may not be working for you that much longer either if the Government doesn't bail your butts out after years of mismanaging, overtaxing, tons of social programs that don't work, catering to "Illegal" aliens...........Keep pushing out the tax base and California may cease to exist...have no fear though, you won't be lonely, you will soon be joined by other liberal bastions of "hope" and "change" with Democratic run state governments like New York, New Jersey, Michigan, and Connecticut following in California's footsteps.......

Old 06-20-2009, 05:25 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,297,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicet4 View Post
I spit on her.
I would too; but, unfortunately, she's in California and I'm in Ohio. I can't spit that far.

Of course, I'm making a joke, but I understand exactly where you are coming from. She doesn't deserve respect. She is not only one of the stupidest of Senators, but also one of the most arrogant.

When we lived in San Diego, our neighbor, who was very politically active (and liberal) knew Boxer well. It was all I could do to keep my lip zipped when the conversation turned to politics!

Old 06-20-2009, 05:29 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,302,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
I disagree, It was a power play pure and simple, she wanted to make absolutely sure that the General knew who "gives the orders". It was petty and stupid. Just another democrat with a grand sense of entitlement.

She is a total idiot who loves to toss around her power.

Someone needs to let her know he is far more important then she ever will be and maybe, just maybe she should learn some manners from him.

She is a complete and utter a** and has a personality of a block of wood.

Old 06-20-2009, 05:33 PM

1,300 posts, read 1,492,808 times
This has got the be one of the most idiotic threads ever. The General respectfully refered to BB as maam. BB respectfully requested that the General refer to her as Senator. The General respectfully agreed to do so. He was not offended by her request, so this is clearly a non-issue. But true to form, people are so blinded by the party that they support, that they just can't help resist the urge to stir the pot.

~ButterBrownBiscuit~

Old 06-20-2009, 05:34 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,297,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by detshen View Post
There's nothing to apologize for, she politely made a request, and he honored it, that's the end of the story for reasonable people. To try and make this into an issue is absolutely ridiculous.
While technically true, she made an ass of herself. He was correct in addressing her as "Mam". But who cares? She's an idiot.

Old 06-20-2009, 06:05 PM

37,131 posts, read 42,193,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
While technically true, she made an ass of herself. He was correct in addressing her as "Mam". But who cares? She's an idiot.
He may have been "correct" but she was "correct" also and everyone has a right to use their formal titles if they want. She isn't an idiot and did not make an ass of herself. But you....

Old 06-21-2009, 07:55 AM

639 posts, read 1,142,437 times
Uh Oh.....personal attack on the board....now you should know that is not allowed...."Senator" Barbara Boxer is a BUFFOON!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies